It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Insurrection (read this asap)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
something you've probably never heard of and yet almost a dozen people were arrested for writing this booklet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f9cd728375c.jpg[/atsimg]

The book, newly released in America by Semiotext(e) is a wonderful little translation of the French Text which has taken Europe by storm.

Here is Semiotext(e)'s description:

"The Coming Insurrection is an eloquent call to arms arising from the recent waves of social contestation in France and Europe. Written by the anonymous Invisible Committee in the vein of Guy Debord—and with comparable elegance—it has been proclaimed a manual for terrorism by the French government (who recently arrested its alleged authors). One of its members more adequately described the group as "the name given to a collective voice bent on denouncing contemporary cynicism and reality." The Coming Insurrection is a strategic prescription for an emergent war-machine to "spread anarchy and live communism

Written in the wake of the riots that erupted throughout the Paris suburbs in the fall of 2005 and presaging more recent riots and general strikes in France and Greece, The Coming Insurrection articulates a rejection of the official Left and its reformist agenda, aligning itself instead with the younger, wilder forms of resistance that have emerged in Europe around recent struggles against immigration control and the "war on terror."

Hot-wired to the movement of '77 in Italy, its preferred historical reference point, The Coming Insurrection formulates an ethics that takes as its starting point theft, sabotage, the refusal to work, and the elaboration of collective, self-organized forms-of-life. It is a philosophical statement that addresses the growing number of those—in France, in the United States, and elsewhere—who refuse the idea that theory, politics, and life are separate realms."

What is interesting, aside from the book itself, is the strange attention it has gained. Just yesterday Conservative TV host, Glenn Beck, went on an invective against the book and the 'violent ultra-left'. The book also gained attention from the New York Times because of the un-permitted release party thrown for it at a Barnes and Nobles in Manhattan.

For those interested in reading the book and discussing it, it is available in Milwaukee from two sources. The Burnt Bookmobile Collective distributes the book and the Cream City Collectives distributes free zine-formats of the text. People have also expressed interest in a dinner party to discuss the book after more folks have had a chance to read it.

Glenn Beck on 'The Coming Insurrection':

Information about the Tarnac 9, Nine people arrested in france for being suspected of having written 'The Coming Insurrection':

tarnac9.wordpress.com...

NY Times coverage of the book's 'release party':

www.nytimes.com...

The Burnt Bookmobile:

burntbookmobile.wordpress.com...

The Cream City Collectives is located at 732 e. Clarke street in Milwaukee's Riverwest neighborhood.

milwaukee.indymedia.org...

Full PDF's for download
zinelibrary.info...

This has been discussed on ATS (here) however I felt it deserved a spot in the education & media category.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Awesome once again Warren Home Run.
S & F

Now I'll have to read up and reply with a more informed view in a bit.

Great thread.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by warrenb

Awesome once again Warren Home Run.
S & F

Now I'll have to read up and reply with a more informed view in a bit.

Great thread.

I totally concur! Don't want this thread to slip into anonymity. Is the book in stores now? Or do I have to buy it online?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This book is interesting. What if it is just propaganda from TPTB? I would like to learn more.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Buy it here
$12.95/£9.95
mitpress.mit.edu...

or

Full PDF's for download
zinelibrary.info...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
be like Martin Luther King,Be like Gandhi.....lol didnt they all get assassinated ??

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Nice find, I need a little light reading and this sounds interesting . Have you had a chance to check if the alleged authors where in fact arested? , interesting times we are living in .

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This book sounds really, really trashy. I suspect its going to be embraced by every "conspiracy-theorist" around, just because it sounds anti-establishment. If people like Glenn Beck would not be talking about it (=advertising it) nobody could have cared less.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

S+F, Nice find...I love how one of the first things Mr. Beck states is, "This is a dangerous book." Books are dangerous? Watch those paper cuts...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Sounds like something I would have written myself!

(And I was indeed planning to write something similar based on non-violent resistance)
I will definitely check this out, thanks for the post!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I do wonder if GB knows how stupid he sounds sometimes. He equates this book with the propaganda writings that helped create this country.

So, the way I see his rantings, these guys who wrote this are bad, yet they are just like the guys who founded this country? I guess one type of propaganda is good and one bad? I'm not really understanding GB's logic here.

Not unlike the poster above me, I chuckled at the MLK and Gandhi references. "Go start a peaceful revolution and get yourself killed" - sure, GB, whatever you say.

I also love the article, with a picture of the "unruly" crowd(about ten people, standing around) and how the "protest" ended up at Starbucks.

The Latte Revolution?

Sounds like a good read, I'll be checking it out later. If Beck hates it that much, it's probably really good.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Please add to existing discussion

Thread

Closed.

top topics

join