It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about living in canada (im moving there)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
heya guis (: so short story here in bulgaria,plovdiv its kinda hard. (im 20 years old now)
the thing is
- people are mean,depressed,jealous,stupid and swear and try to make you feel miserable, the last straw was some grown man cursing stuff about my mother when we axidently walked on each other,i cursed his mother too..but i just cant take this live...
- i dont like the girls here,theyr mean not sweet,you have to be a rock punk with piercings to be a girl's dream,or u have to sweat talk them,they end up dating the bigest loosers just couse they treat them BAD. if u are a sweet guy that treats a girl right..u can probably die a virgin xxaxa xD
- the economy,the salarys...terrible...you cant even find a job without having 100 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE ..and just for 250$ a month...
you cannot even live like a human being with one salary.
so here comes my cousin (my age) from canada on a little trip (he was bulgarian but he moved in canada when he was very little) so..
i may have problems but why change my self when i can just escape and start a new life in a country that i heard so good stuff about..a country that is for me.
not that i dont like stuff about my country but yea..call me judas...
i tryed google,youtube but i just cant get enough real info about imigrants,living and stuff about canada.
so i need info from people that know and live there..and i remembered about abovetopsecret.com ^_^
so i saw the austrian airlines were selling tickets from sofia to canada for 300 euros(going and back after a week) pretty cheap and great deal for me ^^ no extras i guess but still awesome.
so things i need to know.
-ticket prices,stuff i can bring with me..pass airport,taxes,visa seems to be easy to take.
-once im there,fastest way to find some job(im bartender and waiter i have document in english xD)(i have experience as security guard and im very very good with computers,my level of english is ncie enough to live there..ill make it perfect when i get there)
- imigrant agencyes?how can i contribute to the great country of canada?XD
- free health care for me as imigrant? free water? cheap places to live?bus tickets?
- grocerys prices?minim wager is 8$ a hour i know?sundicates?
- how easy will canadians accept me as one of them(im young so should be easyer)
- will i be treated as crap
- how are the girls there ^_^
i guess i will be in otawwa the capital city..so i need to know about this stuff there...
truth be told i just want to start a new life,and have a nice girlfriend and buy house stuff and live a better life.hope i get some info ^_^

ps how come everybody smokes pot?im not really into that never tryed better stay away

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
hello ! , sounds like your planning one amazing adventure into life! and on that i wish you the best!

im from uk, not canada, but , my point is that Loads of people have come to uk from europe to work, me personaly i think its cool, but as with every society their will be people who dont like you for it, but that comes down to 2 things, people being scared of what they dont know and jeloucy.

from everything ive heard, canada is a cool place!

the best tip i coudl give you would be dont over think. find out what sort of visa you would need to get in, find some accomadation, find a job, then do it!
wherever you move to it will be hard to start with, even if it was just the next town down. Dont think about healthcare of benefits , as you will find that all out when you get their, and the only reason i say that is that the main reason people use to hate on european people coming to work and live in uk is that their coming to use benefits ect .. personaly i dont have a problem, but for everyone like me their will be another 50 that have nothing better to do than hate on people .

(unless its to sunny beach lol .. soz, im sure thats close to sofia aint it .. i went their on holiday about 17 years ago)

on the last bit, ... thats one reason i heard canada's great loolz ! its all about B.C.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
thx i love the forums here,only place without trolls and hate.
i really wanted to come to england,but nowadays its filled with enough imigrant,no place for more,no jobs..and hard conditions.
about canada i heard its open to imigrants..so yea
i found this neat site loonlounge about helping people like me for canada.
guess ill sign up.
i have around 180 bucks and i will need 2 months work so i can get out of here,o its gonna be hard..but worth it.
still pretty easyer,other people work one year so they can go out of country

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
if you can speak english and operate a computer, come to uk first, make some money then make the jump! alot of jobs may be being lost in some areas, but in other areas their are plenty of opertunities to make some quick cash! journeys are always a bit easier when you break them up a bit.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
im an expert in instaling a windows system,tuning it,faster net,putting best software making the pc alien,but i dont have a document,certifiace of any kind.
i dont think anyone will hire me to fix software problems and reinstall windows without a document of some sort.the competition will probably crush me,even though most of them dont know much as me for system care,but i also dont know stuff about apache servers and server maitanance

