It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did god come from? Philisophical Almost.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
...God appeared suddenly and out of nothing.

All alone in a void, it eventually began creating to understand itself.

Its creations were mirrors, although it didn't really concern itself with the mirrors personally.

The creations then became creators and this continued for a fashion

Eventually after all had been said and done, God sees the stagnant end of creation itself.

God then travels backwards to the void at the beginning of everything and creates itself from the power of its own destruction.

God appeared suddenly and out of nothing...

- Lee

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

So you would, personally claim that something can come from nothing.

Just asking a mere question.

It is logical for something to come from nothing, as long as it is a god that came from that nothing am I correct?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Why not? The Big Bang posits the same thing. That out of nothing arose the universe.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
w4xcaster has pretty much listed out all the options. Everything else is just decoration or poor logic.

Even then why use logic on a faith based question?

Perhaps our minds are just not designed to conceptualize the idea of God. We need causality, we can only understand things if it had a beginning and an end.

Consider this: what if there is no causality? Try wrapping your mind around that for a moment.

Also consider this: What if all these things: forum posters, your friends, the world, are just you talking to yourself.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Why not? The Big Bang posits the same thing. That out of nothing arose the universe.

A common rebuttal of creationists to evolutionists is that how can something possibly come out of nothing, just seeing if it was logical, nothing more...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

*sighs and shakes his head* Firstly, I care what creationists say to evolutionists why?? And secondly, you have already made up your mind about it so why are you asking? And thirdly the only logical outcome for either question would be as far as I can see is that both has always been *if one exists, meaning "God/Prime Mover/whatever* and thusly has no beginning or ending...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

It's fine to ask a question.

No, I am not personally claiming anything.

It's just an idea I had on how a being can come into existence without a creator. It was inspired by your question. I actually just thought we were shooting off ideas, I didn't know you wanted a serious or factual answer to this question.

If you do, then I have no answer for you.
Especially none that I can prove.

It is logical for something to come from nothing, as long as it is a god that came from that nothing am I correct?

Religious beliefs are based more on faith than logic.
Miracles defying logic ensures that faith.

From what I can tell of most religious works and myths about "Gods", they can do just about anything. I guess an answer to your question from that standpoint would be "yes".

Zeus turned into a shower of gold coins and those coins knocked-up Danae.

It's not logical, no, but then again neither is the question.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Something doesn't come from nothing. Consciousness is eternal, it always has been and it always will be. For if it did not exist, there would be nothing to know it did not exist, or if anything else actually existed.

Kind of like if an atheist says they are going to laugh when nothing happens after death. No you wouldn't because that would in itself constitute life after death.

No logic can be used to explain consciousness, what is a "feeling", what it means to be and so forth. Consciousness is beyond logic, beyond science. It is that which creates logic, not that which is created by the logic(creation/flesh).

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by postmeme

Also consider this: What if all these things: forum posters, your friends, the world, are just you talking to yourself.

I've known for quite some time that I'm just talking to myself... I don't think that's quite what you mean though.

I'd give you a star, but alas! this thread was moved to BTS.

More imaginary stars for Watcher, badmedia, and the creepy homeless guy! None for Republican08, I've probably given him more stars than he really deserves for asking the same questions over and over, but the answers are almost always insightful and/or entertaining.

BTS has much cooler emotes, but I feel empty-handed without stars.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

If you want to know where God comes from. You first have to know what God is.

But to know what God is you first have to accept that God is just a name of A SOURCE.

What is a name is the first question you should ask your self. Pluto is just a name but it can be the name of a Dog and a planet as well. Get it.

The name God is not important but the source is.

I missed this before, but it is very true. This is something I was taught very early in my understanding. Names and such don't matter at all. These things are just variables being used to express and understanding. Same as 1+1=2 is an expression of the understanding of math.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I believe that god is the construct. The latticework by which everything is built. The Laws of Physics, not as we understand them, but as they really are-Impartial. The Laws of Nature's God cannot be argued with or broken regardless of "sin" or opinion. I ask questions like What if God created everything to Evolve?. What if God is a cosmic programmer, and DNA is the C++ of life across the universe. The differences between species would be like the differences between Macs and PCs.

Discovery: Life Hardwired in the Universe - The DNA Code( Science & Technology: ATS)

"The DNA Code" - New Research Shows Life Hardwired in the Universe

Just sayin' but what if God is only here because we are here to experience our own little piece of it?

Would that not make us inherently part of God as a whole? A Bio-Centric Universe codependent on us for it's creation?

The Biocentric Universe Theory: Life Creates Time, Space, and the Cosmos Itself

I think God is far more complicated than religion can possibly explain with regimented, unwavering loyalism. I want to know God, so I go out of my way to find out how It did it. Or whether I am partly responsible.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by projectvxn]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join