It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you really learned since joining ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

Thank you Capsfan8. Im glad you liked this thread. Its my very first and may be my last. I don't know yet.

Im sorry some feel their views are not important. I do not believe the same way on all things either but hey......Im not so smart that I can't learn something. Im actually grateful to those brave enough to voice opinions and tell experiences because I for one am not that brave yet.

Thank you all for responding to this thread even if your response would be considered negative by some.

Respectively, Magantice

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I've learned that wolves post on sheep's clothing, and to take everything here with less than a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Thank you for makeing my day KSPigpen, I read your post and laughted my butt off at monkey prophet and the other names you said. What a hoot. I spit coffee all over my keyboard laughing.

I also agree with you others....ATS has opened our eyes to things we've never heard of before.

Some of it is over my head but I try to grasp it anyway.

Magantice

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Ouch. Can only wonder who that's directed towards.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think it was a C2C youtube video interview with John Lear that brought me here. Than with all of the skepticism against what he said, and many other threads, that I started to doubt many things. Even after recalling my own supposed abduction memories, my thoughts are leaning more towards deception or illusions in some form. So, I guess I've learned not to trust what I see, hear, read and remember. Is this normal?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I've learned that wolves post on sheep's clothing..

Expand on that a little for us, Nventual, please. Are you just saying people are hypocritical or what? Some of us haven't been around very long and would be appreciative of any insight you can give us.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Aleon, Ive seen things I don't trust. My rational mind tells me what I saw was impossible yet I know I saw it.

I do understand where you're coming from. Thats why ATS is so great!!

You can see that you are not alone and learn from others. Thank you for posting. You made me think as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

Please keep this thread on subject, Respectfully, Magantice

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Ok, ok, I'll bite.

When I said that I've learned that there are a lot of paranoid people in this world, I was being 100% honest, because truthfully, that is the biggest thing I've learned here. Sometimes I just want to tell everyone to chill a little! But, with that said, I have to admit that I've even become a little paranoid myself, hehehe. It must be contagious.

I've learned lots of things, but the thing that really stands out to me the most isn't really something that I've learned... more like something I've come to terms with. For some reason, since I've been reading here at ATS (... and I was reading way before I registered... just fyi
) I'm no longer scared of death and that's something that 30+ years of having religion crammed down my throat couldn't do for me. I'm healthy, I'm fairly young, but the thought of dying always scared me. Not now.

Honestly, I've learned more here than I could post about, but I'm glad ATS is here because where I come from, there aren't very many open minded people, but there are plenty here! It's nice to participate in discussion with intelligent individuals who choose to think for themselves and use their brains instead of just believing what they are told to believe. That's the main reason I come here.

[edit on 7/22/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I learned that I am not as smart as I thought I was.Compared to most members here I am borderline mentally retarded.

Seriously though,there are some extremely intelligent members here.Male and female.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

So, I guess I've learned not to trust what I see, hear, read and remember. Is this normal?

I don't know if it's normal, but definitely necessary! More people should be that way.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is a great idea for a thread! I've learned many things here on ATS.
The beauty of it is the versatility for me. I generally like to be in the "know", and read about what others are doing and thinking, but at the same time I like to feel inspired and uplifted.

I can go exploring into threads, take a quick look, and if it's completely contrary to my beliefs, or my "mood du jour," lol, I can exit, and nobody will ever know I've been! Lovely! There seems to be a thread for every occasion!

I have also learned that angry people do not care who they take their anger out on. People can be very cruel and full of hatred. But they can also be encouraging and gracious.

For me it's just a matter of choosing the right topic, and the right OP. I've learned who to avoid, and who to explore. It works for me.
S&F. Great idea.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I came to ATS searching for information on UFO's. (It came up in a google search.) I kept just coming back and reading the posts and before long I joined. I've learned that ats is like a bunch of friends sitting around a table in a local tavern, having a beer and just tossing topics back and forth. Sometimes the topics get heated, and people start yelling, just like they would and a bar, and sometimes they resort to needless name calling because they just can't understand why the other person can't see their point of view. In a bar, this would probably lead to a fight, or at least a shoving match. On ats it costs you points.

