It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Argument For Ancient Technology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
< - - - Duplicate post - - - >

[edit on 7/22/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
< - - - Duplicate Post - - - >

[edit on 7/22/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The problems with the suppression of knowledge from academia is a very difficult topic but one that needs attention and for this star and flag. Examples like the problems Galileo had with the church are boasted as though this no longer happens. Academic history is riddled with examples of a paradigm that discriminates against new ideas not conforming to the accepted model all the way up to the present. This is ,The Blind Eye of Science. Chances are we will not find that which we are not looking for and science is blinded by an egocentric mentality that we are the center of the Universe.

The deifying of other cultures and civilizations as barbarians that sacrifice people in worship of their pagan gods has been the cause of horrific events such as what took place during the 16th century in Mexico. The conquering of Mexico by Spanish Conquistadors and the resulting destruction of thousands of years of culture and astronomical knowledge is but one example. In light of the religious inquisitions and crusades undertaken throughout history all in the name of God I do not see a difference between the accused barbarians and those claiming to be righteous. This is nothing short of the ignorant actions from barbarians that sacrificed a conquered people in the name of a pagan belief. The amount of ignorance in astronomy that Europe had at that time compared to the Maya is staggering and still to this day there is much we do not yet know.

Science has consistently dismissed ideas and ridiculed those presenting them only later to learn that these ideas are in fact true.The thought that rocks fell from space was considered nonsense not long ago and even with contradicting evidence this was not thought of as a threat to Earth until Shoemaker-Levy 9 hit Jupiter. Even now science dismisses the overwhelming evidence collected from comets by their own missions that show what these objects are and instead maintain the old theory that is in fact wrong. I posted some of this evidence in a reply to the thread, A Question on Comets.

Today a problem is growing with archaeologists digging up the remains of Native American ancestors in pursuit of science, Ancient Bones in Trouble. The amount of effort that has been spent to completely destroy the culture of the American peoples is ridiculous and then to add further insult by disrespecting these burial sites is just too much. The potential for understanding has been here all along in the culture and myths of these people but it is continually being dismissed by the egotistical ignorance of science and I don't know if we will ever learn.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
I believe that to find the Truth then all things must be tried, and that we must hold fast to those that prove to be true, not limiting ourselves to biased beliefs, but rather exploring all possibilities, no matter how outlandish they may seem.

This is my religion, if you want to call my system of beliefs a religion for the sake of ease.

You are a very wise person, fraterormus. I am glad to meet someone like you, who holds a very similar system of beliefs to myself, and is interested in the same types of questions as I am, based on our beliefs we have no choice, do we, but to seek the truth?

For me, it eats at me, every day and night, how to fit all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle we call history together into a recognizable image, when there are billions of individual pieces, and we don't have the front of the box to look at for reference.

I seek the truth every day in life, I cut through the bull# like a hot slug through your abdomen. I will never stop trying to find out what is real, and what isn't real, and how the pieces fit together.

That is what has driven me to the idea of Ancient Civilizations and their possibility, or should I say, probability of having been more advanced than we are.

Your posts are very wise, as I have said of you. I would appriciate more of your time devoted to this thread and to compiling evidence of these possible Ancient Technologies which could have been more advanced than us.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Of course there were ancient technology, otherwise there would not be current technology.

We just have to convince the "technologically" adept people of today that just because they're technologically sophisticated it doesn't mean the "technologically" adept people of ancient times are necessarily technologically unsophisticated.

We might have a spanking SHINY lab with the fanciest and cutting edge equipments but without access to a source of electricity , the ancient man can do more anywhere anytime

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Modern Digital media since fall of the berlin wall survives much less well than similar media from earlier eras due to capitalism.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Or "beyond the earth".

More of the terra? That's cute.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Mainstream Archaeology uses their Methods of Tenacity and Methods of Authority, based on the arrogant premise that Technology is linear and that the Technology we have today is superior and what little Technology ancient civilizations had was inferior, while pseudoarchaeologists do the same, using their own Methods of Tenacity and Methods of Authority, based on the premise of Alien Interference, or Lost Continents of Mu/Atlantis/Lemuria, Nationalistic/Chauvinistic Supremacy (such as Aryan Supremacy or the Lost Tribes of Israel), or Religious Beliefs (Christianity is not alone in promoting pseudoarchaeology, but in the West, they are the most pronounced example).

Hmmm I know of no text that holds this to be true since the examples of the dark ages, China and others exists to show that technology doesn't move in a linear method. It has dips, halts, and occasional full stops. With some technology being reinvented at a much later date.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Speaking of ancient technology. Anyone can lighten up how the pyramid builders were able to see inside the pyramid?.. Torches and fire are excluded first hand.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jeit78

No one was intended to enter the pyramid after entering, and much of the work on the interior was done while the pyramids were being constructed.

www.world-mysteries.com...

there's also a fair amount of evidence of soot for places where they did need it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Very interesting. S&F. I believe much as you do. But as i am sure you are aware as King Solomon stated...There is nothing new under the sun. I personally find it amazing that someone can find a piece of pottery and come to a conclusion about what happened in a society thousands of years ago. There has been more information lost than information being learned. Like one of the poster's wrote about the Library of Alexandria. It was filled with thousands of scrolls. One that was presumably found spoke of a water clock. Someone speculated that there had to be someone such as Davinci thousands of years ago. There was. Archimedes was one. He is thought by some to be the greatest mathematician who ever lived. He built war machines. I believe that people over look India's ancient past to often. Anyways great thread and keep them coming.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Wet sand is technology?

