It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vinland Map of America no forgery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Vinland Map of America no forgery, expert says

COPENHAGEN, July 17, 2009 (Reuters) — The 15th century Vinland Map, the first known map to show part of America before explorer Christopher Columbus landed on the continent, is almost certainly genuine, a Danish expert said Friday.

"All the tests that we have done over the past five years -- on the materials and other aspects -- do not show any signs of forgery," Rene Larsen, rector of the School of Conservation under the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, told Reuters

I know there is lots of evidence to suggest previous exploration / knowledge of America along with other maps but I found this interesting.

Article here

Wiki about Vinland map for anyone interested.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Nice news. They even checked the wormholes in the map

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Interesting how recent history of the map itself is a mystery... What could the great mystery be? Someone must of been hiding something (how it was attained, etc...) if no one knows how the map resurfaced.

Great post still

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ando_

Indeed, like many artefacts their journey itself are often mysteries. Can you imagine what else is out there in private/secret collections?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here you can do the map analysis your self..

Vinland

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I don't care much for the text book history lessons as always being factual anway. These other countries were just using whatever excuse they could to exploit other resources. I had a history teacher in summer school in the mid 70's that spoke about the secrets and lies of human history and that history text books were often BS.

I look forward to the day when we don't just go by these old style school text books. It reminds me of nationalism and the love or leave it mantra.

But, I also recall having read a weekly reader article about a Viking ship being found deep inside some wooded area. That was in the 60s. Most stories have suggested these people were lost and forced off course, rather than what this map suggests. The map was than probably used to find America when it was seized.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Contrary to what the History Books say about Christopher Columbus, he was not sailing blind. His great-grandfather was an Admiral in the Templar Navy, and even Christopher Columbus's journal states that he was using navigational charts that belonged to his great-grandfather.

When the Templar fleet disappeared in La Rochelle on the night of the Hay Wain in 1307, the most advanced ships using the most advanced navigational tools, were never supposedly heard from or seen again. However, there is plenty of evidence to show that the Templars had arrived in the New World (specifically what is now Canada) in the year 1398 AD, nearly 100 years before Columbus (and nearly 100 years before the Vinland Map).

It's just too difficult for scholars of the West to admit that Heretical "Satanic" Knights and Vikings may have been visiting North America long before the Catholic Spaniards did. (This is especially an erroneous belief too considering Columbus was Jewish, not Catholic.)

Thanks AlwaysQuestion on the update on the Vinland Map. It's been so long since I've heard anything about it that I had all but forgotten about it.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is a Win/Win in my opinion. Not only will we be celebrating Columbus day but we can now add Vinland day to the list of Federal holidays.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
This is a Win/Win in my opinion. Not only will we be celebrating Columbus day but we can now add Vinland day to the list of Federal holidays.

Excellent... I mean seriously - what other reason is there to find out historical truths than to find reason for another holiday?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I've been to L'Anse aux Meadows, its a pretty cool site. It goes way back before John Cabot discovered us here in Newfoundland in 1495 on the Matthew. Its cool to think that they were here sooo long ago with no other people.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

what happened to this fleet afterwards then? How did columbus ancestors gain these charts?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha

what happened to this fleet afterwards then? How did columbus ancestors gain these charts?

As far as where did the Templars get these Navigational Charts to begin with? They could have gotten them from the Vikings. There are legends of an Egyptian Muslim that sailed shortly after the Crusades with supposedly 2000 ships across the Atlantic never to be heard from again. Considering that the Templars and the Egyptian Muslims were enemies on the battlefield but friendly off the battlefield, maybe they did make it back and shared their secret with the Templars. More likely, however, is that the Templars themselves discovered these lands with their own Navigation. The Modern Nautical Compass is attributed to the Templars. With that, a Trans-Atlantic voyage would have been far less dangerous, even when sailing into uncharted waters.

The Templars didn't just disband. In some countries they were allowed to just change the name of their Order to something other than the Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon. Some countries that were unfriendly to the Vatican didn't even bother to ask that of them and gave them freedom from persecution.

You have to understand that the Templars, at the time of the Inquisition, were the largest and richest Real Estate Brokers, Merchants, Bankers (they invented international banking), and still a feared Military Force (especially their Navy). They were they kinds of people you'd want to have as friends, even if one of your other friends told you that they wouldn't hang out with you anymore if you continued to talk to them. Many of the Templars had powerful friends in every European Court, probably even in the Court of Spain and even the Vatican.

Besides, if these charts were passed down through the family, Christopher Columbus didn't have to tell Queen Isabella that he actually had Templar Charts. Matter of fact, it was probably wiser that he didn't. What she didn't know wouldn't hurt her. But what she knew certainly could have hurt him, being that Spain was the Vatican's lap-dog and Columbus already had a strike against him being Jewish (or at least a Lingurian from Genoa which would have been about as bad to a devout Spanish Catholic at that time).

As far as the Templar Navy, I'll give you a clue what happened to it...the flag of the Templar Navy was a Black Flag with a Skull and Crossbones on it. Who else was reputed to fly the Jolly Roger? Who else had all countries declare open hunting season on them if ever they were encountered on the open seas? Despite this, who else were still feared by every Captain of every ship? Who else was reputed of having a great treasure?

And what waters did they sail?

I knew you could do the math!

[edit on 20-7-2009 by fraterormus]

new topics

top topics

join