It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walter Cronkite saw UFO destroy a U.S. missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Walter Cronkite saw UFO destroy a U.S. missile

In 1973, Walter Cronkite was working on a CBS story involving UFOs. He interviewed leading UFO researchers to find material and stories about incidents for the special. The most remarkable story however was not covered. That was Cronkite’s own UFO experience during the 1950s when covering a U.S. missile launch in the Pacific.

Bill Knell in 1973 was only beginning his career in UFO research. He relates how during his interview by Cronkite for the CBS special, Cronkite shared his own UFO experience. Knell explained that Cronkite and the other reporters covering the missile test were not all
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I figured this was a timely article to post, both by the Examiner and here on ATS.

The article goes on to give an account that Knell describes...

As Air Force Security personnel walked around the perimeter of the test area with guard dogs and the news reporters watched, the missile was fired-up and about to be released. Just then, a large disc-type UFO appeared on the scene.

Cronkite guessed that the object was about 50-60 feet in diameter, a dull grey color and had no visible means of propulsion. Because the noise of activity around him and the missile engine was so loud, he couldn't tell whether the disc made any noise. He did not notice any coming directly from the object.

As Air Force guards ran toward the UFO with their dogs, the disc hovered about 30 feet off of the ground. It suddenly sent out a blue beam of light which struck the missile, a guard and a dog all at the same time. The missile was frozen in mid-air about 70 feet from the launcher as it had taken off. A guard was frozen in mid-step and a dog frozen in mid-air as it had jumped at the disc. Cronkite reminded me that this all happened within the space of about five minutes or less.

Suddenly, the missile exploded! After that, the disc vanished. The guard and dog looked alright, but were quickly taken away by medical personnel always present at tests in case anyone became injured. At the same time, guards rapidly ushered the reporters into a concrete observation bunker.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hunka-you left off the link.
Is this the link you wanted?

www.examiner.com...

[edit on 18-7-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yeah Hunka you need a link in the OP but I read the one posted after yours, thanks Prof. That link says:

The officer told them, "It was all part of the test." Obviously making it up as he went along, the Colonel said that the event was "staged" to test media reaction to UFOs. He reinforced the usual line to the reporters that Flying Saucers were probably not extra-terrestrial, but what people were actually seeing was secret planes being tested by the Air Force. This test was designed to show the media how "shocking" it could be to suddenly view a new technology. Well, Cronkite was certain that what he viewed was a new technology, but he was also sure it was not an Earthly one! He didn't believe the Air Force explanation then, and he still didn't believe it at the time when he told me the story.

They were thinking on their feet to say it was all part of the test if it really wasn't.

The source isn't that reliable, but it sure would have been nice to hear more about this from Cronkite himself. I'm sure he didn't want to damage his career, but maybe after he retired he could have said something, instead of leaving us to rely on unreliable hearsay like this.

Might be something to it, but if Cronkite was allowed to write about it, then why didn't he? That makes me skeptical.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I remember seeing this years ago! Not to long after it happened.
The story of this anyway, not the year it went down.
The news men that where interviewed said they did not believe what they where told either, one said you could see and hear them trying to come up with a story of what happened.

The good thing is that quite a few story's like this are coming out now and the proof that something big is going on is getting to the point where one has to take this serious.
I could not tell you what they are or where they came from or who is flying them. But I can tell you that they are there, what every they may be.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Cronkite was convinced of the Alien control after years of living
under Truman's legacy.
And his 40 years Moon Walking Legacy was approaching, he must
have had that wrong also.
Conspiracy theory would say he was reporting all lies.
Wow, that can't be.
At least he didn't have to do 9/11 nose in nose out.
He doomed the war for Nixon.
Cronkite issued his concerns about the Nam war and Nixon
made a statement that he might lose the war.
That might have happened.
ED: The 'freezing' of momentum is quite a feat. Gee, must be how
the saucer works. How does it do that. No one ever heard of that
before.

[edit on 7/18/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
can we get a ligit medium on this thread or what? cuz as far as this goes thats about all who i would trust is a God fearing medium that let us know that this is maybe apart of the plan at this point....i do honestly feel a big wake up call is in order and faithfully pray that it is indeed on its way...

for this thread

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I have received very critical emails and comments from people claiming that Bill Knell is a known liar, cheat, that he made up his story about meeting Walter Cronkite, and that I am presenting as fact something that is merely the claim of a known fraud. Some also argue that my article is directing traffic to Knell's website where innocent visitors will be taken advantage by his unscrupulous and criminal activities. Some have even asked me to pull the article.

My favorite part of the article...

Unfortunately, due to Bill being the source, I do agree that the article is suspect to say the least.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A Top Secret craft being witnessed by reporters.
Not likely.
The UFO craft, Tesla, ET or otherwise, is hidden from the Air Force.
Freezing motors and causing electrical radiation harm to people and
cattle are all the known UFO craft effects.

Said events posturing from the Tesla UFO people seems unlikely.

A good example of what not to place you hat on.
ED: Oh, belief in aliens is being supported here so its fictitious.
He happily reported all the Moon landings as shown on a TV spot
that aired this morning, from the man most trusted in America.

[edit on 7/19/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join