It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Killing Room...True?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I just watched a movie called The Killing Room. My first question is has anyone else seen it. It was about the MK-Ultra program that we all know about. I think. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows if the way the movie played out was for real?

Project MK-ULTRA, or MKULTRA, was the code name for a covert CIA mind-control and chemical interrogation research program, run by the Office of Scientific Intelligence. The program began in the early 1950s, continuing at least through the late 1960s, and it used United States citizens as its test subjects.[1][2][3] The published evidence indicates that Project MK-ULTRA involved the surreptitious use of many types of drugs, as well as other methods, to manipulate individual mental states and to alter brain function.

en.wikipedia.org...

The movie is about four individuals who sign up for a psychological research study only to discover that they are now subjects of a brutal, classified government program.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The British government ran several tests on their soldiers following WW2 to check the effects of drugs on their performance. Without consent.

It wouldn't be too far fetched if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Thanks. I am blown away by this movie. They put people in a white room. They let them believe that they will be paid for running experiments. The "supervisor" comes in and chats it up with them all. Before leaving he pulls a gun out and shoots a woman in the head. Then hurries out of the white room and closes the door. Then these people are watched. It is so bizarre. What they were looking for was something called Hapop Josis. I heard the girl they were initiating into the program say it. She said the result they were looking for was Hapop Josis.

She was a little shook up by the existence of the program, but went along all the same. To make a long story short, they were looking for the person who would sacrifice themself for the greater good. Then they would take the individual who displayed these results and then test him further.

I couldn't find anything on Hapop Josis, but the whole movie freaked me out.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
In the beginning of the movie, they display text. That text tells of the existence of the program and says that efforts to reveal if the program has been stopped could not be done. The movie is present day stuff. The supervisor in the movie explains to his troubled initiate that the program was being fashioned to fight terrorism. The final product of the test is something called MK Patriot. A citizen who would be guaranteed to give his life for his country. He explains that the number of MK Patriots is classified.

As the movie plays on, the participants are asked insanely weird questions that must be answered correctly. Whoever answers incorrectly gets killed. They provide a timer for each question. They drop a gun with one bullet in it through a mail slot. It is insane.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This movie just really freaked me out. So I wanted to post this little description and the link to it for later on. It is pertinent to figuring out what it is that has me so bothered about it, but I can't put my finger on it. Haunting really.

Movies about government psychological experiments like THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE or FIRESTARTER are scary because, more often than not, they’re believable. Not to sound like a nervous Nelly looking to hang tin foil over her windows, but come on, we know that our government conducts psychological experiments. We know that our government conducts psychological experiments that we don’t know about. And we know that a few of those experiments would probably freak us out. Of course, in THE KILLING ROOM, Dr. Phillips (a perfectly cast Peter Stormare) goes to great lengths to explain to new “observer” Chloe Sevigny that the MK-Ultra program is in no way affiliated with the US government. Although the psychological research program was officially disbanded in the 1970s, it was kicked back into gear following 9/11. Sevigny, an adept observer who specializes is reading facial expressions, is required on her first day to watch a videotaped recording of an MK-Ultra experiment and report her findings to Dr. Phillips.

www.bloody-disgusting.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

In the beginning of the movie, they display text. That text tells of the existence of the program and says that efforts to reveal if the program has been stopped could not be done. The movie is present day stuff. The supervisor in the movie explains to his troubled initiate that the program was being fashioned to fight terrorism. The final product of the test is something called MK Patriot. A citizen who would be guaranteed to give his life for his country. He explains that the number of MK Patriots is classified.

As the movie plays on, the participants are asked insanely weird questions that must be answered correctly. Whoever answers incorrectly gets killed. They provide a timer for each question. They drop a gun with one bullet in it through a mail slot. It is insane.

Add a bit of reverse psychology to that and you might have it just a little bit nearer the truth of whats possibly going on.

Right troops, ill only show you this once.

BANG.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
there is an experiment, called the milgram experiment,, where the subject is led to believe that they are administering increasingly strong electric shocks to another participant dependent on weather a series of questions is answered correctly or not. failure to answer a question is viewed as an incorrect answer. the subject is unable to see the person to whom they are administering the shocks but they are able to hear them.

at first the person being shocked expresses discomfort, through to pain and screaming followed eventually by the person going totally quite, suggesting unconsciousness or death. most people will continue to administer shocks even after the person stops answering and goes silent.

this is a documented civilian experiment, so it seems likely that they would make people believe that someone has been killed to see what way potential agents react but i'm not sure they'ld go as far as kill someone for real, but then again, they might.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

The thing about this whole movie was that it was so believable. The questions being asked were really strange. Like what number would most Americans pick between 1 and 33. Then the timer would start. At one point, there were only three guys left, and they all agreed "secretly" to select seven as their answer.

