It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would UFO/ET evidence be credible in a court of law? - Enough to get a 'conviction'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's a totally hypothetical situation. But I've been thinking about the LRO photos and that got me thinking about all the UFO pictures, videos and eye witness testimonies that are out there.

In this hypothetical situation, imagine that the existence for UFOs/ETs was being argued in court, argued for and against, would it be possible to prove their existence?

If it were a murder trial, would the same amount and type of evidence available be sufficient to convict a suspect?

You know I believe it would. Imagine the thousands of witnesses, hundreds of photos and videos that can be provided in the hypothetical court case.

I'm sure there have been murder suspects convicted on less !

What do you all reckon?

Kiwifoot

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yes, i do believe that there would be enough credible evidence for a trial, but it would take a long time to gather the best data. By this, i mean, people who have evidence live all around the globe, in a lot of countries. To have them on the stand to testify would take lots of logistics and money...
It's true we could use tele-conferencing, or something like that, it would save a bundle.

The only good case in court would be against the Pentagon, because they are the ones providing the budgets for the black projects, but it would be a very, very long trial. Not sure they could find judges that could stay impartial in this trial. After all, they are employed and paid by State or Federal goverment agencies.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by lagenese]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well, are asking whether it would stand up in a Criminal Court or in a Civil Court?

The reason why I ask is that the Burden of Proof is markedly different between the two.

In a Criminal Court you have to prove "beyond a shadow of a doubt". Any real doubt, based upon reason and common sense after careful and impartial consideration of all the evidence, or lack of evidence, in a case will result in an acquittal.

In a Civil Court you merely have to prove "probable cause" or with 51% or more certainty, either to a judge or to a jury if one is specifically requested (a jury is not required in Civil Court as it is in Criminal Court, although it remains an option).

So, could UFO/ET evidence be credible enough to be proven in a Criminal Court of law? Not even close! There are far too many reasonable doubts.

Could UFO/ET evidence be credible enough to be proven in a Civil Court of law? Maybe. Most likely not with a judge, but with a requested Jury and being able to stack half the Jury with Voir Dire you would only need to show enough evidence to sway one Juror from the other side while presenting your case in such a way that the opposing side doesn't sway one of your chosen (rather non-rejected) Jurors. So yes, you probably could in a Civil Court.

new topics

join