It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG new tank gets cancelled by obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
shocking , pure shocking

im utterly gobsmacked such a forward looking combat vehicle should get cancelled.......

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

God what a dumb thread. haha
But I will give you kudos for giving me a laugh this morning.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It's from The Onion mang... satire. puuuuure unadulterated Satire.

www.theonion.com...
The Onion is a satirical newspaper published by Onion, Inc.

The Onion uses invented names in all its stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Thanks for that. Do you think that Obama is really just afraid of dragons? We NEED this tank!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
With out this vehicle America is now DOOMED

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The same deal occurred with the RAH-66, aka Comanche. Sad but true. A lot of times the cheaper alternative get chosen.

Wiki : RAH-66 Comanche

Cancellation

On 23 February 2004, the U.S. Army announced their decision to cancel the Comanche helicopter program in view of the need to provide funds to renovate the existing helicopter fleet of aging attack, utility, and reconnaissance aircraft.[11] Also a factor was the growing popularity in the military of using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for reconnaissance purposes – in addition to tests, UAVs had proven their worth in Afghanistan and Iraq. About US$6.9 billion had already been invested in the Comanche program at the time of its termination.[12] An additional US$450–680 million was required in contract termination fees to main program partners Sikorsky and Boeing Integrated Defense Systems.[13][14]

Technology developed for the Comanche will be integrated into the Apache and other U.S. military helicopter developments. The Army was developing the Bell ARH-70 to replace the OH-58D in place of the RAH-66, but after cost overuns, the ARH-70 was canceled in October 2008.

Currently the prototype airframe 95-0001 "The DUKE" is located at the US Army Aviation Museum in Fort Rucker, Alabama and 94-0327 was to arrive at the museum in 2008.

Damn, I didn't realize the video was from Onion. Very funny.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by guppy]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
HA HA HA HA HA God I love the Onion always makes me laugh. I hope no one took this thread seriously... A DRAGON TANK??? Come on
"100 watt stereo to play the dragon's roar when approaching the enemy to send them scattering like field mice"

Thank you for the laugh OP I needed it.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
A pool and a ball room in the stomach? wth is that for? if your at war your not there to be having fun...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwing19
A pool and a ball room in the stomach? wth is that for? if your at war your not there to be having fun...

Have you ever heard of The Onion News Network before??? They poke fun at everyone and everything.

This is a joke meant to make people laugh.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Haha, quality thread. A nice light humoured shift away from the norm.

top topics

join