It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 28th, 2009 - Are You Ready?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
And the ultimate transformative space, of love and transformation, is acceptance.

Therefore, I think the "new net" is one of mutuality in absolute unconditionally loving acceptance, a love so powerful, that it will ultimately dissolve the egoic mind structure of our present civilization, without any judgement, or resistence, either way.

There you go, let's hope so.

I never thought of this as a net in the first place. (edit: though I can really see it this way after reading your post!) I was going to ask you, should I be feeling a net, or the people involved with it. Then I thought, well it's all connected anyway.

For me at least, I have a stronger sense of others, a stronger acknowledgement - more real to me. When I go to meditate I will be sure to be aware of the fact that there are certainly others around the word meditating, praying also, at this exact time, at this now. I'm sure if I was more well read I would have already known to do this. It's like certain people who call on God, or the archangels or whatever, why not call on and call towards the very people on this earth who are also meditating right now, who are being mindful in their life. The people who are with you in meditation, a common thread.

The feeling that we are not alone, ever. Not just because "God is with you," but because you share that same human element and that human spirit of goodness that is there. I keep saying human, because there is something to that. We say it's only human to care. When something awful occurs we say it was inhumane. I really am talking under the idea that we are all in fact spiritual beings. More connectiveness, in a real way, it's like we are taking baby steps.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Novise]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I'll have you know that on Tuesday I stubbed my toe, had some asthma problems, found a dead bird on my lawn, and it rained for that day onward.

I want to thank you all for yet another example of BS, and yet another reason to not like this stuff.

Thank you everyone.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

And I thought you were looking for advice.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

advice for what? I'm open minded. But I'm logical. It's just that this is really a great big "maybe, maybe not". It's like a placebo. People who want to be happier feel happier, people who feel indifferent feel the same, people who don't want anything to do with it don't feel anything.

This will work with 1 billion just as much as 10. It's a mind trick, to make you feel stronger when you are not. If you feel better, then you're told you did something right. If you don't, then you're told you did something wrong. So what does it matter? You could do the same alone.

I'll say there's plenty of possibility for this to work, but until I see it metered, I will not believe in such silliness.

I've done stuff like this before, cloud dissolving, thought experiments, etc etc. But the illusion is broken once you examine it. Record the sky while you do "cloud busting", and you will almost always see all the clouds dissolve. Educate someone in the ways of history and then tell them to have a thought experiment on the future, and they will usually be right.

So what is real?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Novise

I'll have you know that on Tuesday I stubbed my toe, had some asthma problems, found a dead bird on my lawn, and it rained for that day onward.

I want to thank you all for yet another example of BS, and yet another reason to not like this stuff.

Thank you everyone.

You're still welcome (I was going to say you're not welcome, but that's not the right spirit with which to respond to negative resignation and cynicism). Praying for you.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

In all honesty I thought you were somebody I tried to give advice earlier in the thread, lol. But to answer this from you. And I understand what you mean, I try to be a realist. But I cannot deny that I have learned from this experience, and I can't deny that there are others about that I find their words striking chords with me.

Well I didn't really think the world was going to change 2012 style or anything when I started to meditate. Besides, a lot of the religions teach to sort of work and act "without attachment to results." In Christianity this is done by saying "All glory to God." Buddhism and Bhagavad Gita both talk about the importance of being detached from the success of your efforts. This is close to the difference in ego based achievement, and the opposite - the dissolution of ego (which through fundamentalism at worst requires belief and adherence to a book, though buddhism and the more philosophical and to the point religions offer obvious alternatives to that - ways to act that don't feed the ego)

I look at most of my actions as practice. I am doing them without attachment to results. At the end of the day I'll ask, "What have I learned?"

When I was reading Carlos Castaneda's "The Art of Dreaming" I came to the conclusion near the end that this was basically a work of fiction. It was a story with obvious buildup, plot, suspense, and climax. But what happened as I read it? My dreams increased, I went lucid more often (which wasn't often at all, but it started happening more).

A very tangible thing to this exercise that I have gained is I will now be more aware of the fact that I am not alone in meditation. Just like a person who watches television would do well to remind themselves from time to time that they are doing the same thing as billions of people. Things like this connect us in a way, they are common ground. In a spiritual, intuitive sense, this is "felt." Take the words away from it and what is left? Still some feeling that never goes away. Not everything is labels and attachments.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

There's no rule that says a placebo cannot do good for a person. I will not count dreams and meditation ad 100% silly, but that a lot of the people who come on here who claim something are usually looking for attention, so please understand my reluctance.

I do think that something can be done with concentration, meditation, etc etc. I am simply a firm believer in the individual having this ability over themselves, and that nothing can be done for the "planet's energy" or the betterment of all though this.

Understand this though. The first time I tried such a thing, I began with a pray to God to simply let me be free and have fun. This was done when I was young and a child. That very night I had a dream that can very easily be described as traveling to another planet far far away and exploring its biology, history, and all kinds of such things.

The catch? no matter how real it may have seemed, I had just read and watched some stuff on speculative biology. So again we come to the "maybe, maybe not". It's obvious that my mind were influenced through the media I just watched and read. However, the realism of the experience can only be described as something that simply was not a dream. I had just dreamed the entire history and events of an entire world. How can the mind create such a thing in one night?

So do not count me as closed minded, but do not count me as 100% open minded. I simply cannot believe that humans poses the ability to change events of the universe. As George Carlin put it, "You're simply just not that important". However, I do believe that we can control ourselves and what we see and do, and in essence do something with that. A creature does not evolve the imagination of humanity for no reason.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join