It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Grayson (Democrat) grills Bernanke and the Federal Reserve!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yes....others are stepping up to the plate.....it's not just Ron Paul anymore railing against the Federal Reserve.

Finally our politicians are doing something beneficial for the American people. Support an Audit of the Fed....HR 1207. Keep bothering your your Congressman to support this bill.

This is spectacular...watch it.

Mr. Grayson is making a name for himself!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Great find. OUCH!!!!!

You almost feel bad for the Bankster puppet Bernanke....ALMOST!!!

Good find!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Listen to Bernanke's VOICE!!! It flutters at the end...like a kid who's doing something naughty and has been caught red-handed by an adult.

Then the BELL rings....WHEEEEWW...thank god for BARNEY FRANK once again to the rescue!!

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Gateway]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I really enjoyed watching that. I think Bernacke and his handlers are getting scared of HR1207. It wouldn't surprise me if Bernacke somehow took all the blame for the Fed's dealings to hide their complictiy. The Fed will get exposed, Obama will feign outrage that Bernacke took him for a fool, there'll be a new "chairman" appointed who will promise transparency and everyone will think it's all good. One way or another these banksters won't give up thier monopoly easily.

It is refreshing to see other house members besides Dr. Paul starting to take Bernacke to task over the Fed's policy and how they "Don't know" where the money they lend out goes. It's all about baby steps I suppose.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

Good point. Bernanke may be a fall guy...he may be turned into another patsy. But it's the entire system, that hopefully will be taken down. We can't have ANY CENTRAL planner dictate interest rates, and the purchasing power of our money.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Thanks, This was very entertaining to watch and listen to his voice crack.

It's interesting that during these times and important matters our representatives have minutes to ask questions.

What a disgrace to have Barny jump in like he often does, really shows who most of our politicians work for, NOT US.

Just because we have representatives does not mean they represent the citizens.

We need to support people like Alan Grayson and campaign against people like Mr. Frank.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

I agree totally, we need to scrap the whole central banking concept altogether and only then we can get back to prosperity. If you look at the US society, I only speak about the US because I live here and I don't keep up with other countries, there's no belief in your dreams and ideas for a better future. We've become to hemmed in with stupid debt and thinking that succes is based off what interest rate, how much I've financed something for.

Maybe we went to the moon or not, but at least back then we as a country were shooting for something and it at least looks like we accomplished that. At least there was optimism and nowhere near the pessimsism and fear today. A lot of it can be blamed at the foot of Federal Reserve/central bnaking cartel that has it's hands in everything. I just hope as more people in congress as Rep Grayson is showing, start tightening the scres on Bernacke/Geithner that we can have true reform and take back control of not just our money cause in the end money is just a means to an end, but in control of our life and our destiny.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Listen to Bernanke's VOICE!!! It flutters at the end...like a kid who's doing something naughty and has been caught red-handed by an adult.

I know...I love it. Old Ben knows that the Fed's time of secrecy may soon be over...and as others have said...he may be a patsy...but he was in with Bush as well. Imagine if he finally buckled under the pressure and spilled the beans?

Another thing....my local news showed a segment on Bernanke talking about the economy...from this same hearing. They didn't mention any of this ONCE.

Instead it was all about how the economy will recover. It's a joke man. The media needs to kick it up into high gear....no one watches C-Span and they won't see this.

At least Glen Beck is talking about it...like him or not. He's really the only one putting the secrecy of the Federal Reserve on the national stage.

He even played Alan Grayson's earlier grilling on the Federal Reserve...where he asked where the missing 9 TRILLION dollars went to.

The charade needs to end....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Another thing I wanted to add....

This isn't a Republican/Conservative thing. Many...MANY...Democrats have signed on to this thing and Mr. Grayson...as well as Bernie Sanders have been very vocal against the Federal Reserve.

Some people here try to spin it as a partisan issue...it is NOT.

This is important to ALL americans....and damnit we should know what is happening behind the scenes.

The American people should not be lied to...or deceived by anyone in government...EVER.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

...Only one word to describe that exchange:

OWNED

Ron Paul is very good at grilling the bank .. but he does it in a way where it's more like telling off school children for being stupid..

This guy had it right on .. Force the bastards to reply.. because you can tell a lot about how these guys think when they reply to difficult questions.. Could this be the beginning of the end for the "Central Bank?" .. I only hope so..

500 bill directly from our Fed to European banks..

Untold hundreds of billions paid out to specific European and Asian banks through AIG as CDS payments (money laundering..)

Who do these guys serve? .. Sure as hell isn't me, or you, or this country..

new topics

top topics

join