It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affliction of awareness: Elightenment curse.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It sucks having the last 5-6 years experienced spirittual realities of all sorts, seen behind the veil, unmasked the hidden at play, lost an I to Oneness, and then to go back to the planet .....

.......and almost EVERYONE IS FREAKIN SLEEPWALKING!!!!!!

work, kids, taxes, school, tv, internet, sex, drugs, etc.

There is soooooo much more if you just go within, meditate, seek God.

And you try to tell someone and immediately you're judged for it, or the big EGO syndrome kicks in and your attacked and questioned.

I wish(I know, dualistic ego. Just a mask for the sake of making a point) I could simply touch someone on the forehead, or hand, and give them direct experience of what I have seen.

And all I have is words to describe to someone else how get "there". And these semantic get lost in translation. People get in conceptually but dont understand from direct experience.

It's soooooo frustrating. And then I remove the mask/role and rest in infinity. Everything is fine now. HA

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Well, criticizing it will draw you right back into it.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I believe you have identified your task, that is, to help as many as you can reach direct experience. Perhaps it will not happen for them in this lifetime. Not everyone will react favorably but you may be the catalyst to begin the process for another.

Surely you speak of an awakening other than the so-called "ATS awakenings" that are touted as awareness? Just making sure.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
the fruit must ripen in due course

the flower must bloom in time

one cannot make a tree sprout before it is sowed

"The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field; 32 it is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches."

Matthew 13:31-32

All must make its course in the stream of time ... even the divine must flow along the path ... every drop when joined to the sea becomes the sea ... as everyone of us that joins the world becomes the world

We are here but we are also "were" here and will still be here till we are no longer here ... then ... where will we be ?

observe the river ... the river is there , was there ... still be there but it's never the "same" river ...

replace the river with "I am" , "I was" and "I will"

I am here , I was here ... I will still be here but it's never the "same" I am

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Well, criticizing it will draw you right back into it.

One skill that rarely gets much addressing is being able to draw yourself in and out of it without becoming once more tighly enmeshed. It's sort of a breathing exercise but on a grander scale.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Surely you speak of an awakening other than the so-called "ATS awakenings" that are touted as awareness? Just making sure.

By all means my friend, I am referring to the real and tue direct spiritual experiences after years of meditating and seeking. In example holy spirit indwelling, ego death, illumination, dark night of the soul, Union w/ God.

Non of these I refer to as any kind of ATS or conceptual awakenings, but the real deal. The kind where you jaw drops to your floor and you call everyone you know to tell them about, then realize most of them don't get "it."

It's just sad to see. It's either gonna take a real long a** time to get all of us "there" or there will be some kind of direct intervention on a mass global scale that forces every single individual to reexamine priorities.

I hope 2012 ends up being forced enlightenment. hahaha imagine the craziness that will occur when everyone loses the "I". Oh man would that be nuts. I would simply grab a lawn chair and some popcorn and watch the madness ensue and eventually whimper out like a match in the wind.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Mind giving some tips then? I'm not asking for a magical technique to get enlightened instantly, but perhaps you could give some basic tips, on how to clear the thoughts while meditating for example, or if there are some heavy misconceptions about enlightenment floating around, maybe you could notify of that. Also you mentioned multiple 'events' that happened on the process of enlightenment, some of which are unknown to me, could you explain them in short?

As for waking up those who don't even know they're sleeping, perhaps you could shock them by showing this reality is an illusion, i mean if you are capable of that after being enlightened. Maybe it's just another misconception but i always thought if I'd get enlightened I'd help some people get to astral or something a couple of times, just so they would pursue spiritual development on their own from then on.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Hi,
What you shared with us is only a symptom, the first result of an enlightenment experience when you realise you are changed but not one other thing in this world is.

After that you will encounter opposition, not only from those yet to awaken but also from those who believe themselves to be. This too is normal in our western culture where unbalanced ego is the driving force for everything done.

Your task now is that of a Seed Planter. You are only responsible for planting the seed, and that is where your responsibility ends my friend. We do not have a right to water those seeds or to insure that they grow... to attempt to is forcing our intent onto others who are not yet ready to bloom, which will sour the "soil" against you.

Apart from this your secondary task, aligned with the first,is in Shining your Light in the world for others to see. This attracts those who notice it, and in some small way begins their own journey... planting those seeds again. You will also find people come to you, seeking experience and you may show them how you reached this point.

More importantly, since you will not be a Teacher.. unless the ego is unbalanced... you can be a teacher who shows others how to access their own Teacher within. Notice the differences there?

I must say here that an initial enlightenment experience, the Oneness scenario followed by your own ability to open into higher awareness at will.. or shut it down... is just that, an Initial experience. It begins the process of your own reconnection with the higher-self you are, which will lead to reintegration with it.

You will still be being a human being, seen as crazy to most, a threat to some and a helper to a few. Your enlightenment is not a trophy, so you will not always be enlightened, which is against the Belief-system we hold relating to what Enlightenment is.

You will be tested over and over as you learn how to handle the two major aspects of becoming more enlightened, the Responsibility to use what you do and know for the betterment of humanity by sharing with those who seek and ask you, and, the Power that you can now tap into at will from within your Self.

Personally I think the last one is the more difficult to find suitable uses in our modern world without seeming like an egotistical show-off. You can use it to empower others, to warm them when freezing, to gain an old concept called Authority which allows one to interact with all physical things at an atomic level in order to have it do what you intend for it. This is what many misunderstand as magic.. terrible word that one, lol.

