It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge to Moon hoax believers + side note

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I suppose that this is a call to everyone, not just Hoax believers.

Why not start a community-wide competition for everyone to go on Google Earth, Whirlwind, etc, and search the world for places that look like possible staging locations for the "filming site" of the moon hoax, if it really was a hoax.

If the hoax is real, I do not believe it was done in some studio. I believe it was done in the outdoors.

I would like for as many people as possible to basically search all the places of the world on maps to find areas that could be the site of the filming.

As to the side note? It's a bonus round.

Try to also find where this supposed "real" clip could have been filmed:

www.youtube.com...

For all this, there's plenty of deserts to search. Plenty of hills and large rocks to use as place markers. It's up to you. Where could it be? Basically a game of where's Waldo for NASA.

Now I don't believe it was a hoax, but I'm perfectly open to see your findings. All be searching too.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Your YouTube clip is from the fictitious (i.e., fake) BBC "documentary" Alternative 3, which was produced for the purpose of being an April Fools Day joke. It was never intended to be a "real" clip (although many seem to have missed to "joke" part of it.)

I don't know where the footage was filmed.

[edit on 7/19/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The moon landing footage was obviously filmed on the Moon.

But for the sake of your thread, and to play devil's advocate, I will say that if it were hoaxed, the best place would have to be...

White Sands New Mexico.

Drop some bombs to create craters and add some boulders and ta da, you now have a very moon looking landscape.

However you would have to block out the sky and background mountains, and you would also have to change the colors around a bit.

But I personally am aware that the Moon landings did indeed happen, and much information gained was thus covered up.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I know they happened. This is merely an invitation to those who believe it did not to find proof.

Also, it's very easy to modify the background with camera tricks. A large light source near the camera will disable sky visibility.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I can't say wither we really went or not, but I have no doubt that the footage we are shown is not real.

I also believe that at least the scenes with distance and driving had to be shot outdoors. I believe the rest was done in studio and utilizing model photography shot by Disney studios.

Here is an example of how I believe the out door scenes were shot against a black background. This would not be hard to do and wouldn't need to be completely encompassing as in the model I've provided. If you kept the camera low as to not deviate from the surface you could do this easy.

My example is meant to be as if they were out doors enclosing a set, with perhaps a 100 ft circular frame. I would say circular because it would make it much harder to determine the horizon.

(click to open player in new window)

Also this is a video of Cernen I believe driving the lunar rover. I can see the support bar and Clouds in his visor. Others have said it is not. You decide for yourselves.

(click to open player in new window)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/400f83900525.jpg[/atsimg]

Peace

sorry forgot to add GE pick
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02bf83ce0e7e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-7-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

[edit on 19-7-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You know, a lot of the images have stars with some effects

This

www.hq.nasa.gov...

When highly altered to display light changes, results in this:

img9.imageshack.us...

You can see the brightest stars causing the dots in the sky.

I'd like to match it up with actual star maps, but I'm too tired.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You need to stand an arms distance form one of the astronauts who went to the moon to make up your mind. What do you think? Real or fake?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Those are not stars. I think they are artifacts introduced while scanning the original film.

I don't know what "enhancements" you made but try them on this image:
www.hq.nasa.gov...
The same area of the sky is in view so if they are stars the patterns should match.

If they do, we then need to check a completely different area of sky to see if it still matches, if it it does, then that too means they are not stars but something on the scanner itself.

[edit on 7/20/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

If the hoax is real, I do not believe it was done in some studio. I believe it was done in the outdoors.

Have you ever heard of the ASP?

The Defense Intelligence Agency had an Apollo Simulation Program also known as 'ASP' which totally simulated every aspect of every Apollo Mission - In secret:

ASP is an acronym for "Apollo Simulation Project", which was created in 1961 and operated by the DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) to "help" NASA with their technical problems by establishing a totally simulated moon mission.

ASP was a total secrecy project along the same lines as the Manhattan Project of World War II. The Manhattan Project ultimately employed some 300,000 people and hardly a word was leaked out.

The ASP base was constructed on land controlled by the (then) Atomic Energy Commission and surrounded by other military bases. Scattered throughout these arid Moon-like properties near Mercury, Nevada are super-secret site after secret site. Top level management was provided by CIA spooks. Interface personnel were hired as needed and paid top dollar and then released as necessary (with the required "never tell" NASA warnings backed by the muscle of the CIA).
-pg 54, 61 Kaysing 'We Never Went to The Moon'

And then there is CUSS - a part of ASP:

"Also installed at the "Cuss" base was the true master control center of which the so-called Mission Control and the Spacecraft Center at Houston were merely satellites or slaves.

The master control of Cuss (MASCONCULL) collected all data, programmed it into a computer which then coordinated the entire moon landing simulation. Since all releases were by well-edited tape, there was no chance of a blooper. Again, the total control of news by the American corporate state set an effective precedent for the totally controlled output of MASCONCULL. From prelaunch countdown to the final descent to the ocean, all sound and video transmissions emanated from the flawless and mechanistic heart of a specially modified IBM 370-C computer."

-pg 63, Kaysing 'We Never Went to The Moon'

*Also, Zorgon has some images from Langley that you should take a look at...

There were also some discrepancies in the Astronauts reporting of the temperature and the numbers NASA gives us.

Apollo 11 landed during the Lunar day when the sun was at 10 degrees, when surface temperatures ranges as high as 243 degrees above zero - this would make the temperature 200 degrees with the sun at 10 degrees above the horizon. Collins and Aldrin have made conflicting statements regards to the temperature on the Moon:

Here is Aldrin:

"The thing which really kept us awake was the temperature. It was very chilly in there. After about three hours it became unbearable."

Okay Buzz.... You were cold when the lunar surface temp was 200 degrees.

Then there is those spacesuits and their alleged ability to protect against the levels of radiation they were exposed to....

...If those 7 million dollar space suits were any protection against that degree of radioactivity, the atomic core that melted down the pile
in Three Mile Island could have been removed by now. Alas.

*Before Apollo 11 was launched, NASA were peeling Mylar off the LEM to get the weight down. By Apollo 15 they were carrying Rovers and supplies for extended stays, using the same machine that nearly ran out of fuel on the much lighter Apollo 11's descent.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Not a real cool idea.
Reason being all the secret and even mildly classified areas are not going to be available from satellite or aircraft images.
I have been all over those western deserts. You could use almost anywhere in the Mojave to do the poor looking moonscape shots provided by NASA.
For example there is no small crater and small crater debris discernable in the NASA photos as there is none in the western deserts. If there are large craters that show up from moon orbit and telescopes then there ought to be small ones around in the photos of the landing sites.
There are none that I have ever seen.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

That's why I do not believe Nasa faked it.

new topics

top topics

join