It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Grants Anti-War 'Human Shields' Entry Visas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
doodle, the U.S. is ~not~ the envy of the world.
why do people have to make good salient posts about the importance of freedom of speach and the necessity to understand that there are nutters and rational people on both sides of the fence in this whole Iraq conflict and then have to go and spoil it all by saying somthing mindlessly incediary as well as utterly wrong?

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101
oh and on second thoughts, don't grow a frontal lobe, I wouldn't wish self awareness on you, too cruel.

You're enjoying testing the boundaries aren't you?

I would have assumed that it's possible to engage in a discussion such as this without a pestering little comment like this that adds nothing to the discussion. However, I'm sure you enjoyed your brief little chuckle as you contemplated the insult, and happily typed away.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Firstly 2 issues seem to come to the fore here...

1 as someone mentioned in another thread americans seem to see that a disagreemnt with american foreign policy means a dislike of America as such.

I have been reading about Chiraq, and he is the most pro american french president yet. But his anti war stance is seen by americans as an anti america stance.

What many americans truely fail to see (according to the article I read) is that you can seperate the people from the politics, that you can disagree with the actions of America and the leaders yet still like the country.

This leads to the second point, why this blindness on behalf of average joe american and their media?

because of the indoctrination process that demands allegience to the Flag and the president and the country.

At the end of the day the politics and the country and the people are inextricably entwinned. To disagree with one is to be"unamerican" so you care forced to follow the country line else get labeled and ostrosized and marginalized.

This happens in this thread where someone expressing a dislike of american policy and going to iraq to do something meaningless is labeled as stupid.

Intelligent people sometimes have to undertake meanless acts to assauge their moral viewpoints.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

I have been reading about Chiraq, and he is the most pro american french president yet. But his anti war stance is seen by americans as an anti america stance.

" The most pro american french president yet " ?

If I was you, I would write : " The less anti-american french president yet ". It sound better, because it's more close from the reality.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
"I would have assumed that it's possible to engage in a discussion such as this without a pestering little comment like this that adds nothing to the discussion. However, I'm sure you enjoyed your brief little chuckle as you contemplated the insult, and happily typed away. "

Its a give and take thing William.

If you look at the thread as I'm sure you have, you'll notice that my original post was not insulting in the slightest, well not as far as I'm concerned.

freemason took offence and posted this:

"Stop ranting Lupe, try for once to stay on topic. You always say the same thing. It's obvious that you try to be as annoying as possible, the question is why ?
Anyway I guess ATS is used to your ranting and most memebers have learnt to ignore it. "

don't know about you but I percieve that as

A) off topic and
B) a personal attack.

so, I answered is more salient point and then responded in kind, which produced another insult from FM which produced another one from me, and so on, and so on.

Now you could say, that if I was a bigger man, I could just walk away and think "sod him" quietly to myself.

fact is I'm simply not a big enough man.

as such, if somone attacks me, I'll continue to attack them back till they stop.

you may take notice of the fact that didn't start this little tetarte.

On the subject of Nets post, Couldn't agree more.
I'm massively fond of aspects of america, there are other aspects I'm not so fond of and, there are political situations that I take such offense to as to not even associate them with the US as a concept.

One of these is the war on Iraq.

Lets put it another way.

My Mums German. I think she rocks big style. Doesn't meen I agree with with the policys of the nazi party.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Lupe... if you really are unable to distinguish the different between your post and his, you must lead a very confused life.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
perfectly peachy life thanks.
not confusing in the slightest.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
these "Human Shields" as the ultimate activists, willing to die for their cause, etc. as brave....it doesn't change the fact that it's just plain nuts. The reason it's nuts, and not brave, is that it doesn't have a chance of achieving the objective, and that war is all but eminent. These people (those that aren't spies at least
) are looking for their lives to have some purpose, so they think this somehow validates their existence. What it will validate, is the end of their existence. Putting your life on the line for a cause, is usually only the most dire thing you can do, and then, it's only done (bravely) when it has a chance to achieve the stated goal.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101

as such, if somone attacks me, I'll continue to attack them back till they stop.

Yeah, good policy. And what do you do if the other guy think like you ?

Above all, what do you do if the other guy has big muscles and if his fist are like a hammer ?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 05:01 AM
link   
"Yeah, good policy. And what do you do if the other guy think like you ?"

It goes back and forth until one or other partys gets bored.

"Fists like hammers"

you keep going. for some reason I'm impervious to physical attacks, seem to emminate some sort of mark of Kane esq aura.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
If i knew that my city was going to be attacked in the near future by the worlds best military force, i think i would look for a horse( or camel) and get the heck outta Dodge!!!

I would fight to death. >=|

Cool, now we will see T-72s with Human Armor plates!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join