It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Express image with two perfectly straight lines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
While looking at a hi-res Mars Express image of the Galle Crater I found two perfectly straight lines in it, which I believe is too unusual to be natural occuring, both of them traverse across mountains and craters without changing course, almost like some of the straight NASCA lines on Earth. Furher more the two lines seem to be tilted at the same angle. The first line is about 60 km (37 miles) long, the second is about 70 km (43 miles) long, see the images below:

Original image link

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

It looks like an artifact on the lens or on the film, not on the actual landscape. That is my uninformed opinion, for what it is worth.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
In agreement with Karl here, it looks to me like the lines are where they pieved together 2 pictures to make one large one.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The lines are dark and smudged this usually an "effect" from lens. None of the textures from the actual land match the lines even according to the shadow directions etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
this is what happens when you go looking for something specific instead of just examining photos. build up expectations and you'll see what you want to see when its really something terribly mundane.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Simply the effects of putting smaller pictures together to form a larger one.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

have to agree. artifact from placing pictures together. Thats not to say there isnothing out there. this is how we learn what is what. good lesson mate.
cheers

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree!

top topics

join