It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I made Liquer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
yes..yours truly has created perfection! once again...
in dark times a young magician binded real juice from real peaches with cinnamon,sugar and alcohol spirit to create a liquer...a liquer for kings!

img156.imageshack.us...

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Stillalive]

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
that's pretty wild. i've been meaning to experiment with making my own alcohol, but i don't wanna risk the chance of going blind or anything like that

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
oo finaly a comment thanks a lot im happy now^^
well why should u go blind from making alcohol?
the thing is liqior is pretty easy to make and not dangerous at all.
you just have to wait some time you know..to get a nice old taste.
you just take some vodka..or rum
take fresh juice from some fruit..like any fruit works
and sugar...if ur feeling made scientist like me u can add other ingredients.
like i added cinnamon to my peach juice.
the internet suggest u should keep it atleast 2 months for good taste.
and u should take a sip and if it lacks sugar u should put more sugar again couse the sugar turns into fructose.
so if u feel it lacks something just add more.personal tastes.
its sayd u should put 1:1:1 measures but i dont know.
i keep mine in the refridgerator.
if u hate to wait like me just make two bottles and take a sip now and then from the first bottle,leave the other to age.
i should use my liqior for cocktails,but i really want to drink it as it is to feel the great taste.
i havent tryed the watermelon n honey yet.but i have high expectations.

half the fun is putting the liqior in some cool glass bottle..no one wants to see his creations in a plastic bottle of 5l tap water ):

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Recipe please.
I have made kahlua and various flavors of wine but would be interested in your peach liquer recipe as well.

Daddymax gave me a recipe for gluwein that was easy to make and very tasty. Trade ya recipes.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
allright' well mine recipe isnt famous or anything i thought of it.
i dont usualy drink at all,i just like to make stuff like this,and plus its just liqior,20ml once a 2 days wont hurt anyone.plus its tasty.
so...just take peaches and i guess get rid of the skin. and put them in a mixer,then pour it throw something to get only juice not the little fruits.
then u add sugar and vodka and cinnamon.
in mine if im not wrong the incridients % were 2 juice : 1 vodka : 1 sugar
and u just add a little cinnamon for smell and taste,im not really a profesional drinker but
i think its a little heavy taste.
u better try the other recipe watermelon juice plus a little honey and sugar and vodka.
i think for my next one ill add some kinda seeds or little thingies..for beauty and flavor.
the fermentacion process is kinda quick after 4 days its allright to drnik..but u should live it as long as u want for better taste...atleast 2 to 12 months
carefull with lemon juice liqior,its the only one that getts rotten...couse u know..lemons...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
i kinda made a cocktail u should try it..
u put the juice from one lemon in a whatever cocktail glass u use.
u put a little from peach cinnamon liqior
it will slide down to the bottom couse of the sugar.
u put lots of ice almost to the top
and u put soda or lemonda soda if u have.
so the liqior is in the bottom its awesome cose when u drink u get this sour taste
from the lemon and when u stop drinking u get the taste of cinnamon and peach sweet.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks. I'll try those the next time I drag out my fermentation equipment.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
you have fermentation equipment? what is it?
btw i tryed my watermelon and honey liqior its soo much good man really sugary and good taste i guess i should make more but i dont know if u should make a hybrid peach+watermelon

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Be bold. Experiment. If it turns out badly, you can save it to barter with. In bad times the true alcoholics won't care if it tastes like crap.

We have a home brew store here that sells equipment for making your own. I put up an initial investment of a little over $100.00 for equipment to make my own wine. I'm not a big fan of beer but you can get that equipment too. It's fun and easy and you save a ton of money making your own rather than buying from the liquor store.

I had a liquor store owner tell me that there was generally a 5-10% mark up on hard liquor and a 50-70$ mark up on wines so they were always pushing sale of wine over hard liquor. You can save a bunch of money making your own.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i know that such stores sell beer brewing kits but yea wine too.i didnt know its cheaper that way. is it hard to do wine?
anyway im mixing watermelon,peach and mint tea now see what happens.
in the end im looking to get a really smooth and clear mixture,i guess ill drain it 5 times or sometin.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Brandied peaches, so good. Brandied pears not so much but I suggest a personal family tradition of Cherry Bounce: Cherries, bourbon, cloves sugar. Or blueberry vodka, blueberries, vodka and sugar. Can them and have 2 shots before shoveling snow.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
omg, that looks weird.

as someone who has all the brewing equipment that one could wish for. i would have to say it aint safe.

for one you havn't filtered it. 2 its not in a glass bottle with a cork, and 3 the homeade label is appauling.

what did you brew it in a bucket?

a bottle with a balloon on top....

throw that out man. and get some real equipment. try ebay. get some demijhons second hand. or some big plastic ones. and lurk some brewing forums.

i started with a second hand kit from a boot fair and have got crap load of stuff now.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

also adding premade alchohol isnt brewing at all. all you have made is a very sweet cocktail, that thing WILL NOT make more alcohol.

the alcohol content of vodka would kill any yeast. ..if you added it....

is this a kid by anychance? beacause you are going the wrong way to get more alcahol. very wrong. ..

