It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps 'Birthers' are hitting a nerve with the Obama Administration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Perhaps they have. I have found no less than three video/articles on MSNBC/CNN that came out TODAY discrediting the people who question Obama's birth. Not only attempting to discredit them but spewing venom. Are TPTB getting nervous about it? What's the deal... for so long no one but "birthers" cared about it. Hmmm... maybe it's getting uncomfortable...

Commentary: Obama birth issue is nutty

The nut jobs that continue to promote this story are wacky, right-wing radio and TV talk shows hosts and no-credibility bloggers. They have latched onto this story like bloodsucking leeches, and actually want us to believe this story has legs.

Obama not born in U.S., doubters insist

President Obama: born in the United States or not? Can you believe we're still having this discussion?

'Birthers' movement - problem for GOP?

"Driving fast to crazy town"

"They believe conspiracy theories like … Reptilian aliens from the planet draco"

"Conspiracy theorists registered republican to sully and discredit democrats"

"They’re wasting time"

"These people will never believe no matter what they’re given"

"Conspiracy theories are for the weak minded"

The last one is the one that I came across first and started a different thread discussing the treatment of anyone who dares question anything the MSM tells them with vile and venom: Are there any Conpiracy Theorists out there registered Democrats?

[edit on 22/7/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Wouldn't it be cool to walk around with a neon T-shirt printed with the words "Nut Job"? I love to point out the idiocy by adopting it and publicly (but silently) showing it for what it is. A conspiracy. Let your nut job status work for you by calling attention to yourself. The nut job label only fits when it is anonymously applied.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I frankly am SO sick and tired of this entire birth certificate dispute. I wish he would just provide the original and get it over with.

Mind you, I'm sure that people would still discuss that it was faked, etc...BUT, at least it would shut everyone up for awhile so they could come up with new conspiracies.

Obama: Just put up or shut up, please. People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing....

Errrr....I believe this falls under the concept of transparency, no?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The number of people that believe this nonsense is what makes it interesting.

The capacity of people to believe obviously silly things (that in 1961 Obama's family faked a Hawaiian birth, to the point of printing fake birth announcements in the local paper, so he could run for president almost 50 years later) if they happen to suit your political ideology is what makes it newsworthy.

Not the story itself - it's been looked at obsessively, and there ain't no "there" there

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Don't you think that the fact that Bo hasn't addressed it personally has something to do with the fact that the numbers of people questioning it are rising? That was the point of one of the people in one of the stories linked and I tend to agree with them.

Obama could easily take care of this, once and for all if he wanted to but he hasn't and that's why the numbers.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Agreed.

Is there a clanging bell icon over there ---> Well, if there was I would ring it for your comment. You've hit the nail on the head and there isn't much more to say.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Don't you think that the fact that Bo hasn't addressed it personally has something to do with the fact that the numbers of people questioning it are rising?

I think it means he's tired of wasting his time trying to appease a bunch of fringey rightwingers who are never going to accept a black Democrat as President anyway, and that he's not going to bother.

I can't say I blame him.

Sorry, but the whole thing is ludicrous...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Don't you think that the fact that Bo hasn't addressed it personally has something to do with the fact that the numbers of people questioning it are rising?

I think it means he's tired of wasting his time trying to appease a bunch of fringey rightwingers who are never going to accept a black Democrat as President anyway, and that he's not going to bother.

I can't say I blame him.

Does it make you feel superior to accuse our perspectives of being "a bunch of fringey rightwingers"? If so, please allow everyone the opportunity to understand exactly what a fringey rightwinger IS according to your understanding. I do believe denying ignorance is at stake here.

The color of my president's skin has zero accountibility in my joy with his policies. If this describes a "fringey rightwinger", thank you for the compliment.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

I can't say I blame him.

Or perhaps he's limiting his battles to ones that he can win, which nobody can really blame him for doing personally. But then, that begs the question of why can't he win the battle? All he has to do is what's been asked of him by the citizens of the U.S. - the very people he works for - maybe not all of them, but a rising number of them. Do you think he's too busy? Is he too tired to do this simple thing? No. He can't and that's why he won't.

The longer he doesn't do anything about this the more people will question it.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Agreed, all he has to do is release the damn long form birth certificate. He's hiding something and you don't need to be Inspector Columbo to figure that one out.

Is he going to wait until angry mobs are storming the White House before he comes clean (or even dirtier)?

[edit on 22-7-2009 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

"nut job!" Great idea Hazelnut! I'd wear such a t-shirt with pride. Also, "foilhead". especially if there was a smaller line that said, "copy of the long form on the back of this t-shirt".

Of course, the back would be blank.

In regard to the OP, as they say, "there's no such thing as bad publicity." I'm glad the questions are finally hitting MSM. Perhaps that's how it starts -- first mentioning it and making fun of it, and then pretty soon somebody like Larry King will do a segment on it. I'm personally surprised South Park hasn't done a show on it!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Maybe if we took another approach to the mainstream for their sakes for example;

ATS is such a vastly informative site!! I was just thinking; We really do have a perfect medium here that might even be furthered into the mainstream audience to effect a greater preservation of people in the final outcome of the coming events, if we capitalize on the most alluring part of the medium we call ATS; the news.

What am I saying? I'm saying that everyone is into news of one sort or another. I am suggesting that the members of ATS capitalize on this, and move to involve as many of their mainstream friends, and associates as passable by emphasizing on the integrity of some of the informative news found on ATS..

The reason I say it like that is that because they ARE mainstream; so many of the articles they see will be completely foreign to them; so it will appear to be foolishness to them. After the people go through the links in news articles of their particular interests, they will begin to gain a greater trust in our, strange site; opening them up to greater possibilities!! Giving ATS a greater root into the mainstream audience!

Edit for dumb blond spelling.

DA

[edit on 23-7-2009 by demonicangel32]

new topics

top topics

join