It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wants To Euthanize Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Obama Wants To Euthanize Americans

we should be very troubled by Section 1233 of H.R. 3200. The section, titled “Advanced Care Planning Consultation” requires senior citizens to meet at least every 5 years with a doctor or nurse practitioner to discuss dying with dignity.

The section requires that they talk to their doctor, not a lawyer, about living wills, durable healthcare powers of attorney, hospice, etc.

Given the progressive intelligentsia already being on the record in favor of euthanizing the elderly, it is no small leap to see where the Democrats are headed with this.

Legally forcing senior citizens to have “death with dignity schedules every few years is just another way to say the government wants to make sure seniors know it is time to commit suicide to save the system money.

And saving any medical system through encouraged deaths of the elderly or unborn is not a medical system worth having. The Hippocratic Oath requires doctors to “do no harm.” That’s meant toward the patient, not the costs to the government.

Article - End of life counseling sessions

Quick question for y'all:
If you have loved one on life support, who has the right to make the decision if and when the decision must be made to pull the plug?
The government, or the family?

I'd like to think it's the family that should have to make this difficult decision, but under Obamacare, Barry will be the one to decide for you.

You ask, can he do this?
Yes he can, yes he can; and he surely will.

Forget about any pre-directives that the individual in question may have signed stating they want the plug pulled.
Forget about allowing the family to decide because we will all eventually experience what Terri Schiavo had to ordeal, whether we are a vegetable or not.

All in the name of dying with dignity thanks to Obama's universal "end of life care".

H.R. 3200

Sec. 1233. ADVANCED CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION.

(b) EXPANSION OF PHYSICIAN QUALITY REPORTING INITIATIVE FOR END OF LIFE CARE.
(1) PHYSICIAN’S QUALITY REPORTING INITIATIVE.—
Section 1848(k)(2) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395w–4(k)(2)) is amended by adding at the end the following new paragraphs:

(3) PHYSICIAN’S QUALITY REPORTING INITIATIVE.—
(A) IN GENERAL.—For purposes of reporting data on quality measures for covered professional services furnished during 2011 and any subsequent year, to the extent that measures are available, the Secretary shall include quality measures on end of life care and advanced care planning that have been adopted or endorsed by a consensus-based organization, if appropriate. Such measures shall measure both the creation of and adherence to orders for life-sustaining treatment.

Hate to be cynical, but with so many baby boomers that already see retirement rapidly approaching and given the current state of the economy, maybe they've got to do something. We don't expect them to pay for medical treatment for us forever, especially if there is no cure for the particular illness.

But I thought under Obama's healthcare plan, no one will ever be sick again.
If his healthcare plan is really so great, why is he already making preparations for people to die with dignity?

So I guess we should all just bend over because Obama wants us to, and I'm sure many of his followers will.
Maybe we should be willing to move along to the next life, in order to spare the younger generation and our country from the burden of supporting us in our elderly years, if in bad health, kinda like "Soylent Green" or "Logan's Run".

OK, I know I shouldn't be selfish, self centered and self absorbed.
Sorry 'bout that, shame on me,
...yes we can end our life with dignity.

Maybe I'll just start walking toward the light now, and maybe you should to.

Yes, we'll walk toward the light together because we no longer have a choice.

Doesn't it feel safe? Doesn't it feel good? Doesn't it make you feel happy?
Doesn't it make you want to sing kumbaya?

Yes, that's it! You got it!
Now, we'll all have a Coke and a smile!

I mean, we'll have a coke and a smile and we'll stfu?
And while we're at it, I'd like to teach the world to sing...

H.R3200:Section 1233 - Ain't Obama's healthcare plan really groovy?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Well that's one way of not having to pay for health care, pensions, housing etc for the aging population.

A big thank you to the baby boomers for their years of service, now please enter the shower room to be cleansed.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That was a really good post. The bad news is the subject.

Walking toward the light with dignity as a brainless, powerless, useless human who needs to be told how to behave, think, feel, die.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
For too many government is some righteous all-loving entity that would never hurt a fly.

For people who study history and pay attention that couldnt be further from the truth.

Not only us death are you not a burden to the system but your death (thanks to the death tax) will prove quite profitable for the government.

Every time an American dies the registers in Washington go "ka-ching."

Hurry up and die already. It'll be printed on the dollar soon enough.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The damned shame of it is, our elderly are about to be classified as "throwaways" if Obama gets his way.

It has been the Democrats who year after year scare the living hell out of the elderly by touting that the Republicans were going to cut Medicare and Medicaid - getting them to vote Democrat.

And now the Democrats are going to throw them over the side.

According to this "healthcare" plan, only the healthy will be served by it.

All others will be tossed to the side, forced to wait, and compelled to die.

