It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[New] UFO Photographed by Astronaut During Spacewalk?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

what's a swamp gas filled weather balloon chinese lantern hybrid doing way out there in orbit? Oh, I know. It got zapped by ball lightning

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Good spotting.It seems space is teeming with life of all kinds of shapes and forms.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Wow!!!! That's awesome that you found that!! Props to you!!

This is kinda random but I was watching Semi-Pro the other night, and there is a scene towards the end of the movie that takes place outside during the day and a UFO happens to fly in the background of the scene!!! It was crazy...a little white craft! Gotta check it out

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

So, I tried clicking on the link and it says "We'll be right back"!! Damn! I hope they aren't editing it

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Couldn't some of these be lens flare from the sun and/or anything in the foreground reflecting light towards the lens of the camera?

In other words, what is there that proves otherwise? Just trying to keep things in perspective here rather than just saying "OK, it must be a UFO".

Now, back in time..
The STS-75 footage looked alot to me like small objects close the lens being artifacted. In the full-length video of the event you can sometimes see small, solid objects go by slowly and then the "doughnut" artifacts closely following all of them in the same speed and direction. I believe the STS-75 event artifacting was probably exacerbated towards the end (around the time of the "fishbowl" effect you see) because of the sun coming over the horizon. But what alot of people also don't know is that the infamous STS-75 "UFO footage" was also videotaped on multiple orbits with the sun and the tether in different orientations as the tether drifted. At least that's what I've gathered from other sources on ATS. The camera hardware used to videotape the "tether incident" (The "TOP" camera) was also a multi-function device with multiple imaging capabilities. Because of this it had multiple lenses that could've easily made the artifacting worse. The whole time of that video the camera was basically focused on the tether. Anything close the camera would've obviously been artifacted and out of focus. Just my opinion though..

At first glance, the object in these new screenshots look more like lens flare to me than anything else. I'm just curious if anyone knows more? If we don't have the video it's hard to tell the movement of the object with relation to the potential light sources (which would give us an idea of whether or not lens flare is even a possiblity). If it moved independently and not in sync with either the sun or any other reflected sources in the FOV then it would be much more interesting. But does anyone even have the video? How did the object act when you watched it?

It's also true that lens flare can be created by sources of reflected light not in the FOV. That's why its important to see how the object reacts with relation to the source of the light and the movements of the camera.

THANKS!

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Good find!Have only looked at the static photos,video would make it easier to judge what it is.

Concerning these so called critters from the tether incident,some of the experts here are far too happy to parrot the NASA line

That line is a complete lie,for two reasons(for me,others here might have plenty of other reasons)

1-A lady in England filmed a bright object at high altitude and the news papers here chucked her a lot of money(this was over ten years ago,when sightings were rare!)The object was identical to the tether ones

2-My best mate filmed it too and before he did he phoned me to ask me if I had seen it and what did I think it was.Yes,I saw it on a darkening evening coming home from work and told him it might be one of our space stations.He then filmed this object late at night and phoned me again to say it was a UFO.The next day I popped over and saw the footage and when zoomed in close it was a carbon copy of the tether craft and pulsated

Now I saw that object with the naked eye,it was very bright and stood out like a beaken in the night sky.Nasa are liars

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Clear lens reflection:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10f9baa9b48f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Just watching NASA TV and noticed that the object is still there in the same postion..personally I think that rules out the reflection/lens flare theory.

I believe!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
and to add, the postion was completely different from the above posts image. The object is clearly real and solid.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by clanky2008
Just watching NASA TV and noticed that the object is still there in the same postion..

Got proof?

If you can't post pics - it didn't happen.

Them's the rules 'round these parts.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Here is a video of the spacewalk, have a look at 01.33 and you can see quite a few ring shapes. I personally think its lens flare here but not too convinced with other vids I have seen.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Have to say 99% is lens flare and very obviously so, can't be sure of the rest but when you see multiple rings in a perfect line its flare.

But please carry on looking, I don't want to sound like I'm being negative and I hope you guys spot something but I imagine Nasa preview anything before switching to the live feed of certain camera's.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Broonie

Here's more. Unmistakable lens reflections. Donuts stationary in the field of view at:
1:00
13:30, note the changes with change in camera gain
And the image from the OP at 26:14. Note how the reflection again changes with the changes in camera gain.

Day six highlights

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
From Soboros's screengrabs it looks to me like its a lens reflection...

anyone record the feed....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
yep thats the UFO allright

and xmmm

it seems that those donut - UFOs really like the ISS and Space shuttle

because...

that UFO is EXACTLY like this one

ufocasebook.com...

i637.photobucket.com...

ox NASA...

will they ever admit?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
lens flares?

yep, i think that NASA goes to orbit all the time, and all they photograph is space junk and ice crystals, and guess what, all those photos have lens flare on it!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I read some story about these UFOs being some sort of transdimensional biomechanical beings, that are actually intelligent and a lot more advanced than the most complex organic beings known on Earth... I'd like to believe that but we can guess whatever we want on these things.

They seem to be obviously too small or peculiar to be spacecrafts, and the way they always appear on the video is as disks seen from the face angle... which means that these things should be actually spherical rather than disk-shaped (unless they always orient their flat sides towards the viewer, which does'nt make much sense).

Funny how these things look like eyeballs, flying around in space just like watchers. Maybe thes are manifestations of the biblical "Watchers"... or angels, in some form.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Well done yet again !!

If people read your thread properly and looked at all the pictures you posted they would not be coming up with the lens flare theory, due to the fact that the object was picked up on Astronaut Dave Wolf s helmet cam also.

Strange for both cameras getting lens flare at the same time. being that they are at different angles looking at the same object .

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Thank you Ocker!

I'm glad you've reminded us of that - it seems some members have already 'forgotten' that part.

*There is also a third camera involved: the one Dave Wolf used to photograph the object - I doubt that we will ever see the images from that camera.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

There are multiple videos and images in this post and the discussions are going around the ones which really look like lens flares.

However the initial post by Exuberant1 clearly shows the astronaut grabbing his camera and then following the anomaly. Which means it is not lens flare but it is an object. Period.

The object can be debris, ice particles etc. etc. all that nonsense...But why would the astronaut grab his camera to follow such a regular object, which begs the question.

An angle which might be taken by skeptics could be, if it were really an alien craft why would a NASA astronaut try to expose it since we all believe they are trying to hide it.
Well, the answer would be my theory on the disclosure:

The sightings and visual proofs are increasing, the information is being distributed at an amazing rate with the internet. STS videos, insider confessions are being viewed by millions of people. They just can't control the information as well as they used to.
Which means they might be considering disclosure before something irrefutable happens and is acknowleged worldwide. They can't afford that cause it would blow up in their faces.
But since they can't just admit that they have been lying for decades they have to do it in a smoother fashion. Which is to act as if they are becoming aware of anomalies and then being curious about it. Acting to be on the same team with the ones who believed in extreterreterial life all along.
Then one day they'll be like "woah one of our astronauts captured this video. It might be an alien space craft. we're very excited about it. And see how honest we are. We've just learned about it and sharing it with you guys. Friends?"

Nice to see it unfolding.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by bilb_o]

[edit on 21-7-2009 by bilb_o]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join