It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ludicrous: Matt Taibbi Accused of Being Anti-Semitic for Goldman Sachs Article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Ludicrous: Matt Taibbi Accused of Being Anti-Semitic for Goldman Sachs Article

alternet article

Sample letter: "Isn't it convenient that an Arab-American writer ... looks at Wall Street and picks the most prototypically Jewish firm to demonize."

The most ludicrous of these, and the one that surprised me the most, is the accusation that my article was anti-Semitic propaganda. The first letter I got on this score I actually mistook for a joke sent to me by one of my friends. Then I got another one which I quickly realized was not a joke at all.

several writers complained that my arti
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-7-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

several writers complained that my article was “a rehash of every classic anti-Jewish conspiracy theory” and “a pale copy of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.”

The evidence for these charges seems to be as follows. One, I used the word “tribe” somewhere near the end of the piece. Two, the term “blood-funnel” was used (one person also hinted that the use of a squid image was somehow anti-Semitic, but I was not entirely clear what was being referred to there). Three, I “singled out” Goldman and failed to level similar charges at “less Jewish firms” (yes, one letter-writer actually used that phrase) like Morgan-Stanley.

WoW

Just wow!

You know during the presidential campaign Ron Paul spoke that we should stop sending so much money to israel.
Many in the jewish community and the israeli lobby said that Ron Paul was anti-semitic.

Ron Paul's response to that was "well I also don't want to send money to arab countries so what does that say" lol.

So not wanting to be in debt is anti-semitic?
Ok

Got it!

alternet article
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-7-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have noticed a few things since I started paying attention. The closer you get to the truth, the faster you are marginalized through accusations.

Michael Crichton discussed this in Rising Sun, where the protagonist was labeled as a racist to try to stop his investigation. Old tricks seem to be the best tricks.

I liked Matt Taibbi's article and his videos. Rolling Stone did a great job. I am surprised the RS hasn't seen more fallout from this as well. Perhaps they have and we just haven't seen it.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Maybe the article is Anti-Semetic? Not because it's an actual Anti-Semetic article but because we are being encouraged to think in Anti-Semetic Terms.

Maybe there is a form of reverse phsycology at play where the more we are told not to be something the more inclined we will be to want to be that something?

In this case Anti-Semetic.

For Biblical prophecy to come true the masses do have to be turned against Israel and Jews. What better way to do that than every chance you get, you make it all about the Jews and not being anti-Semetic.

After awhile human nature is please would someone turn off the broken record already.

Here we are in America a country supposedly seperated by Church and State, where a magazine dedicated to Music and Entertainment publishes a probing piece on a prestigious Wall Street Firm and somehow, someway that ends up all about Jews and not being Anti-Semetic?

I think it's time to stop sending money to Israel it clearly does no good, and time to start a "Have you hugged a Jew today?" campaign.

Maybe with enough love and patience and encouragement they can get over this 'It's all about us' and 'everyone is out to get us' mentallity.

It's just so tiring hearing about all this so called prejudice which seems to boil down too "You have to like everything we say or do and to question anything we say or do is wrong, but we get to question everything you say and do and point out what's wrong in it"

These double standards and reverse bigotry are flat out wearing me out!

Which leads me to the question...Have you hugged a Jew today?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think it is more likely that the goal behind the article was to expose, and have you think about, the fascist collusion of business and government. To have you ponder how this sort of collusion and obvious influence affects policy and you as an individual. That calls in to question everything from foreign policy to interstate commerce policy. And while it certainly isn't a comfortable thought how much systemic corruption has permeated the system, the uncomfortable truth should not be an excuse to assume that any criticism is anti-American- as much as it could be extended to anti-Semitism. Both are ridiculous and as childish as they appear.

Attempting to uncover corruption should never be subject to such fear mongering and racial misdirection, indeed, no subject does. There are REAL questions to be asked and NONE of them single out involvement of the Jewish faith, only the manipulation and collusion of a CORPORATION.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think it is about time these anonymous slanders are pinned to the wall and sued.

[edit on 063131p://pm3155 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

I think it is about time these anonymous slanders are pinned to the wall and sued.

[edit on 063131p://pm3155 by masonwatcher]

Be sure to call them zionists and fascists. That'll get them.

[edit on 7/22/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Be sure to call them zionists and fascists. That'll get them.

You think? Perhaps I have touched a few nerves on my travels. I never thought little ol'me would rattle anyone; surely you overstate my contributions.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
what do you guys think of this article:
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
FYI now this
www.truth-out.org...

Still just anti-semitism?

new topics

top topics

join