It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Global Warmist DO NOT want you to notice..Prediction..Ice Age Coming soon!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
here where i live in canada the temperature has changed at all in 9 years. lol

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfisolated
Maybe HERE'S a conspiracy for you:

Maybe TPTB know an ice age is coming, but lucky for us some pollution is good to keep the planet warm...

as we all know, for a good few years now we've all been constantly convinced that we're all going to die soon unless we stop global warming. However, global warming is a load of tosh, and really we're allowing the world to start cooling down.. to help them get rid of a damn lot of people who don't have the means to survive the cold.. notice how much the price of fuel's been going up too?

Who knows.

CO2 is NOT pollution, people. Please remember that. TPTB have managed to find a way to tax the air you breathe. That's what this is all about.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Whoa!! I've noticed that the temps here in the desert southwest have been cooler now for two years. Strange feeling to notice the weather change and then see this thread. Yes I would say that here on the ground temps are lower as for the scientists and Washington DC I can't believe a word of what they say about climate change. Good subject

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Out of Durban, South Africa ... albeit that I live in a coastal town, its pretty much mid-Winter here now and I have only needed to wear long pants twice ... and one of these times was simply because I was going to a funeral ... so, for me, an unusually warm Winter. That said though, I have to agree with others here that we are continually going through highs and lows, record weather patterns, etc. etc. ... I just think that, because of the focus placed on "global warming" and the like, more people are paying attention and educating themselves in this regard ... and as is often the case, a little knowledge in any particular field of study can be dangerous.

I watched with interest the solar activity around the seventh and have since become quite the "expert" ... ya right ... but what I did learn is that I knew nothing about these things and when I saw the effect of solar activity on our atmosphere - or rather, our magnetosphere - at www2.nict.go.jp... I was quite concerned to see some seriously high pressures being exerted on our protective layers ... fact is that these things fluctuate all the time and are no real reason for concern - let alone panic.

I could buy that Gore hoodwinked us and that if one has to listen what he says coming purely from a politician's mouth, then one can expect to see exactly the opposite happening ... but then - if fear mongering is what he was doing, why not simply call it as it is and "threaten" us with an ice age?!

We are due for a solar maximum and apparently the sun spot around the 7th was the start of the next phase ... this after around 2 years of complete inactivity (perhaps explaining some of the coolest weather that some of us have been experiencing) ... it is always coldest just before dawn kinda thing ... so lets not take our eyes off the ball - but I think its a little early to be freaking out one way or the other.

Live in the moment and make every second count ... we don't want to be gasping our last breath - either as a crisp or an ice block ... or, of course neither - and bemoaning the fact that we spent the last days of our lives worrying about stuff we have little or no control over and forgot to enjoy the life we had left ... no?

Beer anyone?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I don't need convincing that the global warming idea advanced is a crock and is designed to implement a new economy based on taxing consumption of energy.

First- In North America we do not pay what it actually costs to produce electricity due to subsidization. Nor do we pay actual costs on natural gas.
The closest we come to fair payment for energy is at the gas pump and look at how upset we all get about that despite the fact that western Europe has been paying considerably more than us for petrol for almost 20 years now and it has reformed their societies as far as transportation goes from the ground up. Small engine technology, electric technology, windmills, other turbine forms, nuclear etc have all been advanced because of the rising price of oil.

But is the globe warming? Yes, it is and it has been doing so for at least 20.000 years! the ice age ended and the glaciers receded. We are on the tail end of that great melt still to this day. Global climate change is ALWAYS happening.

Right now, it is a cooler year though, but the sunlight isn't warm and gold, it is hard and blue most mornings. It's July and I still haven't seen a 30 celisius day! At this point of the year, I am wondering where my heat wave is. I could use it! lol

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I've never read so much rubbish in my life!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I once read something somewhere, can't remember where, that said scientists discovered, when they were looking at the ice cores of Antactica, that before every major ice age, there was a period of global warming...first. Then, the ice age happened rather rapidly afterwards.