BUT with dignity.

That SOB!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Little confused.

You have a ink in blue, there, to the radio station in Milwaukee, and the 'article' on Charlie Sykes' blog...but I don't see the headline of your OP anywhere in the piece you cited?

Did President Obama himself pen this bill? If it's even true...

Here's an excerpt I turned up after a quick search of Charlie Sykes:

Charlie Sykes, Adulterer, Coward, Vindictive Republican shill

Offensive. Cowardly. Immoral.

That describes talk radio show host Charlie Sykes. He’s a pig — an adulterous scumbag who preaches morality with the help of the radio station he works for, AM620WTMJ. He shuts down people who disagree with him and promotes candidates and ideas that he agrees with. He is brutal, vicious and uses his show to spread vitriolic rants that are little more than ads for the Republican party and their candidates.

To understand why Sykes grates on me you have to understand my personality. Honor, integrity and fidelity are key to who I am. There is no greater promise that a man can make to a woman than that promise to love, honor and cherish her for the rest of her days — till death do you part. I understand that differences can occur and marriages can crumble, but there really isn’t an excuse for violating the marital oath through infidelity.

Sexuality and physical drives are something that we as humans all deal with. But what separates us from the animals is our ability to hold our drives in check. Sykes doesn’t understand that....

watchdogmilwaukee.com...

I'd love to see more info on this, if true, and not have to rely on a person like Sykes.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I wonder if he will talk about it tonite in his speech???? NOT...!

Very wrong! Thank you for posting this.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wow talk about being alarmist :shk:

TO be frank having seen kids, adults, elderly flogged and kept alive with technology, there is no harm in making sure someone has specific wishes as to what to do if they are incapacitated. And yes if you want to be kept alive on machines and flogged eventhough you have the brain activity of a carrot, then they will oblige you.

Please show me where the government has the right to pull the plug? However, many HMO's will ask with each admission if the person has an advanced directive on file. That way thier wishes can be respected and not leave the family guessing which way to go.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yes the source for this is less than impressive, but hey it brought out the lapdogs anyway like some sort of pavlovian reaction.

But based on the responces impretty sure most people did not read the actual section but rather salivated errrrrrrr knee jerked out thier responce like good little John Birch foot soilders

[edit on 7/22/09 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
While I want the decision in my family's hands, I am glad to see the other side of this argument brought out in the open.

For years it has been the Healthcare Providers taking extraordinary means to keep people alive and miserable, so they could continue billing Medicare and the Insurance companies.

I have seen it many times! Zombies in Nursing homes wandering around moaning, but still generating $3000 or $4000 a month for that home!

Looking at End Of Life care in a straight forward and honest fashion is a good thing.

Of course, like everything else that slowly erodes our rights, this is a very, very slippery slope! A good thing today may wind up being what kills me in a few years!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The link from the radio station was included because that was the web site that hit me like a ton of bricks.
This then led me to do further reading and investigation. I know nothing of this radio talk show host since I live in Dallas. He may be a "adulterous scumbag" but this has no bearing because the Obama bill should speak for itself.

This is why I included the link to the actual bill and section in question, the one and the same bill on Capital Hill that Obama is in a rush to pass before you even have a chance to read it.

I suggest you forget about the "scumbag" radio host and read the universal End Of Life healthcare bill.
Here it is again

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Hey, getready (and everyone), how are DNR orders and Living Wills any different?

I mean, it's not as if we're going the route of films like Logan's Run or Soylent Green, is it??

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Hey, getready (and everyone), how are DNR orders and Living Wills any different?

I mean, it's not as if we're going the route of films like Logan's Run or Soylent Green, is it??

No, I agree with the need for these counseling sessions.

DNR and Living Wills mostly benefit the patients, and hurt the Healthcare Provider's profit potential, thereby benefitting the Insurance and Medicare companies.

See, it gets murky when money gets involved. I just want these decisions to be based on my health, my families wishes, and the toll it is having on them.

I surely don't want it made the way insurance companies decide who will pay after a car crash!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Give it time.

As it is now there is no way a single-payer system can sustain itself without resorting to Soylent Green measures. The population paying into the system will continue to shrink as it has always done and the population leeching from the system will continue to grow as it has always done.

The administration overseeing the single-payer system will have to deny care to certain segments of the population to maintain the system.

Even at a 100% tax rate with all funds going to nothing but healthcare the system will still eventually bottleneck and fail.

Like with any other governing entity the priorities will start as: themselves, voters, those paying into the system, leeches. As money gets tight they will cease to concern themselves with the voting population by essentially making voting a meaningless endeavor. We're pretty much there now with dynasty politicians, buying the votes of the LCD with asinine campaign promises and allout corruption with business and special interest.

