It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(IWWC)Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Max was sitting alone, he had such a troubled night vivid with dreams and pain, he couldn’t wait for it all to end. He surveyed the room around him and watched the frightened faces, covered in dirt and grim, these were the lucky ones, the ones that papa used to call the awakened. He knew this day would come and he would have to help as many people as he could to the extraction point, but how he missed his brother, so young with great responsibility ahead oh him. He stood up he couldn’t afford to cloud his thoughts any longer, looking out the window he watched the sky start to turn redder by the day, he could feel the rumble in the earth and knew it was nearly time.

Flashes of his papa pierced his thoughts, such a wise man was he, he told of a great coming to them when they were little and that we all had special jobs to ensure than humanity survived, how he mocked him them and chastised him, he remembers asking his papa how such a man could reign hell on earth and that fairy tales of devils and demons didn’t exist. A single tear slipped down Max’s cheek, he knew better now, it wasn’t a man, or the devil, or god. The earth was dying, people were frightened and max learned that when people are scared they do such horrible things to each other, there was a war raging on and they were all blind, they couldn't see what he could, it was all coming to an end, soon there would be nothing left to fight over.

Max heard the fluttering of wings against the window and saw a lone bird perched there, such a rare and beautiful site, something glistened on the birds leg and he realized it was paper wrapped in foil, a letter!

Dearest Brother

To sleep. Ah to just have that blissful time when nothing matters, but it shall not be. It’s not my time to rest yet, still so much to do and so little time. Why cant people see the truth, perhaps they are more ignorant than papa said they are, I still remember that day oh so clearly brother can you? Laying there on the floor at papas feet whilst he told us the story of the next coming, when hell shall reign on earth once more and only a few will rejoice. I always thought he was talking such nonsense, oh how I should have listened more and asked more instead of dismissing it so easily, it’s happening now, can you see the skies were you are? They are turning blood red and cackle like fire, it’s nearly time brother I hope you are as ready as I; it’s nearly time to finally go home.

I understand and see so much clearer now the awakening is happening cant you feel it brother? The bubbling and fire in the pit of your stomach, it has grown stronger over the last few weeks and how I long for it all to end, I hear them…. All day and night I hear their pleas and cries and how powerless I feel to it all, if only we could save them all and take them home with us brother I cannot bare to see them suffer anymore.

There are a few of us together now, around 20, they are all very scared and I don’t know what to tell them, they never told us what to tell them brother, I don’t know what to do. I try to appease their questions and help them make the crossover, such a hard thing for a human mind to do, one that’s been so clouded over the years, but they are managing and adapting like papa said they would, we are ready.

I hope that you are safe brother, I feel so incomplete without you, I hear you sometimes, in my thoughts, such sadness and fear brother I try to console you but I don’t know if you feel me. I really hope you do. They are coming for us brother, its time, time to leave this hell behind, this earth can take no more, I hope this letter finds you and puts you at ease that I am safe, it will be your time soon brother and at last we can rejoice, and finally go home were we truly belong.

Keep faith brother we are coming for you

Nexus

Max smiles. He folds up the paper and turns facing the crowd of eager people looking at him.
“Get up people, its time, we are going home”

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i was needing something to do so thought i would join in, i tried something different with this and done it from the perspective of the indigo trying to save people and remove them from harm, i touched upon human war and catastrophic events.

Not the best here thats for sure but thought id join in anyway
, i have bad writers block at the moment.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Well done and thank you ronisha! That is a cool story. It can go anywhere from where you've left it and it makes my mind wonder in all different directions. I enjoyed it!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I like your storey, and enjoyed reading it. It has a beautiful and warm tone throughout, nicely written -a S & F to you, don't doubt your efforts it has sprung Ripe with Joy! -cheers!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I find this to be one of those stories that just sets my imagination going.

What precisely was the "extraction point"? What was the special relationship Max had with his brother and his father? Where is his brother now, rescuing Max and his associates, at what incredible risk? All very strange....

How did things get to this state, where a bird is a wonderous sight?

Really well done, painting a picture that holds together, but really is just a framework, filled with questions that the reader has to fill in.

I really enjoyed that. Thanks.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Axial Leader]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Good story which brings the gloom of war and disaster right to the forefront, yet at the same time hold out the promise of something more, of going home.

You had writers block while writing that? I can't wait to see what you can do when your muses hit their stride.

I hope you do well in the contest,

wupy

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As another said in the comments to your story, much is left unsaid and the reader is left to imagine all the suffering that is happening in the world. A poignant letter from a brother affirms the cohesiveness the survivors enjoy even if it was sent by 'air mail' of an older kind.

Thanks for this... I feel it could be the opening paragraph of a much more detailed book.

top topics

join