It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you really learned since joining ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

Since joing ATS, I've learned that we are One. I've learned that I (my person) is an empath. I've learned that my views of prime creator have little to do with the bible and learned that many of you feel the same way. I've read stories of abductions and visitations and government cover ups that I didnt know existed.
I have learned more about people and their souls. I've learned to Respect others opinions no matter how far out I think they are. Ive learned there are absolutely brilliant people visiting ATS as well as those with serious issues. I've found links to videos I needed to see but didnt know existed.
I suspect every government agency with the ability to hack us has done so.

To all of you I wish to say thank you for your contributions that have taught me so much. A special thank you to 12m8keall2c for step by step helping this old soul get her avitar made.

The reason for this thread is to find out what exactly ATS has done for you.

Respectfully, Magantice

avitar original artwork done by DaleZiemianski

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Magantice]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

ATS has helped me to learn that my belief in God was just as crazy as believing in Aliens, or the moon landing being a hoax, or that I am a special person like and Indigo or Star Person.

So I had to toss out my religion because there was no real proof to support it.

+8 more 
link   
It's taught me that, even if you join a community of people that are self described free thinkers, there exists an amazing proportion of sheeple. Swine flu anyone?

It's also taught me that, people with lower IQ's, no actual evidence, and any logic and reasoning behind their points - will work feverishly to troll any thread that they disagree with. Hurling pointless comments and inane talking points in attempts to derail actual discussion and debate.

I've also learned that people only want to be spoon fed, and they will quickly take 2% of your multiple page post, to smash apart the other 98% because they have absolutely nothing better to do.

Other than that, not much.

link   
The first conspiracy I learned of, was MKUltra, I'm no longer intrigued by it, but it eventually led me to ats, but years later, when hearing about 2012, then came to ats.

Then became a contrarian

The only thing mainly that has changed in me, is political paradigm.

Could've been by the members, and you know who you are, who bashed me with information and movies.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I've learnt that there are a lot of people who refuse to respect other people's opinions.

I've learnt that there are some serious nut-jobs out there, who like to post fantastical threads.

Most of all i've learnt......erm......i'll get back to you on that!

Okay, seriously, there are some good intelligent people on this site and you can have discussions with them.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Wow, bad day?

Cheer up mate, it's not all bad

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

ATS has helped me to learn that my belief in God was just as crazy as believing in Aliens, or the moon landing being a hoax, or that I am a special person like and Indigo or Star Person.

I think it can be argued that there's far more evidence of ET's than god.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've learned that I have to meet way too many requirements to be a productive member of this forum and perhaps I should just go back to lurking instead of actually participating. The people who run this board are fascists!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

What have you really learned since joining ATS?

That there are a lot of paranoid people in this world.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Until ATS, I never realized that scores of aliens had been types and identified by species.

Not only that, I never knew that vampires, zombies, and various critters existed outside of science fiction, and in fact are the bane of humanity.

I already had a pretty good idea that a lot of pantywaists existed in Western culture, but thanks to ATS, my suspicions were confirmed.

It's been a real eye-opener.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
i've learned that i am not alone.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Originally posted by grapesofraft

I second that notion.

Strongly believe it.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by king9072

Wow, bad day?

Cheer up mate, it's not all bad

Get the same response from any day. It's ridiculous seeing the marginal behavior that is crushed with an iron fist. Yet the mods and admins let trolls derail threads 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Then they wonder why threads get out of hand, like it's a big shocker or something. So they come in and do damage control after. If they were just there to begin with, the issue would never get out of hand.

People could then actually continue a debate past page 2, and people who weren't willing to put together coherent conversations wouldn't be conversing.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

I believe the evidence for God and ET's is about the same. Eyewitness testimony that cant be supported and crazy pictures and youboob videos of clouds or things in the sky that people imagine them to be something they are not as long as it supports their magical thinking.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have learned alot about politics from very well read members..bits about little known ufo cases...that alot of people in the World have WAY out there ideas and lots of people agree with them.Reptilians anyone?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I have learned that anything anyone says be it in the political, paranormal, religious, UFO, etc. realm; there will be some morons that will
not question, not investigate but believe the most outlandish tales imaginable. Then call you names when you question their beliefs.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

No you are not alone in anything. There is someone out there who understands you.

Thank you for these wonderful replys to my very first thread. Please keep these answers comeing.
Magantice

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I've learned that there are some folks who are wide awake and realize that all is not what it seems.

Wade through the lumps of coal who show up and you can find many gems and rhinestones 'in the rough'. Every so often I come across a precious gem already polished and dazzling.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Oh yeah and I also learned that there are people who have so much free time and imagination that they can scan over pics and videos of the moon and mars until rocks and craters start looking like alien civilizations, skulls, wrenches, etc.. Then when you point out to them that it is just a rock or a crater they get really mad at you.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've learned a lot actually! There are people who post here who actually can send you in the right direction to solve a problem in your personal life, including legal issues. I've learned that often on ATS we behave like we do on the highway when we show road rage. I've learned that there are hurting people here just like in 'real life', and that if you stop looking at your SELF for a few minutes and see their pain, you can give them at least a bit of relief from their pain. I've learned that if I am open about my failures, that it (surprising to me!) has led to others admitting theirs, and ALL of us trying to do better towards each other.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join