It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver cop accused of using gun to speed up McDonald's breakfast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

A Denver police officer faces felony menacing and weapons charges based on an allegation that he pointed a pistol to speed up his order at an Aurora McDonald's in May.

An employee at the McDonald's at 18181 E. Hampden Ave. told investigators that two officers were waiting for their order at the drive-through window in the early morning hours when Derrick Curtis Saunders, 29, grew impatient and pulled a weapon.

In addition to the menacing and weapons charges, Saunders also is charged with prohibited use of a weapon, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, the Aurora Police Department said Monday.

Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said Saunders has been suspended with pay during the investigation, but he would be put on unpaid leave once the department is formally notified of the charges.

www.denverpost.com...

When fast food just isin't fast enough...

too funny but poor McD's underpayed wage slaves

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Man, cops tend to have weird ideas of what comprises socially acceptable behavior. They also seem to have strange ideas about fun; just ask anyone getting clubbed during, well, pretty much any protest demonstration. Right to public assembly and free speech indeed...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Is it just me or are cops starting to snap! It's almost like something is going on with the collective cop consciousness. I'm serious, this is getting ridiculous. I'm waiting for another high profile Rodney King like case to pop up again. Although I doubt it because the media "learned" from it's "mistake" last time. Now they keep it on the hush hush after they saw what the people will do in the face of utter injustice.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have been to this McDonald's a few times (*Gasp* Yes, I really have been to a McDonald's
) It is attached to a gas station (all one building). Good thing the cop wasnt getting gas too - as it is rather a busy place - he might have really flipped his lid.

Stupid comes in all professions!

[edit on July 21st 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Maybe THIS Time they'll get his order right. Still what a moron a cop of all people doing that. This guy should get his teeth kicked in our his wrists broken or atleast suspended maybe even fired.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's McDonalds, as in fast food, and it was not fast enough for this Police Officer?

Is this the type of brain power it takes to make the grade to get into Law Enforcement in Denver?

I have worked at McDonalds, and it is difficult as a former employee to have any sympathy for this Officer, it's just food.

I have never been in a hurry to get my food to the point of brandishing a weapon.

This is the type of stupidity I had to deal with, when I was Security at a hospital, when another Security Officer did not understand why he got a reprimand for wearing his Security uniform, with badge to a bar, and getting totally hammered.

He made an idiot of himself as well, in uniform.

Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This reminds me of this

At least the cop didn't accuse the staff of stealing their money, then run inside and pepper spray and forcefully detains her. I guess these must have been white employees at this mcdonalds.

And some argue there is no evidence that departments intentionally hire members with lower IQ and test scores.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by king9072]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
'The booking photo was not available' How convenient is that? I find it interesting that when officer's are arrested, it is rare to see the booking photo on the TV news, or in the newspaper. At best, one sees a file photo. However, when BillyJoeBob Civilian is hauled in for a newsworthy crime, the photo makes press/airtime.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Wow.. that man really wanted his bigmac...

Whats wrong with police? ...

To be a Police Officer.. you need two things:

High School diploma.. or a GED

Military service..

If you don't have military service, a college degree is generally required.

So essentially we have a huge police force of undereducated adrenalin junkies.. given guns, tasers and the legal right to kick peoples heads in. To be a cop you should have to have at least a 4 year degree, where part of the curriculum is Constitutional Law, as well as empathy training.. And aside from SWAT, I see absolutely no reason for police to be trained by the Military.. in fact, it should be prohibited unless the soldier went and got a 4 year degree.

It shouldn't be surprising we have ignorant fools like this police officer threatening to shoot innocent people for his cheeseburger..

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
That cop should lose his job and all of his pension.

Then he should go to jail.

Then he should get shanked in jail and die a slow horrible death.

Then McDonalds should cater his funeral.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Stupid comes in all professions!

That's the truth. I think the stupidity is more noticeable and a bigger deal when the proffesion we are discussing is police officer.

I cannot imagine what this guy was thinking. he is lucky he is a cop. If he was not, they would not be so lenient with him right now. If he was anybody else he would be in jail for pulling a gun, untill he either made bail or there was a trial.

At least it appears this cop WILL have to do the time for doing the crime, so to speak. All to often I see the few crooked cops get away with things that they should not.

Notice that I said the few. I say that because in my own experience 99.99% of cops are on the up and up. I have only run into two cops in my lifetime that should not be allowed to wear the badge. All the other cops I dealt with ( I was a mischevious teenager) were actually really great and even helped me through some rough personal times.

But I digress. What this cop did was stupid, and now he is going to have to face the music.... All because his Mcdonald's wasn't ready fast enough to suit him....There is a cop that needs to resign... If he is not fired that is.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
Maybe THIS Time they'll get his order right. Still what a moron a cop of all people doing that. This guy should get his teeth kicked in our his wrists broken or atleast suspended maybe even fired.

You are treading into some dangerous waters friend. What he did was dangerous and reckless, and he should be punished.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
Friedrich Nietzsche
German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rockpuck, I'm not sure where you got your information, but you do not need military service to be a Law Enforcement Officer.

Is this something in your city, county, or state?

Here (Florida), all it requires is a high school diploma, and passing the background check.

And, each Law Enforcement agency has their own requirements, within this area.

Some require two years of college, some require other additional training.

All to my knowledge, require extensive background checks, passing Police Academy, and high school diplomas, or G.E.D. at minimum.

This guy in Denver, does not sound like he had thought out the consequences of his actions.

Really, fast food, is just not enough reason to pull your weapon.

A weapon, is a last resort tool, for use when your life is endangered.

Self-defense only, period.

My pistols and shotgun never leave my apartment, unless I'm going to the gun range for practice.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

new topics

top topics

join