It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe to Expand For Ever

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   
FreeMason,

I'm dumbing down the established and known fact's already discovered by scientist's. You sir, are a very misguided person. You insist on saying NO to what someone more knowledgable than you say's yes too.

TN1

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The conversation between FM and the e-nonymous is not based in any scientific acceptable theory ,for once more people seems that have not yet understood what is happening in the real world of science and cosmology !
First of all the universe is not flat !!!!And current indications have shown that it will expand for ever ,apparently all the objects are speeding up and tend to move away from each other with a speed U=HD,where H is the Hubble's constant and is the distance .The further the object is ,the gerater the speed!!!!
We have found evidence (experimental ) from various supernovae ,confiring that their light luminosity is less than it was expected to be .So what does this means ??Either our calculations and estimations were wrong ,or they are further away from the place they should be .Because our calculations cannot be wrong ,since they have been confirmed by lots of different groups and theory predicts what are we saying right now, we conclude that the universe is expanding ,actually is speeding up!!!!!
Why ???Well we don't know ,this is something we have to work hard to find ......
A weak physicist.....

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ugh TN1 this time you've failed yourself!

First off you say the Universe is not flat, but then you say it WILL expand forever.

Maybe you should read what's Really going on in the Scientific community, for the universe to expand forever it MUST be flat.

If it is Spherical it simply stops, Saddle it falls in on itself (maybe vice versa but one or the other).

My only point ever in this thread was simply that give a month or so and they'll be saying the universe to collapse in 6 billion years, these things change like that over and over and over again. We'll never know the truth for a LONG time.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
OMFG people!!!

Scientist's have ALREADY PROVEN that the universe IS FLAT. How much more friggan simple can that be?!

13.7 billion year's old
FLAT
AND WILL EXPAND FOREVER
ALREADY PROVEN!

FreeMason,

The 'truth' has already been revealed. Your simply ignoring it.

posted on Feb, 19 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
*sigh*

Ever hear of the new's? No? It's this wonderfull thing that let's you know what's going on in the world around you. You should read/whatch it some time.

Scientist's have proven that the universe is flat, 13.7 billion year's old, will expand forever, and that most of our unverse is made of dark matter/energy ... I think only 4-5% was *actual* matter (what we're made of) ...

They discovered this using a satalite they put into orbit in 2001 or thereabout, built specificly to discover this, called MAP.

Problem is, people are ignoring this discovery and saying NO. FreeMason, was ignoring the truth as this discovery has been announced and he STILL say's NO.

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
...And still, people like FM & E-nonymus have yet to recognize a single *fact*...That all of these theories have *not* been *proven*. That's why those very same scientists call them "theories". They don't know it for sure, but they *think* they've figured it out, based upon *observation*, but they still can't *prove* it...

...Which just goes to show that time & space are not merely bent...The whole universe is completely *warped*...

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Umm ...

What I've been saying is already a fact. Well, except the FTL part since we haven't done it yet to see if it really does work that ways ... But, just to re-cap for you, I've been saying time is movement/speed/gravity/rythmic cycle's. Think it's theory? Look at time dialation (fact), look at gravity (fact), Look at your watch (fact). See, I wouldn't say it was fact, if I knew it was some stupid theory. Time being some field or higher dimension IS theory, but as of now, everything we DO know about time is based on what I've just said.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I was referring mostly to the Big Bang theory still being merely a theory...As far as time-dilation, they still can't *prove* it until someone can design a vehicle or probe that approaches the speed of light.

Most of those other points have been pretty well proven, but basing any idea from pure mathematical probability & not being able to prove it physically keeps those ideas in the category of "theory".

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ermmm ... Time dilation has been proven already. They've taken atomic clock's up into space in one of them there spaceship's they gots, k. These sucka's went very fast around earth. When they got back to earth and check the time against the two clock's, the one in space was slower than the one on earth.

Sorry, having a # day today. Don't mean to come off as rude.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
www.pbs.org... supports the concept of time-dilation as time relies on the presence of gravity to suffer dilations in the first place...

However, what I'm saying is that no one will be able to provide anything other than matematical support to time dilation until they can create a way to measure & experience its effects on a device that can *cause* a dilation of time. Hence, they'd need to build a device (time machine or near-light-speed vehicle) that would trigger the actual effects of time-dilation & be capable of measuring it. That would be solid *proof*...Until then, it's still only a *theory* based upon current (limited) observation & mathematical probability.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Time dialation has been proven experimentally, albeit only in the millionths of seconds.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
MD,

Time dialation doesn't rely just on gravity, there's also speed induced dialation. Travel at C and you age less then those on earth. Ask einstien, I don't know all the inner working's of it ...
Anyway's, your right that gravity can cause time dialation too, but the speed issue HAS been proven using atomic clock's already ...

I'd get you a link, but I'm too lazy right now to do it ... maybe later, if you haven't looked it up yet yourself ...

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I've got a link to Steve Hawking's Universe where I've read up on a lot of things I never understood before...Looks like I'll have to look it up again (about the experiment with the atomic clock, that is).

However, if you'll remember that I mentioned *two* things that would need to be built in order to prove time-dilation; Either a time machine *or* a near-light-speed vehicle...

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Those thing's wouldn't need to be built to prove time dialation though. It's already been proven AND shown to exist at less than C velocities. So, if it's already been proven, why do those two thing's have to be needed to prove something already proven?

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Mainly because, in order to make these effects feasably *useful* for humankind someone would be to have one of those two devices...

I doubt that using the current methods of time dilation would help you any if you happen to be running late for work...

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't think you'd want to be the 'victim' of time dialation at C speed ... What might be a year's travel for you, could mean a hundread year's worth of earth time passing by when you get back. I think work would have given up on you, let alone everyone you even knew would be dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join