When I was reading it, I thought that actually made sense, because it reminded me of how humans always report feeling very warm right before they go into massive hypothermia, right before they start to freeze to death. (This information comes from people who have been rescued from almost freezing to death.) It's like the body is trying to compensate, and give one last massive effort to survive, before death from hypothermia happens.

So, maybe it makes sense. If earth is also giant, interconnected living system (a giant eco-system) about to go into an ice age, then maybe it makes sense that the earth is now getting rapidly warmer, right before it gets ready to head into a deep freeze...

Random thoughts....

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
oops, sorry...double post

[edit on 20-7-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Would you care to elaborate Dr X ... or do you often make blanket statements that actually say nothing one way or the other?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

i am pretty sure you meant this.
www.cnrs.fr...

Each of the four large glaciation periods was followed by a transitional interglacial period, towards the years – 310,000, -240,00, -135,000 and –15,000. The end of the glacial period was usually the coldest, and the transition towards a warmer climate took 5 to 10,000 years. In each of the four transitional periods, according to the analysis of the ice samples, the same sequence of events took place: the increase in the concentration of greenhouse gases (CO2 and CH4) was almost immediately (more or less 1,000 years) followed by the warming of the upper southern latitudes.

It's called the Vostok ice core data.
here is a graph.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f33e8fac2bed.gif[/atsimg]
if it doesn't show the graph all the way here is link.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
What the Earth is going through right now in respect to "Global Warming" is nothing more than a phase in its NATURAL cycle. I love how the media has caught on to this catch phrase without even looking into the science behind it. All humans are doing is speeding up the natural cycle. Al Gore's movie was full of flawed science.

As for "Ice Age Coming Soon" ...... yeah thats true, but IMO soon would be more like between 200 to 1000 years from now and most likely it will be a gradual shift. Not something where you go to bed and wake up to a glacier knocking on your front door.

Not to mention, all the planets are doing the same thing..... heating up. And they don't have humans polluting them up. Its gets a lot warmer before it gets a lot colder.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I thought it important to make note of the fact that the owner of the site www.iceagenow.com is also an author selling his book by the same title, in addition to one about 2012, magnetic polar shifts, and evolutionary leaps.

That being said, I'm not saying his numbers are incorrect, but he does tend to only show articles supporting his theories.

As a final thought, global warming is a little more involved than just what the thermostat outside reads. I personally believe that the temperatures of the Earth are simply a natural cycle and nothing more. If humans do have an impact, it's negligible at best. I mean, if the Earth goes through periods of warming and cooling every 150,000 years or so -- does it really matter if humans caused it to happen a few (or even 50) years earlier?

If we have a polar shift, which some are predicting, then the result of that would be an ice age for sure -- at least for anyone living in Canada and much of North America.

Keep in mind, the Sahara Desert was once an extremely fertile land in the not-too-distant past. It will return to that state once again. Many say that an ice age is a precursor of that.

It makes logical sense to me anyway. The Earth has been around for more than a few billion years and it certainly didn't need humans to keep it going then, nor does it need us to keep it going in the future.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Here down south, (36°20′7″N 82°22′22″W) I've noticed myself that the weather has been a bit chilly.

I noticed it especially one night while bartending, went out to smoke a stoge, and I had goosebumps on my legs and arms. I thought to myself, "What the snip!! It's July and I'm freezing my ass off!"

Also was out another night and could see my own breath in the sky.

All that I know is that SOMETHING is up.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Star and flag for the OP and star for you. From the data I have researched, it is becoming increasingly obvious to me, that an ice age is the inevitable outcome here. There is strong evidence that as the salinity of the oceans change to less "salty", the currents change or even disappear. Why will the salinity change? As the earth does warm (and it is overall, at the time, but more importantly, where is it warmer? - the poles), the poles dump tons of fresh water into the oceans, thus decreasing salinity.

