It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carers Let Rats Chew Toes From A Baby Girls Foot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This is terrible... I could hardly believe that something like this could happen.

Here is the link to the story, and here is the story...

Three people have been accused of endangering a child after rats bit a six-week-old girl and chewed off her toes at their cluttered US caravan home.

Authorities said the baby's toes on one foot were gone when sheriff's deputies went to the home in the city of Columbus, in the mid-western state of Ohio, on Sunday after receiving an anonymous tip.

"It's one of the most horrific things I've ever seen," Pike County prosecutor Rob Junk told the local 10TV News.

"I hope we never see anything like this again."

The baby is now in a fair condition at hospital.

A married couple and the 18-year-old boyfriend of the baby's mother are charged with endangering a child.

10TV News named the couple as Joseph Gunter, 33, and Tina Gunter, 29, and the accused 18-year-old as Todd Trent.

All three were in court for an initial hearing before they were jailed pending a plea hearing in two weeks.

Mr Junk said they all lived in the mobile home in a village noted for its old uranium enrichment plant.

Two other children were also removed from the home and placed in protective custody, but they showed no signs of abuse.

Mr Junk said the baby's mother is a juvenile. He would not identify her or say if she will be charged.

That poor baby girl... Honestly,,. there are so many people that just do NOT deserve to have children...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Holy bejesus, this is disgusting. I wouldn't mind smacking this so called " mother" in the head, ..... sounds like a perfect candidate for the " $300 sterilization program" on another thread.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
what a shocking story. it sounds like a scene from "saw".

These carers should be made a good example of. Jailed for a long long time with some waterboarding thrown in.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Holy bejesus, this is disgusting. I wouldn't mind smacking this so called " mother" in the head, ..... sounds like a perfect candidate for the " $300 sterilization program" on another thread.

I agree I can't believe parents can even let this happen.....
But what got me is the guys name Mr Junk.....

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
thats just insane!
what a horribile story,this "mom" should be tortured herself like that

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well if there was neglect on the parents part then shame on them but, before I jump to a conclusion about what happened I must remind myself that rat bites/attacks on humans are not all that unusual and not confined to third world countries or the low rent districts of the USA.

I read a story a few years back about a very up scale neiborhood in Manhattan that developed a rat infestation that lead to numerous reports of people being bitten or attacked in there sleep while in there own bed.

It seems that a hungry rat has no problem with the taste of human flesh and will climb into bed with you and have a little taste, if you are unable to move much it will continue to eat you alive.

A search of "rat attacks bites to humans" will pull up more info than most would care to read. There is many cases, some recent, of rats killing children as they feed on them.

and it is not limited to children, people that are mobility challenged the diabetic, elderly, those with open sores or wounds and the very heavenly sedated are at greater risk, many homeless or street people know the dangers of rats first hand after passing out only to wake up to find that they had become food to the rodents.

Rats are also known to eat the offspring of other animals including kittens and puppy's.

Rats have been eating babies for thousands of years.

What happened to the child in the story is tragic and I pray for her but, I will not blame the caregivers for this without more info.

Anyway, sleep tight and don't let the rats bite.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here is a very recent story involving a child being killed by rats.

www.nola.com...

Rat bites cover baby found dead in her crib in Westwego
by Allen Powell II, The Times-Picayune
Friday July 17, 2009, 6:20 AM

....."Munch said officers found the child with what appeared to be hundreds of bite marks on her body and severe damage to her nose and right leg. The officers determined that rats or other small rodents had done the damage, from prints left behind on the bloody sheets in the crib."

....."Neighbors said rodents have been a problem in the area for some time and that rats have gotten into several homes."

....."They never neglected the children, they were always clean and well-fed," Stevens said.

....."However, she said rodents were often seen running through the streets, and she had seen Natalie's father outside laying rat traps in the past. Other neighbors said the city of Westwego provides rat poison to them to deal with rodents in the street.

Mayor John Shaddinger said no code enforcement violations had been reported at the home, and there were no condemnation hearings pending as had been reported by other news agencies. Shaddinger said Westwego does provide residents with poison on a monthly basis if they come to City Hall and report a rodent problem. However, he said he was not aware that there was a major rodent problem in that neighborhood and his employees will be working to address that situation."

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Appalling what happened to that baby. But the real disgrace is millions of people everywhere - as seen increasingly even in the US - have to live under poor, sordid, desperate conditions (poverty being the most frequent reason for such incidents and neglects). While the NWO banking/political/media/etc scum are having fun partying, are flush with money, yet keep on robbing the people, and strive to bring about even more economic collapses and poverty. Those are the real rats of this world.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by WonderfulWorld]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

It seems that a hungry rat has no problem with the taste of human flesh and will climb into bed with you and have a little taste, if you are unable to move much it will continue to eat you alive.

Sure, I don't blame the rats, they are just hungry.

The baby must have been screaming though! The neglect and abuse do not come from the rat bites, they come from the time it would take to chew off some toes, while the baby screamed in agony, and 4 people did not respond to rescue her!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The baby must have been screaming though! The neglect and abuse do not come from the rat bites, they come from the time it would take to chew off some toes, while the baby screamed in agony, and 4 people did not respond to rescue her!

That is exactly what I was about to post getreadyaleady... but you have already said it...

Plus... a Six week old baby for gods sake!!.. I dont care how poor these people were,,, or if the NWO has blah blah... this is PURE neglect. A baby like that needs constant attention and care... to leave it screaming the house down for a (large) amount of time .... no.. sorry,.. I cannot see a way around that one...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJGomchizzle

But what got me is the guys name Mr Junk.....

... yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Further proof we need a license to breed?

so it was a married couple... and the boy friend of, I assume, the wife, living with her husband, and being the father of their illegitimate child..

Good Lord. What has this World come to..

PS. Yes, the name "Mr. Junk" is an awesome name.. and it would be even more so if his nick-name was Tiny.

[edit on 7/22/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think it was a married couple, a minor (the mother) and an 18 year old boyfriend of the minor. They said it in an odd way, but I get that there were 3 adults, a minor that may or may not be charged, and the baby of that minor!

This was a recipe for disaster! It would have been more understandable if this was a working single mother that just crashed from exhaustion and didn't hear the cries, but this was 4 people that ignored the baby!

new topics

top topics

join