The end result of virtually all governing entities if left in power too long is a form of oligarchy governing over a labor force. Neo-feudalism.

Jefferson wasnt being funny when he said we needed a revolution every 20 years or so. It's necessary to prevent corruption.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I love my grandmother very much, but for the last ten years or so, she has been in and out of the hospital, getting surgery after surgery, seemingly on a quarterly basis. Overall, fairly 'healthy'... it's just that she's old and her body is breaking down.

Obviously, I would love to have her around for a couple more decades. However, everytime I talk to her now, she says she can't stand it anymore - life. She feels like crap all the time and has told me more than a few times that she just wishes it was all over.

At first I was outraged that our government would be 'counseling' the elderly on 'how to die with dignity'. And I still don't think its any of their damn business. But the way things are now, I don't believe my grandmother can die... even if she wants to. I'm not sure, but I think a doctor is required to give her care. Why? Maybe it is time to consider end-of-life choices. Of course it has to be ethical (family involvement, etc).

By the way, I listen to our talk radio in Milwaukee and they are far worse than Limbaugh, Hannity, Reilley, etc.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by mecheng]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

My father (69 yrs old) had a DNR in place when he went into the hospital last June for heart pains. While resting in his hospital bed he went code blue, they rushed in, hooked him up and transferred him to ICU where he languished for 14 days before finally dying while being hooked up to dialysis. So much for the DNR. The hospital had it but we (my sister and his wife and I) didn't think to stop them from trying to resuscitate him in the first place. It was a shocking moment.

My mother (66 yrs. old) spent the last 17 years of her life with internal bleeding that caused her to finally decide to go to hospice where she was given enough morphine to keep her "asleep" until she bled to death.

My step-father (66 yrs. old) suffered from diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure for which he took at least 20 pills a day for over 5 years before his fourth heart attack when he was placed in ICU on machines to keep him alive. When the nurses decided it was time, they spoke to my mom about taking out the tube. She did, he died during the transfer to the "rest home".

Sickness and death is big business. They will try to keep you alive for the insurance charges they can claim. Once the max has been reached, people kept alive by all means, suddenly die.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Why can't they just make a regulation that if a person wants to "end it" just let them do it?

It doesn't make any sense at all to me. Laws keeping people from committing assisted suicide, but now that the government is about to take over health care, it is suddenly going to happen.

The government is the most hypocritical organization on the face of the planet.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Little confused.

You have a ink in blue, there, to the radio station in Milwaukee, and the 'article' on Charlie Sykes' blog...but I don't see the headline of your OP anywhere in the piece you cited?

Did President Obama himself pen this bill? If it's even true...

Here's an excerpt I turned up after a quick search of Charlie Sykes:

Charlie Sykes, Adulterer, Coward, Vindictive Republican shill

Offensive. Cowardly. Immoral.

That describes talk radio show host Charlie Sykes. He’s a pig — an adulterous scumbag who preaches morality with the help of the radio station he works for, AM620WTMJ. He shuts down people who disagree with him and promotes candidates and ideas that he agrees with. He is brutal, vicious and uses his show to spread vitriolic rants that are little more than ads for the Republican party and their candidates.

To understand why Sykes grates on me you have to understand my personality. Honor, integrity and fidelity are key to who I am. There is no greater promise that a man can make to a woman than that promise to love, honor and cherish her for the rest of her days — till death do you part. I understand that differences can occur and marriages can crumble, but there really isn’t an excuse for violating the marital oath through infidelity.

Sexuality and physical drives are something that we as humans all deal with. But what separates us from the animals is our ability to hold our drives in check. Sykes doesn’t understand that....

watchdogmilwaukee.com...

I'd love to see more info on this, if true, and not have to rely on a person like Sykes.

I call deflection attempt on this entire post.

Nowhere does it address the OP. Instead it is nothing more than the usual "attack the messenger" deflection tactic.

And to answer your question, did Obama write this bill? Does it matter if he personally wrote it, had his minions write it, etc. He is personally attempting to railroad this bill through congress. That's way more than enough to add his name to the title of the article and the OP.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Hey weedwacker.

They're different because they are the choice of the individual and not from being hounded into making these decisions by the federal government.

Wait until you get your appointment notice from DHS. wonder how you'll feel about it then?

Soylent Green anyone?

[edit on 7/22/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

That's a major reason I see this as malicious. For the elderly or for anyone who wants to end their lives and have the means to do so they can go ahead and do it. There's nothing stopping anyone from wheeling themselves into traffic or falling off the roof or downing a bunch of sleeping pills and whiskey.

For those who wish to end their lives but do not have the physical ability to do so you should be able to find a physician who will assist you. Laws preventing that are infringements into people's personal liberties.

This notion that more government is needed here is absurd and very suspect.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join