It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Navy UFO Records Declassified

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The Russian navy has declassified its records of encounters with unidentified objects technologically surpassing anything humanity ever built, reports Svobodnaya Pressa news website.
The records dating back to soviet times were compiled by a special navy group collecting reports of unexplained incidents delivered by submarines and military ships. The group was headed by deputy Navy commander Admiral Nikolay Smirnov, and the documents reveal numerous cases of possible UFO encounters, the website says.
Vladimir Azhazha, former navy officer and a famous Russian UFO researcher, says the materials are of great value.
“Fifty percent of UFO encounters are connected with oceans. Fifteen more –
www.russiatoday.com...

Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

[Mod edit - include External Tags, reduce copy & paste]
Please add your own comment / opinion

[edit on 28/7/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
We've had Timothy Good and others documenting western military encounters for years but we have heard little from Russia. Comparing notes should make for an interesting exercise, and I anticipate that it will discard the idea, proposed for instance by Bill Cooper in his later years, that the illusion of UFOs have been created by the military/govt to direct our attention away from their activities.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Lets get the actual documents that are declassified so we can cut to the chase so to speak.

Posting other websites 1 page article with no sources doesn't do it for me. Mind as well get it off of ANW....

Just my 2 cents

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm slightly skeptical about the news stories on that site, such as the polish president being frightened by the number 17, which I was unable to find any other sources for. (Although several sites refer to that site for the story, they claim to get it from a polish news paper or something).

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hmmm, I don't know. As of today, Fox news is running with it, though they cite Russia Today as the source, too. Wonder if they checked it for accuracy or just quoted the article.

It's a big deal for this to be in the mainstream news.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This particular article is pretty ubiquitous in MSM. Pick a News Source and they have all covered this, almost word for word.

Therefore, unless every news agency isn't checking their sources (and it happens), then this is indeed credible.

I find it particularly interesting that half of Russian and Soviet military UFO sightings came at sea which is in start difference to other countries. And it would make a certain amount of sense considering 70% of the surface of the Earth is covered with water, that the majority of UFO encounters would be at sea rather than over land.

POST-SCRIPT: The Wired article quoted Paranormal Daily News as it's Source and PDN quoted it's Source as the same Russia Today article. Sure enough, every other article on the Internet I can find on the subject all point back to the same Russia Today article for their source. Apparently this news item has *NOT* yet been verified for authenticity of it's claims.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Given that Russia is not declassifying top secret documents from WW2, i have huge doubts about more recent and probably just as important stuff being freely distributed in semi-totalitarian country led by secret services. My guess that it is just a distraction for ordinary people in Russia who are starting to get hit by economic crisis.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
....Apparently this news item has *NOT* yet been verified for authenticity of it's claims.

Shocker.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
********************Fox News:

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I also saw this on a wired.com page, but it provided no link to the actual paperwork. I'm assuming paper has been released, instead of a website like the english did.

It was interesting to note, 50% of the cases were underwater.

here i found the post

www.wired.com...

[edit on 27-7-2009 by hisshadow]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I WOULD BE EXTREMELY INTERESTED if any one knows of documentation from Russia, about UFO activity being tracked in or near Moscow, in --specifically-and-only--- the year 1981, prior to October. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Where are the actual links to the documents, I want to download them

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

Who were the papers released to then? Someone could just scan them and put them on the internet.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well considering pretty high ranking Naval Officers have, in uniform, been interviewed on film for documentaries about UFOs I don;t see why people are so skeptical about them releasing some of the documents to do with all.. I think it is part 2 of the *riddle of skies* trilogy that devotes, quite some time, to the Russian UFO experience and contains interviews with several serving Russian military personnel..

