It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it normal to have this happen when attempting to have a lucid dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Last night, I was asleep when I had a dream. I have been attempting to have a lucid dream, so when I looked down at my feet and saw that I had six toes, instead of my usual five, I said out loud "This is a dream." A dream person turned to stare at me, so I apologized and continued about my dream. I didn't actually gain control, even though I knew it was a dream. Why not?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
in my experience, yes. i am not a veteran lucid dreamer or anything, but i have messed with it and partially succeeded, like you just described, multiple times. i've always started by looking at my hands but sometimes, especially after 7-9 hours of sleep i sort of wake up within the dream (realize i am dreaming) and take control. usually not for very long though
id say just being able to do things like look at your feet or apologize does qualify as "taking control" to a degree. if you keep working on it, you will probably improve. also its funny you say "dream person" it is my understanding that some people believe (freud) that you are everyone in your dreams. just thought id throw that out there

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mjl_says

There are actually different levels of lucidity in lucid dreams

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thanks, your posts have been really helpful

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redajin
reply to post by mjl_says

There are actually different levels of lucidity in lucid dreams

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

Loved your link thanks for that! Very interesting and very helpful.

top topics

join