[edit on 9-10-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Peach liqueur? Pass me a glass.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
DaddyMax's Gluehwein:

Gluehwein goes as follows:

in a sauce pan-
2 cups water
FRESH ginger (I grate mine) a thumb size piece should be fine
1 stick cinnamon
6 or 7 cloves
orange/lemon zest(I don't usually put this in)
1/2 cup sugar

boil to a good simple syrup

add a standard bottle of your favorite red wine
I recommend a sweet red/concord

bring to a boil...strain...serve

Gluehwein is served hot.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
man only my frist two liquers made it and were cooler with the times past.
all the next experiments got sour and rotten after a few fays,i dont understand a think about fermantation or liqeurs>_<

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
man only my frist two liquers made it and were cooler with the times past.
all the next experiments got sour and rotten after a few fays,i dont understand a think about fermantation or liqeurs>_<

What do you use to clean your equipment? Everything should be squeaky clean, not just rinsed. Not sure, of course, but that may be your problem with souring.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
hmm well just some cups and a bottle to keep them storage. i wash it with water and soup..your saying i need stirilized tools?
that seems a bit..extreme,how did old people before did liquer,in the rennaisanse?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
hmm well just some cups and a bottle to keep them storage. i wash it with water and soup..your saying i need stirilized tools?
that seems a bit..extreme,how did old people before did liquer,in the rennaisanse?

god i hope this is all just a big joke.

everything you use to make alcohol has to be put into sterilizer for at least 20 seconds, and agitated in it, the rinsed Quickly with clean water.

if you really want to make alcohol you are going to need at the least. these items(if you don't have these don even try, you will make yourself extremely ill):

*2 Demijohns
plastic or glass, (i prefer glass)

* a syphon , made for home brewing (needs a little plastic tap on the end, you really need one of these or it will get very messy)

*a hydrometer (for knowing when the brewed wine is complete, this is an essential item and very cheap)

*a corker (for corking the bottles, when the wine is made.wooden ones very cheap)

* corks(we all know what these look like, you buy them from brewing shop also)

* an airlock for the demijohns, or it will just go stale and rot. these are the best ones(lets air out, not in) :

*some round paper coffee filters, unless you want cloudy wine. AND a decent size funnel, to fold filters quarterly, and put them in this.

* ONE of the most important things STERILIZER

* a brewing bucket, to sterilize everything in, and for mixing (don't underestimate the usefulness of these) get two, one big one smaller.

*some NEW wine bottles and if you like, buy some fancy labels. (wet back with damp sponge and apply)

this will set you back around 50 uk pounds, not much for a very rewarding hobby. you can make 5 bottles with one gallon, demijohn.

i think thats covered it all, but the most important thing you need is KNOWLEDGE. You wont get any where without that.

as you are new i would suggest buying a cheap wine kit. and buy the stuff i mentioned, that they don't usually include. it is very very easy to do with these kits and you cannot go wrong.

when wine is ready, put on a high surface, such as your dining table and leave for 24 hours, don't even wobble the table. open it up(gently, don't move demijohn, if you do. leave it for an hour to settle).

get second demijohn ready(sterilize and rinse) fold coffee filter in half twice, so you have a sort of cone shape, put in funnel. put funnel ontop of prepared demijohn. put this on the floor, below other demijohn.

get your sterilized and rinsed syphon, gently lower glass/plastic(sometimes diff) into wine demijohn, about an inch above settled silt on bottom. (best to use a bucket clip specially made for this, to hold it, and stop it disturbing bottom)

suck the tap end of syphon, until it almost goes into your mouth(its ok if it does, just spit it out, in sink) and lower this end of syphon to the funnel on the floor.

the wine should now be flowing through the syphon, and through the filter, into the glass demijohn. DON'T leave it to itself, as the funnel will over fill quickly, and you need to control the flow using the tap. it will take about an hour and 20 mins. (usually less) to completely filter the wine, it is necessary to do it ,because the cloudy bits can make you feel sick. (dead yeast/sugar/fruit syrup)

once filtered you can put a bung into the demijohn. or you can now clean and sterilize your syphon, and some new glass bottles and bottle it. (do this)

its very easy to bottle them just Sao some corks in hot water, stick into corker, fill up bottle, put on floor, put corker on bottle. whack end of corker with palm of hand a few times.(or a rolling pin)

That took a long time to write, read it all, if you cant be bothered, then this homebrew isnt for you.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
wow well...thank you mr bob,i will surely use this info when i decide to make my potions again,its a mystery how my first two liquers didnt get sour.
anyway now im more into making poisons xD i guess im more good at that,i cant screw up a poison can i xD

top topics

<<   2 >>

join