It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: “When man reaches new worlds, Masonry will be there.”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

The above was a quote from the December 1969 issue of the The New Age Magazine, the official magazine of the Supreme Council 33° A.&A. Scottish Rite of Freemasonry of the Southern Jurisdiction, Washington, D.C. Edwin E. Aldrin, Jr., 32°, visited the Scottish Rite headquarters at the House of the Temple in Washington, September 16, 1969, after the historic moon landing of Apollo 11, and brought back the Freemasonic flag that he took with him to the moon.

The Apollo program was rife with Masons; they were proud of being involved, and weren’t shy about advertising the fact.

Source Link: www.conspiracyarchive.com...

Okay, I have never posted anything about The Masons but I found this thread to be very insightful and a unique point of view that I'm not sure many of us think about when we think about the Mansons and some of the players in the NWO. It also includes an interesting book cover of the Moon Landing in 1969 with Masonic Symbolism. (Note the 32 degree next to Aldrins name)

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Ok. So what is your point? We Masons are baby eaters or something? Yeah, we're patriots and (back when being a Man meant something) we had high membership even throughout the trades. If you were a tradesman or a professional, you were likely a Freemason. As things have declined in society, secularism has taken over and no one gives a rats butt about anything other than latest fashion or hollywood gossip.

How dare he have a 32* near his name! Thats just terrible.
I'll bet he kicks his dog everyday before he goes to work too.

You anti masons need to find a "real" boogie man to hassle.

[warning tag, the original poster hasn't done any thing anti masonic, try not to fly off the handle.]

[edit on 20-7-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The USofA is a nation that was founded by a group of Freemasons. Our first president, who set the corner stone and laid the foundation for the USA was probably the most note worthy.

Honestly, it is my honest opinion that this country has fallen away from that foundation. We as a people have lost much in this nation. We havn't had a masonic influence in the White House since the 60s, the 38th President was a member from my home state.

There is no sinister plan in freemasonry. It has bad apples like any thing, police or mechanics. Astronaughts being freemasons is not some thing to get your feathers ruffled over.

Of course, if you think a bunch of older men who can't decide what to have for dinner can rule the world. More power to us.

Muskegon Masonic Lodge 140
Muskegon Commandery #22

[edit on 20-7-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
We havn't had a masonic influence in the White House since the 60s, the 38th President was a member from my home state.

Just a minor correction Brother, Gerald R. Ford was President in the 1970's.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Felonius, I think you need a new prescription for chill pills, dude.

I mean, really...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

It's in reference to Aldrin being a Freemason (who as it happens also wore his Ring when he took some of the first steps on the Moon.)

When we travel to Mars, or to some distant galaxy, it's quite possible a Mason will be on the journey!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just to add, because I don't know how many people actually know this bit of Trivia:

32º after one's name is an official title according to US Law.

So, like someone can be a Jr. or have I-II-II- etc after their name in their signature, a Freemason who is a 32º can have this as their official signature. Some credit cards will even give you the option of putting 32º after your name just as they put Dr. or Phd if you are legally allowed to present that.

My name would be Stephen xxxx xxxxxx 32º

Now.. all I need is "doctor" in from of my name and I'd be set!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well I don't know if Buzz could have worn any ring under the gloves. Maybe, but i don't' really know. But either way, a brother Mason was the on the moon, so deal with it folks. Sorry, I just have to dig this and say that if he was as evil or sordid as some here believe, would he have been chosen to walk on the moon? If so then, mason or not, he was is brave and selfless.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

Well thats what the Masonic legend states.. Buzz brought his ring to the moon, then I believe donated it to a Masonic museum.

Could be he lied, or the Fraternity is lying, but I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
No, I just did not know ! Not doubting you at all. If so, that is too cool !

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The free masons just aren't what they used to be. A good friend of mines great grandfather was a 33rd degree mason and member of the Queens secret police stationed through out Northern BC and the Yukon during the gold rush and early 20th century protecting gold shipments and the railway itself.

Freemasons were serious back then, they would be the most intelligent, hard working members of any society. Taking over every major aspect of the community for the benefit of other masons. Helping each other with free exchanges of service and such was common, to be honest human nature dictates that such a group would have to exist. Sheeple are nothing new.

Today, the world just isn't like that - not on your local level anyway. Any extremely powerful masons in the world, likely don't share the same goals as the masons who live a few miles from you. So you shouldn't lump them into one pile.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Pretty much anybody can become a Mason if they wanted to be one. So it stands a pretty decent chance of a Mason being on a trip to a new world.

Masons are like the culture of tattoos.

In the past tattoos were a badge of being a rebel and all around badass. Now everybody has one. The streets are saturated with colored people.