The History Channel documentary about the *devils triangle* in the pacific has quite a lengthy interview with a Russian Navel officer about several USO sightings, after the Russians had actually ordered a fulls scale investigation into the phenomenon.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

A link to some of the Russian sightings.... It pretty much nails the myth that serious scientists don;t get involved with UFOs as well. Can you imagine the same sort of people from the West appearing on camera and talking as they do in this and the previous clip?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Declassified Russian Cold War UFO Files More Abyss Than Close Encounters

Traditional conspiracy theorists would have you believe classified military UFO reports are all about flying saucers and little green men. Truth is, at least in Russia, the aliens had a penchant for aquatic locales—not space. We know this because on Friday Russia declassified pages and pages of its Cold War UFO sightings. A full 50% of the sightings were in the ocean, and a further 15% were in lakes like Baikal (the world's deepest). In one sad case, three Russian navy diving cadets lost their lives chasing "a group of humanoid creatures dressed in silvery suits." In another, straight out of The Abyss, a sub commander details an encounter where an underwater UFO reached speeds of 230 knots. "It was like the objects defied the laws of physics," he said. Regardless, accuracy of these reports aside, we can take solace in the fact that Ed Harris has experience with both space and sea.

Russian Navy Reveals Its Secret UFO Encounters

The Russian Navy has declassified its records of UFO encounters, many of which take place in or around water, reports the Web site of the English-language Russian news channel Russia Today. "They are most often seen in the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean, in the southern part of the Bermuda Triangle, and also in the Caribbean Sea," said one naval intelligence officer quoted by the Web site. Another incident cited involved six unknown objects that followed a nuclear submarine in the Pacific. When the sub surfaced, so did the objects — which then lifted themselves out of the water and flew away. In perhaps the most compelling account, military divers in Siberia's Lake Baikal, the world's deepest lake, encountered "a group of humanoid creatures dressed in silvery suits" at a depth of 160 feet. Three humans died during the ensuing chase.

Russian Navy UFO records say aliens love oceans

The Russian navy has declassified its records of encounters with unidentified objects technologically surpassing anything humanity ever built, reports Svobodnaya Pressa news website. The records dating back to soviet times were compiled by a special navy group collecting reports of unexplained incidents delivered by submarines and military ships. The group was headed by deputy Navy commander Admiral Nikolay Smirnov, and the documents reveal numerous cases of possible UFO encounters, the website says. Vladimir Azhazha, former navy officer and a famous Russian UFO researcher, says the materials are of great value.

Navy intelligence veteran, Captain 1st rank Igor Barklay comments:

“Ocean UFOs often show up wherever our or NATO’s fleets concentrate. Near Bahamas, Bermudas, Puerto Rico. They are most often seen in the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean, in the southern part of the Bermuda Triangle, and also in the Caribbean Sea.” Another place where people often report UFO encounters is Russia’s Lake Baikal, the deepest fresh water body in the world. Fishermen tell of powerful lights coming from the deep and objects flying up from the water. In one case in 1982 a group of military divers training at Baikal spotted a group of humanoid creatures dressed in silvery suits. The encounter happened at a depth of 50 meters, and the divers tried to catch the strangers. Three of the seven men died, while four others were severely injured.

“I think about underwater bases and say: why not? Nothing should be discarded,” says Vladimir Azhazha. “Skepticism is the easiest way: believe nothing, do nothing. People rarely visit great depths. So it’s very important to analyze what they encounter there.”

I find the most interesting of all the divers who pursued the humonoid creatures.
Can't wait for the documents to be available

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
One question really intrigues me. The so called humanoid creatures wearing silvery outfits that chased them, could they be dolphins? Are there even any dolphins in that lake, I mean it is the deepest lake in the world. I think we just scratch the surface and should send some new technological probe to investigate instead of humans. i do believe their stories are true but we just need to look harder.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by armandomadrigal
One question really intrigues me. The so called humanoid creatures wearing silvery outfits that chased them, could they be dolphins? Are there even any dolphins in that lake, I mean it is the deepest lake in the world. I think we just scratch the surface and should send some new technological probe to investigate instead of humans. i do believe their stories are true but we just need to look harder.

I think the ones who pursued the humanoids can make a difference between a Unidentified swimming person and a dolphin.

Dolphins can reach speeds up to 9.3 knots, not 230 knots!
Dolphins can adapt to different locations. They have a warm blood, so yes, they can be in the lake, but i also think that the people on the subs that are around there patrolling have enough knowledge and technology to identify a dolphin.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Not to mention that they lost some divers on that chase. Whatever they were doing it was serious. Very curious cases indeed.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Number 1 most viewed story on foxnews.com as o Tuesday July, 28 at 7:47am EST.

www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join