We can't get too hung up on isolated heating or cooling waves when considering climate change. So often I see people confusing weather with climate. Where I live, the weather has been unusually hot for this time of year, and I live in an area that is predominantly warm. A mini Ice Age would be welcome!

The earth had a hot beginning and has been cooling ever since. It is a natural process governed by physics, not man.

Well, got to go to Wal Mart and stock up on long johns....

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I suppose I'm the only person not really feeling this...

I live in St. Petersburg, FL and it has been 91-92 degrees here as a high, even at NIGHT!

Not to mention, the humidity, but that's different.. although it sure does add to how hot it feels.

The winters have most definitely seemed shortened in length and not quite as cold as they used to be when I was a kid.

Maybe it's just me.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Global Warming is causing strange weather patterns. We had one of our hottest summers and are currently experiencing one of our coldest winters. The average temprature is still rising though... and thousands of scientists wil tell you so.

The melting ice is a clear indication of warming oceans.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I was wondering why nobody has talked about Solar Minimum yet which is currently happening as it one of the lowest mins in 100 years. The Sun is in what NASA calls "Deep Solar Minimum"

From the article:

The lingering cool temperatures being experience by much of North America has weather forecasters wondering it we are entering a new Little Ice Age—a reference to the prolonged period of cold weather that afflicted the world for centuries and didn't end until just prior to the American Civil War. From historical records, scientists have found a strong correlation between low sunspot activity and a cooling climate. At the end of May, an international panel of experts led by NOAA and sponsored by NASA released a new prediction for the next solar cycle: Solar Cycle 24 will be one of the weakest in recent memory. Are we about to start a new Little Ice Age?

Read Here

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
1997 was like this too. damp and cold summer.

I guess for younger people it's a bigger deal because they've only had so many trips around the sun and don't recognize the patterns yet.

For people over 40, they already understand the 12 or so year cycles of hot and cold that we go through globally having born witness to these cycles a few times in their lives.

Kind of like how old people would be able to see the financial cycles as well and now invest in property instead of stocks because those are bound to fail in 20 year cycles as the generation retires and sucks the value out of the previous lot seeing as they are now all cashing in for retirement.

combine that with the natural aspect of greedy bankers and you get recessions and depressions like we have now.

age may not always bring wisdom, but it should certainly bring perspective that is closer to a real view of things. Which could be interpreted as wisdom now and then.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yes it is going to get very cold. We live on a cold planet that is only warm a small percentage of the time.

Consider that 98% of all species that have ever existed are now extinct because this world is continually destroyed and rebuilt . I have said it before, there will come time when humankind must completely manage the atmosphere or face certain extinction. The AGW crowd should be pushing for the technology to scrub CO2 from the atmosphere instead of cutbacks. At least that would be move in the right direction.

The notion that we should learn to completely manage this world and do away with the natural order is out there, but ponder it just a bit. Is it not the only option we have? We must completely own the means to our survival rather than continue to be dependent upon an doomed ecosystem.

We are in it for the species, and leaving us dependant on a doomed ecosystem is suicide. Earth should be used for the single purpose of supporting human life, and the conservation idiots should be tolerated only as long as it takes to develop the knowledge and technology to ensure our independence from this environment.

A planet wide city should be the goal or our children’s children’s children. Yes I know the resources do not exist for such a venture, and that’s the point. This goal will force humankind to the stars, and we all know that is the only real hope we have to stave off extinction.

The current C02 scare should be met with technology to scrub it from the atmosphere, we would likely get it wrong but it’s a step in the right direction. There will without any doubt come a time when humankind will have to completely manage things like this or die out.

We may like to think we are up above it, but we must adapt or die out!

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Usually our tempertures are 95-105 and humid but lately it's been about 75-90. It's weird. The media is now saying global climate change, if you want to be politically correct. I just thinks this whole global warming thing is stupid.

I also realised they use Venus and Mars as example of what will happen to Earth. They are going to have to realise we aren't Venus or Mars, or distance will make different things happen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join