It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Cambridge Police acted stupidly". What??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This thread is going off topic. We are discussing Gates, when Obama is the subject.

Obama made a bad decision when he tried to make this a racial issue. His comments about racial profiling were way out of line, as was his lame joke about 'getting shot'. Attitudes like his are the reason that racism continues to live on in this country.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

case closed! the neighbor made the mistake not knowing the prof. was trying to get into his own house. (some neighbor) the prof. made the mistake of trying to break in his own house not thinking hmm this might look suspcious and then when the cops showed up, it obviosuly pissed the prof. off he was being arrested for trying to get in his own house so he became belligerant and was arrested.. no racism here. simple misunderstanding.. and u right, when his hardvard credibility failed to generate any "credit" he played the race card and now hes goin all out cause hes got nowheres else to go.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Yep that is all it is...more excuses to bash Obama.

If I were busted by the police for breaking into my own home...even after I'd shown them ample proof of who I was and that I lived there...I too would be furious.

The cop should have approached Mr. Gates, asked what he was doing and when he showed his ID and proof that it was his house, that should have been the end of the story period...he should have replied thank you Mr. Gates, sorry to have bothered you. End of story.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Heres the police report police report

The man was in his own home by the time the cop arrived. The cop talked him into exiting the home and thats the only reason he was allowed to arrest the professor. Once the proffesor stepped outside he lost his rights due to being in public.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The cop talked him into exiting the home and thats the only reason he was allowed to arrest the professor. Once the proffesor stepped outside he lost his rights due to being in public.

Bullcrap. It makes no difference where Gates was in order for him to be arrested.

It is interesting that the door Gates was forcing open - the door that led to the initial 911 call - was damaged from a previous break-in atempt.

Obama owes LEO everywhere an apology. Gates owes Crowley an apology.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This topic is being disccused HERE (which is fine - diff forums), but PLEASE read the police report!!

POLICE REPORT

The arrest was justitified and the President needs to keep his mouth shut on things he knows nothing of!

[edit on July 23rd 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Was placed undr arrest at //// Ware street, after being observed exhibiting loud and tumultuous behavior, In a public place, directed at a uniformed police officer who was present investigating a report of a crime in progress.

The only reason that phrase is used in the report is because that was his crime for doing it in public.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Well then you would think that a Harvard professor and "America's pre-eminent black scholar" would know such a simple fact as this, wouldn't you?

And you would further think that he would avoid any behavior that would get him charged with such a misdemeanor, wouldn't you?

Stupid professor!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by JBA2848

Well then you would think that a Harvard professor and "America's pre-eminent black scholar" would know such a simple fact as this, wouldn't you?

And you would further think that he would avoid any behavior that would get him charged with such a misdemeanor, wouldn't you?

Stupid professor!

You would but sounds like he got hot and wasn't thinkiing straight.
The cop was thinking and is trained to do so even if he is losing his temper by being called a racist. He simply used his training to show his athority and find a way to legally arrest the person who was making him angry. Common among police officers.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
hi everyone,,,

we still dont know all the facts but I think the he over reacted MAJORLY,,this all could of been settled in a few minutes,,!!!

I think he was VERY rude and possibly vulgur towards the officer...

wasnt he refusing to show ID at first???,,oh great now,,,lets escalate this...

I remember when I was with my dad some years back and he got a flat tire...while changing it,, a officer pulled up to offer assitance,,,and also asked for his DL,,,,(protocol),,,

couple years back ,,a friend of mine gave me a ride home from work and got pulled over for doing 37 in a 30 mph zone,,,
they asked fo my ID as well,,,was that racist??
NO!!!!

now a black person could call this racism if he was in this circumstance and wanted to play the race card BS game...

This cop went there and the professor immmediatly sarted acting like an ass....

maybe both parties are at fault but the professor instigated it,,,

yes,he has a right to act like ass in his own home,,,but if he crosses a certain line in which he did,,,refusing to show ID at first and him being vulgur..

Sharpton smelled this and couldnt get on a plane fast enuff to get there,,,,just like in the DUKE case..

As noted:
The cop went there on a report of a break in,,,this coulda been cleared up in a 2 minutes,,,
commom scense tells me the cop wasnt harassing him in the least!!!

People who play the race card game make me sick!!!

hopefully more details will be brought out,,,
If Im wronge I will apologize with my heart,,,

I am Korean so Im an in-between,,

ya know,,even if everybody was the same color that wouldnt solve anything!!!
Look at outher countries who slaughter eachother,,,ww2,,,etc,,,,

usually I stick to fun topics but sometimes speak what I see in my heart....

huggs every,,,

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The arrest was justified? Again we have another witness here. There is yet to be made public a statement from Gates. I would be interested in knowing what any real witnesses have to say.

I know police procedure...and from his own statement a case can be made that he acted improperly.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I just heard this,,,,

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Hi,,I just had to edit this,,,MSN has ways of changing the news articles,,,

Obama realizes this whole ordeal is nutts,,,asked both of them to have a beer with him at the whitehouse,,,

I have a big heart ,,so this might not be a bad idea....

people who play on the race card game destory any and all progress for us bettering ourselves!!

