It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions on ET, SETI and NASA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It means anything that has been exposed to the possiblity of extraterrestrial contamination. A nice potted geranium given to a returning astronaut (or smuggled aboard their ship) for example. A plant, not an animal or a person.

One of the reasons it was stricken. No space germs were found (or any space aliens).

[edit on 7/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
And it says nothing about EBE's or their craft.

So effectively your saying this info post on ATS is 'falsifying the truth' as it were?

On 16 July 1969, a United States law was passed called the "Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law" that made it illegal for the public to come in contact with extra-terrestrials or their vehicles.

The Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps then it should come with a disclaimer so people trusting it don't get the wrong idea

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So effectively your saying this info post on ATS is 'falsifying the truth' as it were?

More like freaking out the super-dupes and eager-believers, a cruel sport often secretly performed hereabouts. Aren't you tired of being such an easy target?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It's reading something into the law which wasn't there. The verbiage is "Extra-terrestrially exposed" and it is defined.

# Touched directly or come within the atmospheric envelope or any other celestial body

There is nothing there about extraterrestrials or their craft.

If you want to call it "falsifying the truth" (whatever the hell that means), be my guest.

[edit on 7/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
More like freaking out the super-dupes and eager-believers, a cruel sport often secretly performed hereabouts. Aren't you tired of being such an easy target?

great response

Hmmm any suggestions where to go where my odd way of looking at things would be welcome?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think you should start with the link below and work your way up. Is this a public forum ?

www.stoneaerospace.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Kewl

That critter has personality

[edit on 19-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

That's funny, cause I picked you as being the easy target Jim

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't get it you posed 4 questions and only concentrated on 1 of them.

Can we discuss one of your questions surrounding SETI for example:

Who really owns it?
Where does the money come from?
What is its real purpose?
Why the secrecy if its supposed to be for the public?
What relationship with ATS do the senior members of SETI have (oops had to slip that one in goes back a few years I believe)
Why has SETI changed from being a little funded project to something entirely different over the space of a few years?
Why did SETI refuse entry to a financial backer recently?
Why don't we hear anything on the news about SETI especially after all the UFO sightings we have had recently?

And lastly,

Why didn't SETI pick anything up when a UFO was seen by multiple witnesses around chicago airport a year or so ago? the one mentioned in the detailed MUFON report?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Even more important...why the hell are we looking for radio communications from a culture that seems to be able to blink out of existence and traverse the galaxy?

Talk about a big, fat, diversion.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

becuase theyre not looking for radio signals from your supposed alien spaceships.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

who owns it?

this view is the one generally held by the clueless mainstream public. The view that SETI is this one giant monolithic structured organisation. Not the case seti programs are conducted independantly in diffirent countries.

Where does the money come from?
Private Donations like $12m dollars from microsoft man paul allen

What is its real purpose?
err to search for non natural radio signals.

Why the secrecy if its supposed to be for the public?
what secrecy?

Why has SETI changed from being a little funded project to something entirely different over the space of a few years?
no you have it backwards . SETI used to have an anuual budget of $18m . Nasa stopped the funding about 15 years ago it now runs on $5m a year

Why did SETI refuse entry to a financial backer recently?
dont know never heard about it.

Why don't we hear anything on the news about SETI especially after all the UFO sightings we have had recently?
SETI searches currently do not look for ufos . Unless you include Dr greers CSETI

Why didn't SETI pick anything up when a UFO was seen by multiple witnesses around chicago airport a year or so ago? the one mentioned in the detailed MUFON report?

setis radio telescope is focusing on stars light years away. Not signals close to earth.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

becuase theyre not looking for radio signals from your supposed alien spaceships.

Please, then, share with us what they are looking for.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I don't get it you posed 4 questions and only concentrated on 1 of them.

Well I concentrate on the ones people talk about. That is why I am asking the question

[quote[

Originally posted by circuitfxr
We are making every effort to LISTEN for aliens with SETI, so why aren't we just as diligent with visual pursuits? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

SETI in my opinion is a joke and looking in the wrong places.

We barely started transmitting radio just 100 years ago. At the speed of light those old signals are just now reaching 100 light year radius from Earth.

