It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

war with iraq just a 'minor' problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
as deepwaters has already mentioned, korea and china seem to me to be far more powerful that iraq. North korea especially is very big and powerful. It is the most dominant and major communist society too, alienating it from the rest of the world.
So why aren't Blair and Bush bothered about them? Because they're big. iraq is small, their army is no threat so the UK and the USA can easily destroy it, but korea and china are more of a challenge.....

Something to think about?

Also, I think Korea seem to think america is the same america they fought before at pearl harbour. Not so.

Another little issue thats come to mind is that the whole iraq situation could be read in a very different way. Saddam Hussein appealed to us, asking if we would be against him killing the al quaida (not sure how to spell, sorry!). We did not say yes, or no but simply turned a blind eye. That could have been misinterpreted by him to mean that we didn't mind....

And Im sure some poeople remember when the kurds asked the west for support when attacking iraq....
Again, our word was mistook, as we didn't give them physical support and they were left to fight a loosing battle. When our help was pleaded for, huge sacks of food were plummetted from the sky, killing some troops at the front........
Why didn't we help them?

Ooh, i seem to have got carried away.....some of my facts may be a little muddled, sorry.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well one thing N. Korea is a big threat, but they will not doing anything untill the USA attacks them. China is an ally of the USA, and God bless us in we do go to war with China even though it is unlikely. I hope the war with Iraw can get started so we can get the hell over to N. Korea and kick their a$$. By the way Japan fought at Pearl Harbour not Korea.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese!
The Korean war was fought in '49-'52. The North Korean army was successful in its initial drive south pushing UN (USA, UK, AUS, Turks..) forces into a small perimiter on the South-eastern coast of Korea (Pusan). Following the successful amphibious landings at Inchon By Gen. Douglas Mac Arthur The North Korean army found itself deep in southern territory with US Marines behind them there supply routes were cut they were decimated in the retreat back North. The UN forces pushed the NK Army all the way to the Yaloo river on the northern Border with China had it not been for the intervention of the Chinese this would have been the end of the war.

This recap of the Korean war would be repeated only at a quicker pace were the DPNK start a drive south again!
This is why they will just rattle their saber in an attempt to blackmail the West into giving them Food and Oil!

You are right about the Kurds asking for help from the CIA to overthrow Saddam But ask Bill Clinton why he didnt give it to them because only he knows I suspect it was because he did not want to have a Kennedy-like Bay of pigs scenario on his hands!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
yes inded, n. korea is much greater enemy and so is china....communists are all dangerous. But i think if we want to have peace one day in middle east, than saddam must be removed.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i agree... there are much more dangerous groups out there...
it seems like it's more of a family quarrel.
saddam attempted to get bush sr. killed... so why wouldn't his son finish up where his father left off? iraq has done nothing to us in the past 12 years, why is it an issue now? they don't even want a war.
and also, people have suddenly forgot about our good friends, the saudis & yemenis... they're more of a threat to us than iraq.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
in reply to echelon's question wht is iraq an issue now, I think it must have something to do with the 9/11 attack.....even thought sadaam hussein wasn't really involved.....
I think if that hadn't have happened, it wouldnt be such an issue. It has been argued that Bush was infuriated by that and wants to show the eastern world who's boss. As in, how dare they attack us?
I think there is an element of that. But I also agree that something must be done.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
actually, bush made iraq an issue even before his election.

new topics

top topics

join