It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Astrobiologists Debunk Aliens and UFOs In One Paragraph = Unscientific

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Ask a NASA Astrobiologist FAQ:

Have aliens visited Earth? Are UFOs real?
No, there is no evidence for visits of intelligent aliens to Earth, either now or in the past. The are many claims concerning UFOs and aliens, but no evidence to support these claims. The photos that are posted on the Internet are mostly fakes, and no one has ever produced an artifact or any other tangible scientific evidence of UFOs or aliens. One of strongest cases against the reality of these claims is that the group of people who spend the most time observing the sky are amateur astronomers, and they don’t report UFO sightings. If there were any evidence of aliens, astrobiologists would be among to first to hail such a discovery and analyze the data. However, there is no evidence that withstands scientific investigation. If you are still interested, you can use the search engine to find posted answers to specific questions about aliens and UFOs.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by ufo reality]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What he says makes absolute sense :\ It really is unscientific to spend time researching something which, for the most part, doesn't exist. At least other subjects such as 'dark matter' and other scientific pursuits have some basis to being a possible theory, as I said based on already existing scientist facts, as opposed to alien visitation.

And sadly, video, pictures, and testimonies do not count as actual proof. Anyone can do the three above, both either truthfully or for deceptive purposes. If there were some actual proof of aliens, such as a body or piece of a UFO to study, it would once and for all be considered something worth pursuing scientifically.

He doesn't say aliens do not exist. He simply says there isn't any intelligent life visiting earth.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

huggs

Im at a complete loss of words.

this is an insult in my opinion.!

I know we want dead bodies or a busted up ship to be the major nail in the coffin to end this.

But I beleive a few have crashed,(just a few)..

wheres the proof?,,inside secret military compound most likely..
Your darn right they'd keep it secret,,,

theres just to much sightings and video,,even if 99% is explainable..

even their own see's them,,,,!!!

they should explain what the hell it is we/their pilots are seeing then!!

why do they keep secret so much video footage,top secret reports from 30-40 years ago??

so we are to beleive them instead of the 1000's upon 1000 of credible witnesses??

what we need is a sattlelite space web cam for everyone to watch/observe,,that would shut them up!!!

I hope he eats his hat someday,,hopefully it will fall into a outhouse toilet first...

huggs everyone

[edit on 21-7-2009 by amyfriend]

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
from the article, one thing that stuck out to me:

"The photos that are posted on the Internet are mostly fakes"

mostly fake

so they are not all fake..?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CidCaldensfey

Do you not realize that actual evidence is confiscated, such as many of the astronaut videotapes? So obviously it's easy to say there is no hard evidence, when in fact they are confiscated and quieted down.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
How do you even know there is evidence to begin with? Did you function at a crashed UFO? Or perhaps, you have a friend who works for NASA who told you the tapes were confiscated? Exactly how do you know there is any evidence to begin with? If anything, I believe you are under the assumption they are hiding something when in reality there isn't anything to hide.

How do you know NASA is hiding things?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well in our galaxy alone there is a planet for every grain of sand on planet earth. Now on our planet alone there is millions of different life forms living here. A little odd that there is only life on one planet and none other. So in saying that there is no alien life out there, is really just a slap to the face of common sense.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's all a big conspiracy.

We are being lied too about everything. Alien's, UFO's, etc. I'm not saying all theories are true, or even that the theories we have now are the truth.

The fact is they aren't telling us the truth. They are keeping us dumb about this stuff. To think that we are the only complex technologically advanced intelligent life in the Universe is insane.

They know the deal, they just aren't spilling the beans.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I read this before and I have to say it grated. Enough so that I wrote a reply and asked NASA to provide their analysis of the new study on the Heflin photos, to address the numerous sightings still classified as unknowns in the Condon report, to rebut Brad Sparks's analysis of the '57 RB-47 case which for all intents & purposes scientifically proves the existence of a true UFO (a genuine unknown -- with extraordinary properties), and numerous other accounts on file from Blue Book that also have no discernible explanation.

And that's just old data! There are countless reports that are much more current that no scientist will touch for fear of ridicule.

Unsurprisingly I didn't receive a response.

Bunch of cowards, no different than Michael Shermer and his inability to muster a reply to my rebuttal to his drivel at TED.

My disdain grows.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The person who wrote that is ignoring the fact that there isn't any evidence to bring back from a UFO sighting or visitation other than a photo or video! (and assuming you have one on you at the time!).

What do they expect someone who sees a UFO to do? Use our mind powers to capture the thing and put it in our garage for everyone to look at?

There's a reason for there being very little physical evidence from UFO crash's (he said there isn't any which is a fallacy). Radiation decays after a while & any type of craft that crashes (especially something mysterious) is intercepted & cleaned up by the military.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
What he says makes absolute sense :\ It really is unscientific to spend time researching something which, for the most part, doesn't exist. At least other subjects such as 'dark matter' and other scientific pursuits have some basis to being a possible theory, as I said based on already existing scientist facts, as opposed to alien visitation.