Please do not seek to find recognition in the world for your experience, that will lead further down the unbalanced path and arise with new problems to face.

I'll finish this with a quote to consider...

“We priests must live in two worlds, the world of form and the otherworld of force, for true enlightenment lies balanced between them. Let our goal therefore be: To live and thrive amid form and force, being in the world but not of it.” - St. Cornneille , ‘ The Yellow Book of Ferns’.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I know and I hear you loud and clear. Its the ego that gets frustrated wishing everyone would wake up. But also out of compassion and love for complete strangers. God and enlightenment are real. We are all here to get enlightenment and re-Union with God and then we're free.

...free from the world's BS that is implemented on us daily, free from worries, from anxiety, free from the system.matrix, and yet there is soooo few of us.

_____
To Disobey,
I cannot speak for your path. I can only say for my own sake I did Bible study for 14 months, got baptized, and meditated intensely for years. This lead to a vast array of enlightenments one after another accumulating towards complete ego death (well at least daily multiple glimpses of this) where the only thing left is God's omnipresence, Oneness. From then on I was a Christian mystic, even the dogmatic church members kicked me out and called me a heretic because I was experiencing things they only read about. (something that happens to most direct experiencers in any path)

This showed me the truth in gnosticsm, taoism, and other paths have inherent hidden truth that can only be unlocked ad known through direct experience of that. Everything else is just reading and conceptualizing about what could be.

All I can say is seek God, seek enlightenment, read, learn, meditate, pray, be free from mental constructs, opinions, likes/dislikes, go beyond thought, beyond the mind, transcend, become master of self standing victorious over all bad habits and addictions. Inquire into yourself, who are you, what is real, where are you, what is mind? Study the masters......

But the odds are against you. Most fall away quickly only window shopping, some actually go in the store and examine closer, a lesser percent buy an item, and the smallest percent you can think of get to meet the shop owner.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Enlightenment... so be it.

I want to find a person of enlightenment who is not found in a temple. That would thoroughly impress me.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by djr33222]

[edit on 23-7-2009 by djr33222]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I am having a similar experience as well.

As I reach what I refer to as stages of 'enlightenment' or 'ascension'...I find it more and more difficult to relate to those around me.
Granted, as a child I apparently had a higher awareness already and so I've had plenty of practice not being able to really relate to people.
I find that I must 'come down' in order to go along with the norm.

Now, I'm not meaning to sound like I'm complaining. I'm really not. All of this was expected...and I'm grateful for all of it. It gives me a chance to further myself even more...as long as I continue to realize that that's what it's for.
But it truly is difficult.

And I've had to learn the hard way just over the past couple of weeks to not 'water the seeds.' I had a friend in which I 'planted the seed' of such things. He went along his way and seemed to be doing fine...but he's been known to have an out-of-whack ego anyway.
And so it fell apart. But perhaps I really did hold his hand through too much of it...sadly, he got used to it and I couldn't find a way to wean him properly before he blew up and ran off pouting.

It's sad sometimes. And it deeply hurts.
But...
The sky is the sky
and people are people,
anywhere you go.

For me, I keep my head up the best I can, trying to not let others get me down in such a way. I try to reconnect and balance often (sometimes I find myself doing it many times throughout a day).
All I know is, is that I'm where I need to be.
Those around me are also where they need to be.

Things anywhere are where they need to be.....I feel this but I still haven't been able to accept it.
What I mean is all the evil. And, yeah, I know good and evil are subjective. But I see the underlying resonances...there is objective good and evil as well. There's a subjective and objective side to anything. There is a metaphor and a literalness to anything.
And this dichotomy tends to give me a headache...
but that, more or less, sums up where I am.

Man, I really hope something I've said here helps.

Take care, all.

[edit on 23/7/09 by onenotsaved]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Well I think everybody has a different path to walk on this world -

You may think others are "sleepwalking" but they are actually fullfiling their task- their destiny. Therefore they have a purpose.

Every "piece is essential in the big puzzle" .
And shouldn't be looked down on.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
When one is enlightened, it is realized that there are no "others."

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ansiroth

While this is a correct assumption, try living in our western culture, work, parent and all the other normal things, then see that while you may know this, very, very few others can live it along with you. Hence we still perceive "others", albeit as equal, and separated only through actions, choices and beliefs.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Tayesin, amazing post. Kudos.

Two things I would like to reiterate out of those comments. One, radiate the light you want the others to feel. Eventually, they start coming around with questions when they see how you are. Two, never stop planting seeds. Indeed don't go past that step as to infringe on their free will. However, if you tell ten thousand people what you know, and one picks it up and runs with it, it is 100% worth it as helping one is helping the whole.

The real reason I wanted to post is to give you a metaphor that has helped me greatly. I understand what it is like to be awakening and the rest of the world to be asleep.

Imagine that spirituality is comparable to the human cycle of life. Right now, those awakening such as ourselves are making the move from spiritual adolesence to spiritual adulthood. The vast majority of the population is still in the stage of spiritual infancy. So when I go through my daily actions and things that used to frustrate me present themselves, I simply look at the people behind the action as babies. I could never give anything but unconditional love to a baby and these people need the exact same thing.

I have to say it has worked tremendously and helped me discover what unconditional love truly is.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ansiroth

yeah thats true, but there is a shifting in and out of this reality, at least so far. And it sux that the "no others" don't know.

new topics

top topics

join