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
ok..i live in canada, about 5 hours away from ottawa.
you have no worries.
just get here, contact immigration when you arrive and they will help you with all you need to know.
if you have family here, they can sponsor you and help the process along.
Accepted? of course! We are not biased, and don't let the recent visa thing for Mexicans and Czechs be a judge. That was a dumb decision by our government. Permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Listen though...we are just like everywhere else. The economy sucks everywhere, you might have trouble finding a job at first. We have our share of rude people too, but for the most part we are polite.
I can't speak for the girls here, because they are just as individual as anywhere else in the world. Focus on you, not a girlfriend.
As for smoking the local weed (eeekkk)..listen, we don't all do that. Many do yes, because our laws are more slack about having it. Doesn't mean there is pressure for a newcomer to engage in that kind of activity...in fact i would highly advise against it, if you wish to become a permanent citizen. It is still illegal.

www.cic.gc.ca...

www.ottawa.ca...
www.ottawa.com...

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

he did say he doesnt partake in that form of alternative passtime lol! it was me who brought up bc (my bad sorry) , lets not turn the topic that way or well, you know what will happen to the post.

steering it back lol!

what you say about canada though, makes it sound just like uk, and really, its probably like every other country in the world, their will always bee nasty people, people who dont like someone they dont full understand ect.. the best way to defeat them though is to simply not rise to their bait.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
nice to know one of my ats friends is there. yes my cousin family is living right next to otawwa in a french speaking part.
so i guess i will be ok a week or two living there i dont know.
the thing is am i better finding job and place to live on my own then to trust the agency find me some nasty job?
how the citizenship works..i get it if i merry a canadian girl xD?
and the free health care..do i hve to wait 10 hours to get checked or is this lies from america propaganda agaisnt canada?
am i better signin with family doctor?
i dont plan on getting sick,i drink lots of vitamin c and exercise so im healthy as an animal dont let the devil hear

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
for healthcare and all that stuff, i wouldnt worry to much, from what ive been led to believe canada's healthcare is similar to uk's healthcare.. if you get injured they fix you up, if you want anything else done thats not exactly necessary then you have to pay or wait a few years.

the main thing is, in this day and age, if you get injured in most modern societies you will get fixed up, they might just send the bill later.

probably best to invest on come basic medical insurance for the first year your their, till you know what the system is all about. not only that, these days people who emigrate to another country, and who's first questions are about what they get for free are frowned upon :/

i call it thinking too much, if your a fit and healthy dude, then dont worry about the healthcare bit
then once you get a job their and pay tax ect, start badgering the local docter for info hehehe

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

listen, do not come here with expectations of getting married just to become a citizen..it doesn't work that way. Immigration will see through that immediately, and you will be denied and sent back.
as for health care, there is a process to go through...
www.health.gov.on.ca...
you are looking at months or years....nothing is instant here.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
heh guess im not that smart XD sorry i was joking, thanks for the help i will see this site. i guess i will take citizinship with clean and hard work
i guess if i cant find any job i can always enter the canadian army,they should be recruiting all the time?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Haha you will fit in fine. Theese days immigrants get more jobs then civilians in canada. And the smoking weed part, unless your planning on moving to B.C theres alot of people who dont smoke it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well since i live in Ottawa I will give my 2 cents.

I came here with all I could carry on my back and travelled via my thumb when I was close to your age.
I wanted to work and I have never been without work here.
I find rents to be a bit expensive but its like that everywhere so I guess its all the same in the end.
As far as jobs go...I don't have a single friend out of work right now so its good as far as thats concerned.
My impression of this place is if you are willing to work hard then you will succeed here.
We do have a few bad areas tho that you don't want to go out after dark because it can be a bit scary with the hookers and crackheads and shady people.
It is cheaper to live across the river on the Quebec side but you get taxed harder if you live there and work in Ontario.
I find alot of women here are pretty stuck up as well so I don't even bother with most I meet.
They sure are cute tho if you like that sort of trying to look like a hollywood gal kinda thing.
I don't so I only go for girls with no make up jeans and running shoes...thats more my style and I find those girls hard to find.
It has its ups and downs like any place does really.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I used to travel there a lot on business....for me...

Canada = America with the metric system, better beer, and a more laid back attitude... Seriously, I'd drive around Vancouver, and it didn't seem any different than driving around in the states...same businesses, etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I live on the prairies in Moose Jaw and think its great.I'm 61 and retired from Canadian Air Force,worked as an Aircraft Technician for 35 years.I see a lot of young people that don't want to work much,its a shame.Canada is almost as big as the US and only about 35 million people.Moose Jaw has only 35 thousand but there is 2 hospitals and one is being upgraded right now.There are lots bitching about the immigrants taking all the jobs but its just being stupid.If we didn't have immigrants the population would be declining.Have a good time I think its a good country.

top topics

join