The controllers could hear everything and knew that their plan was for them to pick the same number. When the timer stopped and they heard the intercom ask for a response, the first guy said seven. The intercom acknowledged his answer and asked for the next response. The next guy, not wanting to be killed, said seventeen. The other two guys were glaring at him. Then the intercom said, acknowledged, and waited for the last response, to which the character said seven. They opened the door and shot the first guy who responded with a seven. Then closed and locked the door.

I am telling you, it is weird. I haven't stopped thinking about the stupid movie and now I believe I'm going to watch it again. It is good, but frightening and I believe it is because they are showing us how they actually find certain traits in "candidates".

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

pieman, thanks for that informative link. That is right along the lines of this movie. I would suggest you watch it because you would be amazed. It really is creepy and I can only think of something I read in one of these many threads. It went like this I believe. "They seem to have to tell us what they are doing to us. Like a superstitious thing or something." I cannot do what I've read and remembered justice. The post was much better than that explanation but it was along those lines. They have to tell us what they are doing to us.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I also remember watching a video in which the British soldiers were given '___' doses to see if it would help in war conditions.

Suffice to say it failed miserably, and the soldiers only became hysterical and lousy.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Epitaph25

I watched this movie again. The point of what they were trying to accomplish was to find a trait that is very rare. Apoptosis is what I believe the young initiate mentioned. It is a cell in the body that knows it is detrimental to the whole and kills itself. They were creating suicide bombers to combat suicide bombers. The material that was shown briefly shows a C4 synthetic suit. Someone else must have seen this movie. I know this is significant stuff. It's right in plain view.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I just watched the movie. It is very very unsettling to say the least. How easily this could be accomplished by people with the will and the means to do so.

Luckily it is just a movie and lets hope this isn't really happening. Though it's hard to believe it hasn't happened in some country at some time. If a writer can come up with this scenario then these mind control guys have certainly thought of it.

I guess the message is, don't answer classified ads promising an easy dollar.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I hate to be off-topic but this movie has a release date of October 2009, how are you guys seeing it beforehand?

The link you posted even shows a release date of then as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Traffic

Obviously somewhere online....Pirate Bay, torrents, any number of ways.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Just saw the trailer...

So is the twist that they are really just testing the girl?

PM me please if you have seen the full movie.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
If the CIA wants bodies for human experimentation then they can just hire a coyote from Mexico to deliver the goods. No one will file a missing persons report and if they do well....the desert is a very relentless place.

Do people really believe there is no human experimentation going on right now inside the U.S.A? Where else are you going to get a human immune system that's working and alive to test out new biological warfare agents?

I don't need proof because I already know how evil men can be. WWII should have taught us this. Some just live in denial.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I rented it at blockbuster 2 days ago.

Not sure about the release date but blockbuster has the movie.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Traffic

That's the wierd thing about it. It was on the shelf at blockbuster as a new release. I saw Timothy Hutton and grabbed it. The movie blew me away. The dvd itself has no special features. You know, usually they have a section of alternate endings, or commentary about how the movie was made. This dvd has none of that. Just play and scene selection.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

I think we all know these things go on in the US black projects which is why this movie had my attention from the opening sequence to the closing credits. It even explains why and how they can get away this stuff. Almost like they are telling us this is what we do and there is nothing you can do about it.

I just want to believe this has been stopped. Not that I truly believe it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
If the CIA wants bodies for human experimentation then they can just hire a coyote from Mexico to deliver the goods. No one will file a missing persons report and if they do well....the desert is a very relentless place.

Do people really believe there is no human experimentation going on right now inside the U.S.A? Where else are you going to get a human immune system that's working and alive to test out new biological warfare agents

Some observations from the borderlands...
Nice, new DHS busses drive into Ft.Huachuca regularly.
Ft. Huachuca is known for UAV's among other things- but, is best known for interrogation training. That's right... this is where the boys and girls of Abu Gharaib came from.
These busses normally haul collected UDA's to collection facilities ( and back to the border for deportations ). That's Undocumented Aliens, sorry.

Thing is, there are an awful lot of OTMs around here ( I live close to Mexico in Arizona ). OTMs are ' Other Than Mexicans '.

Are these the ones going into the fort ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join