It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Cambridge Police acted stupidly". What??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
When asked his opinion about Skip Gates being arrested in Cambridge, MA., Barack Obama said that "The Cambridge Police acted stupidly"!!!

Wow! What an idiot. Gates is a friend of Barry, but still, Obama doesn't know the facts of the incident.

He would have been much better off just saying "I don't know all the facts of this unfortunate incident".

What a maroon!

[edit on 22-7-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
He would have been much better off just saying "I don't know all the facts of this unfortunate incident".

I just saw this on BBC, and that's exactly what he did say.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86

I just saw this on BBC, and that's exactly what he did say.

Are you denying that he said they acted stupidly?

Because that is exactly what he said.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
He said the man showed his id and proved he lived in the house. The cop then arrested the man for disorderly conduct for being upset at being accused of being a burgular trying to rob the house. They did act stupidly.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I knew it was just a matter of time before somebody mentioned this.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I don't know, but if someone called the cops on me because I was putting my shoulder to the front door, I'd be glad they showed up.

I certainly wouldn't get upset. That's illogical.

And Gates was never accused of burglary; stop embellishing the story.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

When asked his opinion about Skip Gates being arrested in Cambridge, MA., Barack Obama said that "The Cambridge Police acted stupidly"!!!

Wow! What an idiot. Gates is a friend of Barry, but still, Obama doesn't know the facts of the incident.

Wait, you're defending the cops who arrested a man, who did absolutely nothing wrong, in his own house?

Or are you just looking for another reason to call Obama an idiot?

Please, this is getting pathetic.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Just to clear up what he said.

I`m sure the neighbour who phoned in the burglary is feeling conflicted .
In the course of `looking out` for the Prof. they got him arrested .
They will laugh it off over a sherry no doubt, at the next home owners meeting.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Wait, you're defending the cops who arrested a man, who did absolutely nothing wrong, in his own house?

Gates acted immaturely and disrepectfully.

He tried to play his Hahvahd Professa card, and when that didn't work, he tried the old standard fallback trick: the race card.

He was arrested for disorderly conduct because he was screaming like a banshee.

He deserved to be arrested.

But of course, it is no surprise that Obama said that. After all, he hung out with and had his career launched by cop killer Bill Ayers.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Professor Gates may have over reacted and was looking to stir up commotion? Don't get me wrong, I would have been a little upset by the sight of policemen on my doorstep just because I was locked out of my home and people in the neighbor thought I was trying to rob the place by shimming my way in, but I wouldn't have lost my cool and told the policethe reality of what happened. A man with his intellectual prowess should have acted a little more temperate, and at the very least; filed a complaint with the police department after the fact if he deemed the investigating officer's actions unwarranted. However, he chose to lose his cool and unfortunately got cuffed and taken to the precinct house for being uncooperative.

I think with showing his university accreditation and personal identification, his unfortunate fiasco could have been avoided. Personally, I thought he was blowing the incident out of proportion and trying to get attention. In my opinion, I think it was a misunderstanding by the officers involved and escalated into alleged racial discrimination by Mr. Gates and not the officers. In reality this case was a regular B and E call nothing more nothing less but turned into controversy.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Were you a witness to this incident? Do you have a transcript of an interview or maybe the police report?

Didn't think so.

Now given your last two threads that I have seen you start on Obama would you say his bad pitch is a bigger presidential crime than his calling someone stupid?

Just trying to see if your hatred has any degrees.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
jsobecky I agree with everything that you said. I think that you are absolutely correct.

Stars for your posts.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 24-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure I can scream my head off inside my own home and it's not a problem until a neighbor calls in a complaint.

Where I live I can scream as loud and as long as I want until 11pm, what time was it when this happened?

But obviously with an opinion like that I'm a crazy Obama supporter. Except I didn't vote for him and I despise him...

Vas

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

I'm pretty sure I can scream my head off inside my own home and it's not a problem until a neighbor calls in a complaint.

Where I live I can scream as loud and as long as I want until 11pm, what time was it when this happened?

But obviously with an opinion like that I'm a crazy Obama supporter. Except I didn't vote for him and I despise him...

Vas

He was not inside his own home. He was locked out of his house and was trying to break into his own house. Rather than call a locksmith like a Professor should have the common sense to do he tried to do a B & E.

He attempted to Force Entry into his own home which the neighbor saw and thought someone was breaking in and called the cops.

The cops got there found a dude on the porch trying to break in.

The Professor got mad and screamed at the cops.

The Professor is a reknob.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

It also makes a difference if you're directing your screaming at a police officer who is there to investigate a B&E. I.e., he is there to help you.

And you immediately scream about how black you are instead of thanking him...?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by jsobecky

Now given your last two threads that I have seen you start on Obama would you say his bad pitch is a bigger presidential crime than his calling someone stupid?

Oh, you mean the other thread where your only 'contribution' was where you implied I was a racist?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Please debate the topic and not each other.

Thank you.

gallopinghordes
forum mod

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

IN HIS OWN HOUSE.

Sorry for the caps, but there is no such thing as 'disorderly conduct' when you're in your own house, unless you are attempting to infringe on another person's rights.

To insinuate otherwise is simply ridiculous. The cops in this situation were wrong. They acted stupidly.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

He was not inside his own home. He was locked out of his house and was trying to break into his own house. Rather than call a locksmith like a Professor should have the common sense to do he tried to do a B & E.

He was still on his property. The cops acted out of line. Yes, it was their job to step up and question him.

As soon as he produced his ID they should have offered to assist or walked away. Their right to do anything at that point was revoked, because no crime was being committed. He had every right to scream at them, they were intruding on his property at that point.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

He was still on his property. The cops acted out of line. Yes, it was their job to step up and question him.

As soon as he produced his ID they should have offered to assist or walked away. Their right to do anything at that point was revoked, because no crime was being committed. He had every right to scream at them, they were intruding on his property at that point.

No, that is not the correct procedure. The police have to clear the scene. Many scenarios could be playing out behind a closed door. A restraining order could be in effect that had been violated.

They don't just say "sorry" and walk away. Not responsible cops.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join