It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposed: Repair Shops Hack Your Laptops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Comp mechanics are about the same as Car mechanics.

They are so desperate for money they will cut anyones throat. See this is what we get for continually preaching "Money makes you better than people who do not have as much".

We are a society that judges peoples value by their bank account. Therefore we are reaping what we sew. Enjoy your daily robbery.

Autowrench: You know, I hate to say this, but you are correct muzzleflash, I know because I worked as an automobile mechanic for many years in many service garages, and now I work as a computer repairman. I never even look at a customer's personal files unless the person wants me to see it. I am only concerned with Windows System files, and Registry errors, which are usually the problem, unless they have downloaded some malware or gotten a virus. And, it's true, most people don't know anything about their PC, and a repairman can tell them anything at all and get away with it, including charging for the work, just like a car mechanic can. Learn to repair your own computer, folks, it's a lot easier than you think it is, and very rewarding thing to do. Trouble is, once you learn all about Windows, you tend to look around for another, better operating system.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I can tell you that there have been plenty of computers I have repaired from virus's and such.

When you clean a virus and such off a file, you need to check to see if the file was currupted or not.

In a particular case, it was a video file and a real nasty virus.

I had to run the video to make sure it worked, my god was that an eye opener!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone who has someone else repair their computer, do as AC says, don't leave anything on your computer that you can't have anyone else see: credit card numbers/paypal/bank aco#s/any documents/music/video's you don't want to be seen by everyone else.

<< 1   >>

join