In the past Masons were selected carefully. Now any idiot can become a Mason. Nothing speacial about the Masons anymore.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Okay, I have never posted anything about The Masons but I found this thread to be very insightful and a unique point of view that I'm not sure many of us think about when we think about the Mansons and some of the players in the NWO. It also includes an interesting book cover of the Moon Landing in 1969 with Masonic Symbolism. (Note the 32 degree next to Aldrins name

Okay folks, I guess I need to respond. I have to admit that I am laughing at the moment because reflecting back on my origanal thoughts when readying this thread and deciding to post it was "How interesting this was" and nothing more. As I state in my quote, I have never mosted anything about Freemasons before and found the thread insightful... Where in that statement any where did I say he kicked his dog lol or that Masons were evil? I am a Patriot, a US Army Vet of 12 yrs and hold no ill will towards the Masons. I am curious if there is a connection between Freemasons and The Bilderburger Group, TLC, CFR and so on and if there is, what roll do the Freemasons play in the NWO? I think those are harmless questions that I should be able to ask.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Lol @ your comparison.. We like to think of ourselves as bad asses still?!?

At one point in history 1 out of 5 males in the US was a Freemason.. that proportion has since dropped drastically.. I don't think Masonry was ever at any time very "selective", except perhaps in Britain/Ireland back when it began and into the 19th century. But even then, when guilds and such were very strict and, for one, protestant, Masonry excepted everyone from every class and religion.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Masonic ideology by default is Libertarian (not the Party), secular and holds Enlightenment ideologies as it's main teaching points..

Masonry doesn't exactly fit the NWO type of organization.. our lodges are not even united, we have 51 Grand Lodges in America alone. As far as the other groups I cannot say.. I would find it very unlikely that in all those groups there is not a single Mason. Masonry as a whole however supports nothing. Unless your a famous Mason its very hard to research and see who really is and is not a Mason.. they could all be Masons, or they could all not be.. I am more inclined to believe Masonry plays no part in any of those organizations, simply because they all go against Masonic beliefs.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Very cool, that was also insightful and informational. Thank you for taking the time to share that info with me. If you noticed my other thread regarding Hollywood and the Illuminati, my point being that through what I've read about Freemasons compared to what I've read about the other Elite groups, Freemasonry seem far more patriotic then any others I've discovered. I don't believe America would have been what it was without George Washington, Other's and Freemasonry. I guess I simply hoping when the fight begins to take our country back that Freemasons are on the side of Freedom and not the Elites.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm not saying the Masons have saturated our culture. Its just that most I have had the pleasure of meeting joined just so that they can wear the ring.

True story.

A few years ago I'm at a party and about 3 hours into it we had to turn the stereo off as we were in an apartment. As soon as the music stopped we all heard what I can only describe is a mix between a cow bellowing and a catholic priest chanting in latin.

We look for where the noise is coming from and find a guy in one of the bedrooms standing on the bed. He had the sheet wrapped around him kind of like a robe and yelling incoherant bs.

We pull him down and ask him what he was doing. He stated that he was a Mason, showed us his nifty pinky ring and said that every night at midnight he has to perform a prayer ceremony and pray.

We laughed at him, called him a cab and sent him home.

I hope that guy isn't the mason that goes to a new world.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Based on that, your pal is a total loony. Sounds more like some ersatz Moose ritual gone wild. I don't care what ring he may have had, thats still lunatic behavior. Should have stopped the booze before that !

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I don't believe America would have been what it was without George Washington, Other's and Freemasonry.

Freemasonry is a byproduct of the Enlightenment Age, as are the ideologies that brought about the French and American revolutions.. crazy ideas like freedom of speech, religion, assembly, democracy .. radical ideas. It's more of a coincidence that those who brought about the Revolution were also Masons, given the ideologies of the time. Though the vast majority of the Founding Fathers were NOT Masons... And of course, that's not to say that just because Washington was a Mason and our first President that he was an entirely pious man.. Human Nature dictates our actions as a whole, which is one thing I never understood about some anti-masonic remarks.. it's almost like we are held to a higher standard, though I am not sure where in history that came about.

reply to post by jd140

Weirdest story I have ever heard lol.. I certainly hope he's off his rocker and his lodge didn't actually trick him into doing that lol.. And I would agree that many men who join do so for the ring... You will find that in Freemasonry we have an awfully large number of realtors, insurance agents, mortgage brokers, cars salesmen ... you get the idea lol..

Granted, I have also met more then one person who has claimed to be a Mason and was for sure not one.. which if it were not for the amusing conversations they led to probably would have pissed me off..

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I hope your friend was not in the Navy. He might have spent his whole career looking for the "barrel"

If you ever get to look at who makes up the lodge, it will most likely be a few younger guys and several older guys. the older retired generation has the time to spend on a regular basis. Getting to my point, I could see these 65-80 year old guys getting up with the alarm clock, tying the bed sheet around their asses, and chanting at midnight. that is a sad mental picture. Just think about how grumpy they would be the next day.........wait a minute!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join