[edit on 24-7-2009 by amyfriend]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

And you immediately scream about how black you are instead of thanking him...?

Would you agree that this is why he was arrested?

No, that is not the correct procedure. The police have to clear the scene. Many scenarios could be playing out behind a closed door. A restraining order could be in effect that had been violated.

They don't just say "sorry" and walk away. Not responsible cops.

The police are not able to lawfully enter a home without a warrant or exigent circumstances. They were called to the scene to investigate a Breaking and Entering, upon discovering this was not the case the officer should have apologized and walked away. They are not lawfully able to arbitrarily search the house for a restraining order violation as you stated

[edit on 24-7-2009 by harvib]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by amyfriend

The one striking thing about these reports is the fact that the officer did not share his name and badge # the first time it was requested. Police are required to do so the first time they are asked.

The cop should have complied with the request then left the property no matter what was being said to him. Gates had not broken any laws.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
The one striking thing about these reports is the fact that the officer did not share his name and badge # the first time it was requested. Police are required to do so the first time they are asked.

The cop should have complied with the request then left the property no matter what was being said to him. Gates had not broken any laws.

If you read the police report, on the second page, first paragraph, the police officer said he identified himself as "Sgt Crowley of the Cambridge Police".

In the second paragraph, when Gates asks for his name and badge number, he said he began to give it to him, but Gates kept shouting him down.

Gates broke the law when he was being disorderly to a police officer that was just doing his job.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
When asked his opinion about Skip Gates being arrested in Cambridge, MA., Barack Obama said that "The Cambridge Police acted stupidly"!!!

Wow! What an idiot. Gates is a friend of Barry, but still, Obama doesn't know the facts of the incident.

He would have been much better off just saying "I don't know all the facts of this unfortunate incident".

What a maroon!

So Barry is a moron for saying the actions of the police officer were carried out stupidly? Well then what do you call all of the officers I am hearing on the radio demand he appologize for calling the cops stupid. "He needs to appologize because Cambridge cops are not stupid. In fact he needs to appologize to all officers of the law for calling them stupid."

What????????????????

He said "acted stupidly." He did not call anyone stupid and yet, that is what they think he said. They had all the facts of the case; his sentence. Yet still, they got it wrong and think he called them stupid. What a bunch of morons!

Oh yeah, and please feel free to share with me all the facts of the case that make his actions NOT seem stupid. The charges were dropped weren't they? Did they drop the charges because the cop did such a great and intelligent thing?

[edit on 24-7-2009 by imsuchaniceguy]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

If Gates had received the officers name the first time I doubt that he would have asked for it a second time which the officer accuses Gates of doing.

For some reason I doubt that Gates an academic would have used the words "your mamma".

I find it believable that the president of the United States has a pretty good idea as to what really happened.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I swear, this is really me typing this...

Obama couldnt have been wronger...In this case, the officer WAS CORRECT.

Its still me....Really, talking about dropping the presidential ball....

No offense, but people of color have to get over their race and instead of spewing, black man this, and that, they should just take their lumps like anyone else.

If the professor was so smart
he should have called the police station and told them he had to break into his own home.
I'm NOT a college professor, and i did call them once, when i lost my house keys.
Go figure!!!!!

And i'm not Black.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

In this case, the officer WAS CORRECT.

Correct in doing what? The arrest? Why was it correct?

If the professor was so smart he should have called the police station and told them he had to break into his own home.

He was not charged for breaking and entering. He was arrested because he didn't use his First Amendment "Rights" the way the cops would have wanted him too.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I swear, this is really me typing this...

Obama couldnt have been wronger...In this case, the officer WAS CORRECT.

Its still me....Really, talking about dropping the presidential ball....

No offense, but people of color have to get over their race and instead of spewing, black man this, and that, they should just take their lumps like anyone else.

If the professor was so smart
he should have called the police station and told them he had to break into his own home.
I'm NOT a college professor, and i did call them once, when i lost my house keys.
Go figure!!!!!

And i'm not Black.

Do you even know any facts of this case? He did not break into his home. He went in through the back. He presented ID to the officer proving it was his home that he was in. Then........things escalated. Why was the officer sticking around after he proved who he was and that he lived there?

You could not be "wronger" mostly because that is not even a word but also because you do not call the police to tell them you have to break into your own home when you go in through the back. Where is that written? Why was the cop hanging around? What else did he want? Why was he even there long enough for anyone to act out of sorts? Why were the charges dropped if you and this policeman are so right? Do they always drop the charges when the police got it right?

p.s. when you are trying to explain how wrong someone is and act like you have all the facts, try not to make up English words. It makes you sound ignorant.

Mod note. It is not a requirement of ATS that typos and incorrect spelling be corrected. Please stick to the topic.

[edit on 24/7/09 by masqua]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join