It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did U.S. forces watch Afghan massacre?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Did U.S. forces watch Afghan massacre?

www.salon.com

But what the Times did not report was that many of those same detainees also alleged to Spry's interviewers that U.S. personnel were present during the massacre, a potentially explosive allegation that, if true, might further explain American resistance to a war crimes probe of the deaths. In an exclusive interview, Spry told Salon that he informed Risen about the additional allegation that U.S. forces were present. Risen confirmed to Salon that Spry told him of the allegations, but said he did
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.salon.com

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

They licked perspiration off one another to stay alive.

Not that relevant to the story but wow
I'd rather die, i'm serious!
Anyhow!

The Times added that American officials resisted a war crimes investigation because the warlord who allegedly orchestrated the mass killing, Dostum, was a paid CIA asset who had worked closely with U.S. Special Forces.

Whoa!

That's one serious allegation there!

If true, it only fuels to the argument that the Taliban and perhaps even al-qaida are just marketing branches of the CIA. I'm sorry to those that find this offensive but the two most recent U.S. presidents just became too powerful too fast, and too much money is floating around way too much.

Two most recent U.S. presidents almost at dictatorial powers, with so much money pushed to private interests and bankers(war profiteers) can only be an indication of one thing.

Meanwhile, Dostum's name surfaced this week in a video of Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. Army soldier taken hostage by the Taliban three weeks ago. A voice off-camera hammers Dostum, "who had hands in organized crime and lootings and mass murders in the north of Afghanistan." The voice then asks Bergdahl, "Does your government tell you that you support human rights criminals in Afghanistan and you spill your blood for these people?"

"No," Bergdahl responds. "Our government does not inform us of any of these details."

You know that soldier captured
I always thought it was a sham.

They're all in cahoots with each other!

This is war profiteering and bedtime stories for adults.

I remember once watching a show on the space channel.
It was about a group of men fighting a group of aliens that looked like coackroaches. These group of men were soldiers and ordered to take a potion every 8 hours to serve as anti-bacterial from the aliens or something. Later one didn't take the potion, and he saw no more insects. He found out that those potions weren't anti-bacterials, it was just a potion to make you think the other group of men were aliens. So a bunch of 'awakened" soldiers wanted to declare peace to the others, they came unarmed. Then the other group killed them all, apparently they also were taking a potion and thought the soldiers were aliens.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The Outer Limits - Hearts And Minds

The show you mentioned. The Outer Limits was great at times.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This is a dark and sordid war for one of the earth's last few untamed places.

It is a land time would forget if not for the dark forces of Imperialism that most profit off of all that is known, all that is.

We save them from death at their own swords to visit death upon them with our own.

Some how, some way, this is imagined to be a favor to them.

We are nothing but security gaurds and bounty hunters for the Corporate forces who rape and pillage the land and the few soulless Afghani's who will make such a pact with the Devil.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
The Outer Limits - Hearts And Minds

The show you mentioned. The Outer Limits was great at times.

hahahahhahaha

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The outer Limits!!!!!!!!

I forgot the name, it was a great show
I miss it!!!!

star

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
come on guys this is important news

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
OK I'll bite...

There appears to be too many "IF"s in this story.
For example.

Same source

Risen's story in the Times earlier this month said the slaughter "may have been the most significant mass killing in Afghanistan after the 2001 American-led invasion." The Times added that American officials resisted a war crimes investigation because the warlord who allegedly orchestrated the mass killing, Dostum, was a paid CIA asset who had worked closely with U.S. Special Forces. At the time of the killings, Dostum was working hand-in-glove with soldiers from the Army's 5th Special Forces Group. During that phase of the war in Afghanistan, small numbers of Special Forces soldiers typically accompanied much larger numbers of U.S.-allied Northern Alliance forces on the battlefield.

Typically or not there is no solid proof small numbers of US forces were anywhere near there at the time of the incident.

They admit it.

I'm not saying it didn't happen but some thing a bit more concrete would go a long way.

Just my opinion.

Slay

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
come on guys this is important news

It is important news. We watched the Soviets for 10 long years stumble in Afghanistan and learned in the process that the Afghanis were a fiercely independent, stubborn and undettered resiliant people and plagued by competing warlords and tribal factions each vieing for dominance for as long back as time could remember.

We cheered when the Soviets were driven out...

What in the heck are we doing over there.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
exactly

now if you look at this story

and check this story out
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is obviously something fishy going on!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
exactly

now if you look at this story

and check this story out
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is obviously something fishy going on!

There is definately something very fishy going on, most of all is how the Mujahadeen that fought the Soviets and were funded and trained by the CIA managed to turn into a rabid Taliban who supposedly supported Al Queda in alleged attacks on American Interests Abroad and on American Soil.

To many people like the Bin Laden Family with it's ties to defense industry contractors like the Carlysle Group that the Bush family is also a major player in, have simply made too much money off of this war.

Not to mention how the Opium Crop seems to just grow and grow and size and find it's way to market.

Not to mention an important trans-Asian Oil Pipeline that got built in the aftermath of the U.S. Led Invasion or the rich Copper Mining Contracts that have been sold to the Chinese who for all intents and purposes are funding our War Effort in Afghanistan.

Why there are so many fishy things going on in Afghanistan I am surprised it's not covered by one vast ocean by now to support all the fish!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Not to mention an important trans-Asian Oil Pipeline that got built in the aftermath of the U.S. Led Invasion or the rich Copper Mining Contracts that have been sold to the Chinese who for all intents and purposes are funding our War Effort in Afghanistan.

Terrorism in China

Afghanistan

Chinese Communist Party leader Jia Qinglin said on 22 January 2007, "China appreciates Afghanistan's valuable support on such issues concerning China's core interests as Taiwan, human rights and fighting 'East Turkestan' terrorists." Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Liu Jianchao said, "There should not be double standards in counterterrorism. At the same time, no country wants to see another Al Qaeda in China."[3]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The good, honest, decent and moral US soldiers should round up all blackwater operatives, CIA agents, shady operatives, drug smugglers, arms dealers and high ranking controllers and arrest them or worse...

I guarantee you'd see 'terrorist' activity drop by a mile.

Seriously.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Isn't it amazing how Terrorism seems to pop up everywhere now from the United States to Theran to China?

Seems to be the number one product in hard economic times.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I dunno...

Lets go to the map.
What do all these countries have in common?
Central Asian Oil. The Great game is afoot...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d54f5ff0968c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Black Gold, Texas Tea, welcome to the Afghani Hillbillies!

I sure am glad I made the switch to a bicycle for all road trips. I would hate to think these thieves profit off of me.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Not to mention how the Opium Crop seems to just grow and grow and size and find it's way to market.

I'm glad you mentioned the Opium Crop - I read a story just the other day that struck me as odd.

U.S. bombs poppy crop to cut Taliban drug ties

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- The U.S. military bombed about 300 tons of poppy seeds in a dusty field in southern Afghanistan Tuesday in a dramatic show of force designed to break up the Taliban's connection to heroin.

The military dropped a series of 1,000-pound bombs from planes on the mounds of poppy seeds and then followed with strikes from helicopters.

Tony Wayne, with the U.S. State Department, said the strikes on poppy seeds, that can be used to make opium and heroin, is part of a strategy shift for the military to stop the Taliban and other insurgents from profiting from drugs.

Granted 300 tons is a lot of seeds. But, it seems like a waste of resources frankly. Wouldn't it have been far cheaper just to put some gas on them and burn the pile of them? Unless they bombed something other than poppy seeds I don't understand the need to spend that much money and put on that big of a show just to get rid of the seeds.

top topics

join