And sadly, video, pictures, and testimonies do not count as actual proof. Anyone can do the three above, both either truthfully or for deceptive purposes. If there were some actual proof of aliens, such as a body or piece of a UFO to study, it would once and for all be considered something worth pursuing scientifically.

He doesn't say aliens do not exist. He simply says there isn't any intelligent life visiting earth.

Why is God so accepted then? No scientific proof right?

That is hypocritical ..

It is allowed by whoever to be this way......sucks right.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What i don't understand is why people always say that ''UFO's visited Earth".
Why is that no one wants to accept that maybe they are man made spacecrafts.
Ask someone on high rank in the military if they are man made UFO's.He will probably shut up.
Ask him if it's an Alien UFO in visitation.He'll probably laugh.

I believe that aliens exists and i also believe that is possible that the military may have captured aliens and back-engineared their technology.If they are more advanced (aliens), then it's no way that humans can use or understand their technology.

Also, think if the aliens are so advanced, why would they come IN our atmosphere to spy on us, when we have satellites OUT-SIDE our atmosphere that can spy on us LIVE!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There is no physical proof that Obama was born in the US but it's accepted...

Also hypocritical .

link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
It's all a big conspiracy.

We are being lied too about everything. Alien's, UFO's, etc. I'm not saying all theories are true, or even that the theories we have now are the truth.

The fact is they aren't telling us the truth. They are keeping us dumb about this stuff. To think that we are the only complex technologically advanced intelligent life in the Universe is insane.

They know the deal, they just aren't spilling the beans.

If you can prove conclusively that there's a conspiracy cover-up I'll be mighty impressed. The best I've been able to demonstrate is situational cover-ups with a whole lot of grand foul-up and ignorance.

Don't drink the kool-aid, evaluate the evidence and then try to answer for yourself whether there's a grand foul-up or conspiracy cover-up.

link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
The photos that are posted on the Internet are mostly fakes, and no one has ever produced an artifact or any other tangible scientific evidence of UFOs or aliens.

Mostly fakes? Well even HE doesn't by his own words. Otherwise he would't have said "mostly".

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceSilence
What i don't understand is why people always say that ''UFO's visited Earth".
Why is that no one wants to accept that maybe they are man made spacecrafts.
Ask someone on high rank in the military if they are man made UFO's.He will probably shut up.
Ask him if it's an Alien UFO in visitation.He'll probably laugh.

I believe that aliens exists and i also believe that is possible that the military may have captured aliens and back-engineared their technology.If they are more advanced (aliens), then it's no way that humans can use or understand their technology.

Also, think if the aliens are so advanced, why would they come IN our atmosphere to spy on us, when we have satellites OUT-SIDE our atmosphere that can spy on us LIVE!

THen if so our military and government is hiding it from us, and lying to us...

Why should we then trust them about other things?

How do we then know what is truth and what is false?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
wow, so all the people that witnessed a HUGE FLYING TRIANGLE over phoenix where just dazzled by the full moon?

F/U dude..

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
The person who wrote that is ignoring the fact that there isn't any evidence to bring back from a UFO sighting or visitation other than a photo or video! (and assuming you have one on you at the time!).

You do realize UFOs (whatever they are -- craft, new atmospheric phenomenon, secret military craft, etc) have been captured on radar, both passively (i.e. emitting a radar beam) and reflecting / returning radar beams. There are numerous other ways to capture data about this phenomenon outside photographic and visual observations.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
There is no evidence to back up claims of actual extraterrestrial involvement or actual ET visitation of Earth. The question which was asked was:

Have aliens visited Earth? Are UFOs real?

The answer which was given:

No, there is no proof of actual ET involvement.

Never does the response include anything having to do with totally blowing off the existance of aliens. He simply replied saying there is no proof of actual ET involvement. It could be very well possible these UFOs captured in video and photos are just man-made x planes. If these 'craft' are piloted by humans, computers, or aliens is entirely unknown.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by CidCaldensfey]

[edit on 21-7-2009 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

The fact is that we are not being told the truth about anything. Look at the economy, Berneke, all the evidence of back room deals, the suppression of information, that has nothing to do with national security, but is just embarrassing. Unemployment numbers. The government is manipulating things right in front of our faces.

The proof of the foul-up or conspiracy cover up, is the same thing in my mind. Because if it was covered up properly then we wouldn't know nothing from nothing. The reason to believe it was a cover-up is because the fouled up to begin with. Whether it was intentional or not.

We are not being told the truth, to think other wise is completely dismissing all the empirical evidence that is plaster in front of our faces everyday.

Now I'm not saying that the conspiracy theories are correct or wrong, because we simply don't know. For all we know they could be botching cover-up's to distract people from something else they are doing.

One thing we do know, we are not being told the truth about a lot of things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join