I think the OP is saying that just because a civilization does not possess the scientific understanding of how or why a technology works, does not mean they cannot find a way to make use of that technology.

They may not have understood how the copper wire and the magnets transmitted sound, but they found that it DID, and used it. Ditto for the use of concrete in the pyramids, nanoparticles in dyes, and perhaps even batteries. I am not arguing for the veracity of each of these ancient technologies, only stating what I understand the OP's point to be: these should not be dismissed out of hand by a dogmatic belief that "it's just not possible". - Which seems to happen more and more in the scientific community when a new archeological/anthropological discovery falls outside of their established paradigm.

Therefore when signs are discovered that a technology may have existed long before such was thought possible, it should not be dismissed as religious mumbo-jumbo or wishful-thinking silliness, but should instead actually considered as a real possibility.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Hi Frat,

I enjoyed the OP. I've got some reading, or catching up to do. Very interesting, and I saw phage in to express the views of modern science.

My take on it concurs with Yours in many regards; however, where I differ is I do lay belief in alien, Lumerian, and/or Atlantian technology once existing. My reasons are to myself self evident due to what appears a very directed, and purposeful covering up, or glazing over what many can see as evident.

My simpleton's analogy of Modern Science? It's a neat, and tidy box. Whatever is "clean" as according to the keeper's of the box, and is of the appropriate size as according to the keeper's of the box, is then allowed to fit in the box. Of course the box is labeled "Official Modern Science"

The opposite is of course true. Anything as reviewed by the keeper's of the box(modern academia/scientists) to not be clean, or fit appropriately in the box is thrown aside, and a label placed on it. The label reads "HOAX".

Now, the nature of this is quite deviant, at least to myself. The modern day professor's, and accredited box keepers do not want, or cannot handle excepting that what they learned may not be the absolute truth. So, they where the "hat" of scholars, and the "hat" of the enlightened, but they shy away, and help conceal the unexplainable.....simply labeling it as a Hoax. Instead, of the bearing the title of truth seeker's, and scholars, the title of fear, and to afraid to really peer down into the rabbit hole, so as to see how far the great depths are, these titles are more appropriate.

The problem with the Internet is a major pain in the side of these modern day "tidy box" People; as the truth is blurting out throughout the Internet.

Well I guess that's about all for my two pesos.

Thanks for the read Frat.

S&F

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

If we think we are the most advanced creation in history, we should stop right there.

What about the construction of the pyramids, the great wall of China, the Colossos of Rhodes etc.

We are definitely not the most advanced and now technology is coming back to bite us on the bum. Do you want see-through walls?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

these should not be dismissed out of hand by a dogmatic belief that "it's just not possible". - Which seems to happen more and more in the scientific community when a new archeological/anthropological discovery falls outside of their established paradigm.

That doesn't actually happen what does happen is the evidence doesn't support the belief.

Please note the continuing expansion and changing of what science knows. In particular observe the finding of the 'Hobbits' certainly out of the box.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yeah look up Jonathan Gray he's the man when is comes to this stuff.

He has this one show I saw called Surprising Discoveries "Lost Secrets of the Ancients"
Where he talks about and shows a bunch of mind blowing stuff like Ancient houses with working hot and cold water, electricity, flush toilets, wallpaper made of gold as thin as paper, modern fine furniture and luxurious carpets.

Airplane blueprints, Ancient bullet holes in skulls, Ancient Nuclear bombings, and a bunch of other stuff.

I downloaded from torrents free & legal because it's not on youtube or any where streaming.

isohunt.com...

Also he's been on coast 2 coast and some of his stuff might be on youtube.

Theres stuff in Egypt that still can't be explained and even the stuff that can be is amazing.

One temple in Egypt When I visited that was full of hieroglyphs, they built it so that only a certain amount of Sunlight gets in, and the bit of sunlight that gets in the temple would light up only certain hieroglyphs in one part that were meant to be studied on, for the time it's lit up, and then the next day the Sunlight would move to another hieroglyph to be studied and so on and it was huge, looked like it would take a few years to study them all.

These guys knew exactly what they were going to build before they lay the first brick/stone down.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by buds84]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Necessity is the mother of invention - Plato; not an American

Awesome thread with some really interesting points

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

He has this one show I saw called Surprising Discoveries "Lost Secrets of the Ancients"
Where he talks about and shows a bunch of mind blowing stuff like Ancient houses with working hot and cold water, electricity, flush toilets, wallpaper made of gold as thin as paper, modern fine furniture and luxurious carpets.

Airplane blueprints, Ancient bullet holes in skulls, Ancient Nuclear bombings, and a bunch of other stuff.

I downloaded from torrents free & legal because it's not on youtube or any where streaming.

A few of these things a select few of the ancients had. The vast majority then and today do not have them. What none of the ancients had AFAWKK are electricity, airplane blueprints, bullets or nukes.

Oh just for clarification I deem the 'ancients' to be up to 770 BC after that you have in the west the Classical world until the fall of Rome

top topics

<< 1   >>

join