It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contra-Gate: Iran Contra, The U.S. In Crisis - Vintage Video from 1987

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
San Antonio Congressman Henry B. Gonzalez addresses the two most significant and underreported facets of the Contragate scandal--the illegal activities of the CIA and the National Security Council in conjunction with the "Secret Team" (See pgm #329), and the FEMA plans to take over the government in a presidentially declared "emergency." This first program emphasizes the former. First, the latest news and analysis of the Contragate situation are presented, showing what the regular media are ignoring. Interspersed with this is a highly imaginative presentation of Ollie North in a "Max Headroom" format. Gonzalez then analyzes the situation, calling it the greatest constitutional crisis since the Civil War. He also gives his justification for his formal filing in Congress of a bill of impeachment of Reagan.

(click to open player in new window)

Part Two | Part Three | Part Four | Part Five | Part Six

In parts four through six, Congressman Gonzalez turns his attention to the great danger posed to our civil liberties and constitutional democracy by the Reagan Administration's plans developed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA.) Although the Congressional Contragate hearings denied permission to discuss these FEMA plans, Gonzalez reveals how, at the mere declaration by the president, Constitutional guarantees will be suspended and a new civilian and military structure will be established at all levels of government. Indeed, a shadow government is now in place and in training for just such an emergency. In addition to Gonzalez, University of Texas history professor, Tom Philpott assesses the situation from an historical perspective, and reminds us of other periods in U.S. history when repressive laws and government activity were rampant. Philpott agrees with Gonzalez on the seriousness of the situation, which the press and Congress are ignoring.

Producer: Frank Morrow
Production Company: Alternative Information Network
Co-hosts: Frank Morrow and Doug Kellner
Researcher: Mike Jankowski
Technical adviser: Brian Koenigsdorf

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Nothing like a little history to refresh peoples memories.

A History Of CIA Coups And Atrocities
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A history of US backed foreign coup d'états and operation TP-AJAX
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I love these topics

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I deemed this to be an off-topic comment..

[edit on 22-7-2009 by rhysotronic]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this ATS.com

This subject should be spoken about over and over again until something is done to change things. We just cannot go on living in denial about this... injustice must be stopped.

But, as far as I see it, things have only progressively worsened and the situation is increasingly dire. For everyone.

Also I would like to suggest people check out these books from your local library, they usually carry a copy of them.

1)White Out
2) Cocaine Politics
3) Dark Alliance

Extremely good research and information. Must reads!

[edit on 22-7-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I have another book to add to that list muzzleflash:The underground empire by James Mills it's the predecessor to those other books on your list.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I think this is a gossip could not be reached for comment.

------------------------------------------------------------
Criminal Minds Season 7 DVD
damages season 4 australia

top topics

join