It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to allow 2,700 Muslims to visit Mecca: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

China to allow 2,700 Muslims to visit Mecca: report

www.google.com

BEIJING — China will allow over 2,700 Muslims to visit the holy site of Mecca this year, with pilgrims making the trip in 10 groups organised by the government, state press said Tuesday.

The pilgrims will come from the major cities in China's Xinjiang region including Urumqi, Yili, Kashgar and Hotan and will undergo training courses covering security concerns and basic language needs, Xinhua news agency said.

The government-run ethnic affairs commission will be in charge of the tour groups and accompany the travellers, it said.

More than 30,000 Chinese Muslims have made the pilgrim
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
At first when I read this story I was thinking OK cool. They are allowing people the freedom to travel abroad. But the more I read and thought about it the more I started to remember the old Soviet Union. Where their citizens were tightly controlled while they traveled abroad.

For all the US bashers who are chomping at the bit for another world power to counter American influence Is this really what the world wants for a "Multi-Polar" world?

But the State Bureau of Religious Affairs earlier this month denied this in a statement to AFP, saying Muslims were allowed to go in specially-designated groups.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Talk about domination. It's china alright. The opression is unbelievable. When will it stop? Every human being should be allowed to go where ever he wants... But i'm sure they don't consider their residents as humans, probably more like assets....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This sounds like they are taking notes from the American playbook.

Anti-terrorism law urged after Urumqi riot: expert

"The riot is a typical terrorist attack. The rioters have adopted violent measures to realize their political intentions, which caused innocent people's deaths and regional panic," Bo said.

China should establish a special law for counter-terrorism in addition to the current less explicit regulations scattered throughout different laws, he added.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

At first when I read this story I was thinking OK cool. They are allowing people the freedom to travel abroad. But the more I read and thought about it the more I started to remember the old Soviet Union. Where their citizens were tightly controlled while they traveled abroad.

For all the US bashers who are chomping at the bit for another world power to counter American influence Is this really what the world wants for a "Multi-Polar" world?

Right, China is evil, so we must support US

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamspark

This seems to be a common problem with some posters who like to put words into others mouth.

PLEASE REREAD it and let me know exactly where I said they were "EVIL"

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It was really to emphasise that you feel there are no other options. One can be anti-American and anti-Chinese.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

TBH, I will still be happy with a multipolar world..

The Chinese can keep their problems.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Well...

Only time will tell.

top topics

join