It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you help me out..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My aunt is getting these pains goin up the side of her neck, behind the ear, then down the back of her head. It come and goes. The only thing that helps it when she does have the pain, is chewing something. So that takes out TMD. And it isnt any kind of lymph node. If you could help me out that would be great. TY

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

This probably belongs in the Health and Wellness forum on BTS. And to answer your question, she should see a doctor if it persists.

-Dev

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Wow, that isn't much to go on! Her age? Her health? Any complications? It could still be TMJ because chewing tightens the muscles and supports the joint. Could be blood pressure, could be inner ear infection, could be pinched nerve, pulled muscle, stress.

Hope that helps?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
She is 37 and she takes blood thinners. She was in a truck accident a couple years ago. Broke her knees, pelvis, her spine in 2 places. She still has full control of all of her body. I believe she has been Diagnost with TMJ. That was what i first said it was. But she dis agreed so here i am asking you.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Blood thinners, Spine fractures, and TMJ = learn to ignore the pain!

Sorry, but those types of things don't go away completely. She can treat the pain. From my personal experience I suggest a combination of conventional and alternative therapies.

Her doctor can alter the blood thinners, order pain killers, and moniter the TMJ.

Acupuncture and massage can relieve a lot of pain and induce healing.

Exercise and Diet are the cure-all, but they really do go a long way to feeling better. Get her in a water aerobics class, or yoga!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thnx for the help. I told her it was TMJ but she said it normally doesnt cause hher neck to swell.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I would be very careful in suggesting to her just to suck it up. You should be adamant that she see a doctor.

My 2 cents...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
I would be very careful in suggesting to her just to suck it up. You should be adamant that she see a doctor.

My 2 cents...

I totally agree, but I had the impression she was already seeing a doctor for the injuries and blood thinners.

Also:
My Dad had an inflamed saliva gland once that caused this pain and swelling in his neck, face, and ear.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There are numerous things that spring to mind but nothing that i could sit here offering advice on(often very different ails have very similar symptoms).She really needs to see a Doctor and relay her symptoms to them asap.

I hope she's ok soon,it can't be pleasant

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
TMJ isn't ruled out at all. She could have a stuck nerve or ligament causing the TMJ pain but the motion of chewing could be be the relief . The motion could release the trapping.

I suggest get a jaw xray from a doctor. What they do is have her face directly away from the xray machine and let her mouth hang naturally open. Then they shoot and watch jaw angles

-yo

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
wow when i read this it was the like you were writing what i was feeling it is crazy, i get the same thing on the left side of my neck it isn't a serious pain more annoying than anything. The left check sometimes tingles it is wierd....i lift wieghts about 6 days a week so i was thinking it was something to do with that like a pinched nerve but now beleive that it might be an ear ache....i am currently serving in Afghanistan and won't be going back home for another 3 weeks and was going to get it checked out them because the pain isn't that back just annoying....def interested in hearing what people have to say about it though.

top topics

join