It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the subtle things you should worry about!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
A professor gets arrested for asking questions at his own home when officers show up to a report of a break in at a a home. Subtle stories like this make the general population think twice about questioning authority. Before long it becomes the norm.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

For the record I am white, even I recognized this person from TV and the media over the years.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I looked at the picture posted, their is a black cop there too!

Darn, their all in on it! The black cop is even against black people!

I also like the nice touch of "when a white police sergeant shows up".

Oh no, a white sergeant, clear cut racism! Outright!

I'm pretty sure if it was a white or dare I say asian, and the same incident happened. Then it would of been labeled, under comedy, or something else, it wouldn't of turned into a big deal.

It would've been "Professor mistaken for burglar!"

Instead it's "BLACK Professor Racially Profiled as A Burglar!"

I think the racial gap would be much lower, if we'd see each other as equal.

i've had my run ins with police, who have singled me out for being young (under 30) I am white. Should I go around call them Agist! Atrocities to society for singling out the youth!

Amid the indignation over Gates' case, a few people pointed out that he may have violated the cardinal rule of avoiding arrest: Do not antagonize the cops.

The police report said that Gates yelled at the officer, refused to calm down and behaved in a "tumultuous" manner. Gates said he simply asked for the officer's identification, followed him into his porch when the information was not forthcoming, and was arrested for no reason. But something about being asked to prove that you live in your own home clearly struck a nerve — both for Gates and his defenders.

Okay, so we know why the police got alittle hasty now.

You start yelling at cops and irate, of course things aren't going to go over to well, but it could just be because all white people are racist, and we wake up every day thinking how we can bring the black man down!

He got upset about being questioned if it was his house, well any sane person would say 'I understand your quiry and here is the evidence". A particular individual who is looking for a fight would say "I don't need to show you anything, this is my house and that's that".

I'm not sure exactly if that's what he said, but I wasn't there......but i've gone to long in this post
and will digress.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I agree with you.

There is no reason to throw a temper-tantrum when you are caught trying to break into your own home. Then when the cops ask for identification you show them a Harvard School Id.

It just doesn't work like that. You need to show your drivers license that has proof of residency.

People are so quick to throw out the race card when things are clearly their own fault. Oh well such is life.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Don't F with the Police. The Harvard baby started getting all ''you racist'' and ''yo mamma'' with the Officer. You don't do that. Ever watch Real Cops. They slap the cuffs on when you back talk. It's real. You must respect their authority. You can't interfere with Police work and you must do what they tell you to do even if that is ''stop talking''. The Black Police officer looks embarrassed by the Harvard fool like he is thinking ''Brother man, you need to shut the f up and stop acting like a menace to society.'' You wait and see what Harvard does a few weeks from now when this is out of the media. They'll slap him down.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
You're right. These stories are played up to intimidate the public. To rationalize invasion of privacy as something that has to be accepted. Same thing they did with Katrina preventing people from defending their homes. Some events are emphasized just to traumatize and psych people out.

new topics

top topics

join