It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanting to see Area 51

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Yes thats ok.Thousands of ufo buffs go there every years hoping to get a shot of a ufo or one of the experimental aircraft.I would rarther go to roswell and dulce.Roswell has some good ufo shops and a museum.In dulce you can play the game of spoting the cia-men in black cars or vans.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

QB just go do your thing.....I would do just what you do. I would go and get some pictures, and enjoy myself without breaking the law....just so I could say I had been there. Don't worry about what everyone else is telling you to do, just do what you want to do! Have a great time!

[edit on 1-8-2009 by desertdreamer]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If you don't do anything stupid, there is nothing to fear about visiting the border. The back gate has a bit more infrastructure than the front gate, though the front gate is a must visit. The road to the back gate is the road just south of Rachel. You can't miss it. It has a stop sign where it intersects the ET Highway. The dudes can watch you with this fancy camera on a tower. They don't hide as much as they used to, so you can see their faces. They are clearly armed, either holstered or strapped to a leg.

At the front gate, if you set up the photo correctly, you can pose in front of the sign AND get the cammo dude-mobile in the shot in the upper corner. The photographer has to kneel since the dudes have a bit of altitude. I've done this shot a few times, though nobody wants their photo on the web. It makes a great shot.

BTW, renting a 4WD does not always get you off-road tires. Most of the time, what you need are the off-road tires and not 4WD. So you spend a hundred on the rental instead of forty, and really don't get much more safety. Now if you find a 4wd with off-road tires, that is probably something worth renting.

There is a slang expression around the range of "Vegas 4WD", which refers to some sedan rented in Vegas that is beat to ()()*()#$ driving the roads around the range. You need clearance, so sports cars are out. You could rent a HHR and car camp.

<< 1   >>

join