I have always questioned authority, or looked at it with skepticsim, but now I question everything.
I have learned that a great many of the people here on ATS are voices, crying in the wilderness, trying to call attention to the abuses of power that are going on in America, as well as other countries around the world.
Thanks for asking.
Don't let this be your last thread. Something tells me you have much to offer.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I've learned that 99% of predictions are false, the government may or may not be trying to kill us all, everything I do may or may not be monitored, but there's nothing I can do about it so I don't dwell on it.

I think it would do good for some people to realize this also.

honestly though, I have learned it's not good to blindly trust your leaders.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Lets see here...What have i learned from ats? Well i think the biggest thing i think i have learned is that there is no end to the human imagination. Thats a good thing no mater how crazy people seem. Funny how we look at children and they can use their imagination to see a face in a cloud and we think its cute but for people who still have this ability of imagination we condemn them as adults.

I have learned that this website is entertaining. It enlightens me, it makes me laugh at times and sometimes it makes me think and puts me to the test of my own knowledge to respond back in rebut of some things. In the end i think it betters me as a person because i get to learn. If i read something i have never heard of and i question it, i take the next step and i investigate it and try to learn as much as i can, before i form my opinion to believe or disbelieve. Thats good for people to do.

I would claim to have learned like so many of you have stated, that there are alot of people on here who are discourteous and rude and try to derail things etc etc. but life taught me that not this forum. They are there in every walk of life including this. If anyone is looking for a place thats fair and nothing bad is ever said to anyone or noone is ever treated badly then once you find that place, be it on the web or in real life, i would appreciate an invite into this place because i think we all long to be there. Good luck with the hunt.

Lastly i would say i have learned that we are all part of a family called man and that no matter if i like everyone in my family,.. well your all still family to me and thats what counts no matter how weird i may think some of you are. I am sure i am just as weird to some of you. We are still all together and not alone

[edit on 22-7-2009 by fizzy1]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Thank you kettlebellysmith,

I don't know how much more I have to offer but I sure have a lot to learn.
I know I enjoy reading weird experiences people have had and I do believe they are speaking from the heart.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
since visiting ATS i have learned that there is alot of bull# propaganda going around;
and WE as TRUTH ACTVISTS need to work harder

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hello all. Well, I learned that there are WAY more versions of reality and ideas than I could have imagined. some people only talk about their religion, or politics, or aliens, or pixies or what have you.
The most crazy stories out there are believed by some people. Tell someone that a ten headed cat with a snake tail lives underwater and you can be sure there will be at least one person out there who will believe you.

So, basically, I learned that it is more difficult to completely understand other people's ideas or beliefs than i originally thought. Some people in here believe the pope is the antichrist, or that the government is out to get them, or that they are some sort of alien-human hybrid.

I just find this site interesting because of the huge variety of ideas, philosophies, and beliefs that clash in here everyday, all hoping to understand the other point of view.
Of course, I also get to find out information in here two days before the media makes a report

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I have learned to question everything. To take nobody's word as absolute truth. That the government is farrrr more corrupted then previously thought. I became much more interested in politics. I've viewed many threads, videos, documentaries, etc ranging from the informative to the completely ludicrous. Ive found Alex Jones and then steadily become annoyed by Alex Jones. I've learned to watch what personal information I make available to the world. How ridiculous the media, tv programming, religion, and politics are. Found new music to listen to and books to read. Met people I can actually relate to and no longer wonder why I cannot tolerate most of the people in my daily life. Or should I say sheeple, lol. And much much more that I can no longer think of cause I really need to go to sleep.

Im fairly certain I found ATS through a link from some para-normal site, and have not since returned, and have not since stopped visiting ATS. I was a lurker for about a year before I joined. I'm actually pretty thankful to have found this site as it has opened my eyes quite a bit to the world. A lot of the information contained within it is very valuable and I like the fact that everything is debated by some very intelligent people so that you get all sides of any given story.

To the people that say ATS is poorly moderated, I do not agree, to me they try their best, there is a lot to moderate here, and its not like mods are getting paid to perform that service, and if they are, please deny my ignorance.

Anyway its my bedtime, so in conclusion, thanks ATS

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I realised that there are a lot of people that will believe anything they read about on rense, or hear on coast to coast

I learnt a lot about different UFO cases, particularly from Internos

I also learnt, quite recently, that if you have a different opinion to somebody who is a hard core conspiracy theorist, then you are;

1 Ignorant
2. Sheeple
3. A hater
4. An Idiot

I also learnt that ATS is a great source for breaking news

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join