By the time or radio and TV signals get out a few light years it is almost a useless signal as it has been so degraded.

People say Aliens are here because they heard our signals. That would mean the aliens would have to be within 100 light years approx and there are very few stars in that distance. Even then at that range they would just get noise from 100 years ago.

Here are the possible stars withing 50 light years... a range where some of our broadcasts MIGHT be heard

www.atlasoftheuniverse.com...

IMO SETI needs to monitor the local space. IF indeed we are being visited by hoards of Aliens, surely they have local ship to ship chatter and communication with ground crews outside the ship. We should be looking for THOSE

Any interstellar communication would not be using normal radio waves. Even Star Trek has 'sub space radio' They may even be using quantum entanglement to communicate. SETI is only looking for normal radio chatter

There is one team however that is searching for laser pulses... and they MAY have found one...

Laser-like signal coming from Gliese 581e???

Its not actually from Gliese 581e (an exoplanet) That was an error in the report. I contacted the scientist and the result is here

I will answer your other questions after dinner... they are waiting for me...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

hi, well the seti team based out of hatcreek using the ATA are looking for radio signals of non-natural origin from other star systems. So that could be a deliberate powefull beacon signal, leaked transmissions from a powerfull transmitter (military) or radar signals.

Other seti programs include searching for light signals (optical seti) and searching for dyson spheres. Some other proposed seti efforts include scanning the solar system for alien probes.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

SETI in my opinion is a joke and looking in the wrong places.

We barely started transmitting radio just 100 years ago. At the speed of light those old signals are just now reaching 100 light year radius from Earth.

IMO SETI was set up as a decoy (occams razor) in order to MONITOR ufo activity under the guise of looking for UFOS on behalf of the public!, just like the Russians and the Chinese have done. Although it appears that Russia is releasing more and more as we speak.

I remember a debate on this very site in regards to SETI and some of the compromising questions were never answered

I am sure if we all look deep enough we will see signs of cracking somewhere?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Well the files they are releasing, just like the NSA etc are old ones that really do not offer proof

The only real value to them is OFFICIAL recognition of the UFO Phenomena. They are no longer denying it, but actively posting their old files on their official web sites Canada, France Britain, NSA, DoD, CIA AirForce and Russia all have posted files recently

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

1) Who really owns it?

The SETI Institute is a nonprofit corporation founded in 1984 (California Corporation #1261957). The Institute is a scientific and educational organization governed by the provisions of Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, and the Institute's Federal identification number for reporting and tax purposes is 94-2951356.

www.incorporate.com...

From there you can get the owner info... which for a non profit would be the board of directors

They pay property taxes
www.boe.ca.gov...

2) Where does the money come from?

# NASA Ames Research Center
# NASA Headquarters
# National Science Foundation
# Department of Energy
# US Geological Survey
# Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
# International Astronomical Union
# Argonne National Laboratory
# Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
# David & Lucile Packard Foundation
# Paul G. Allen Foundation
# Gordon and Betty Moore
# Universities Space Research Association (USRA)
# Pacific Science Center
# Foundation for Microbiology
# Sun Microsystems
# Hewlett Packard Company
# William and Rosemary Hewlett
# Bernard M. Oliver

3) What is its real purpose?

Project Phoenix
www.anomalies.net...

4) Why the secrecy if its supposed to be for the public?

A non profit corporation has three mandatory officers president, secretary and treasurer. That is standard... and you need a 'resident agent' Any one of the three above can hold the agent title

In Nevada ONE person can hold all offices

BTW a non-profit sharitable organization does NOT automatically mean 'public'

5) What relationship with ATS do the senior members of SETI have (oops had to slip that one in goes back a few years I believe)

Ask Springer

6) Why has SETI changed from being a little funded project to something entirely different over the space of a few years?

Because scientists like cash cows for research funding
Remember the Ozone Hole BS?

7) Why did SETI refuse entry to a financial backer recently?

Because that would mess up their non profit status which would effect all their other funding

8) Why don't we hear anything on the news about SETI especially after all the UFO sightings we have had recently?

Because the main stream news media and the public don't give a rats ass... when they announce actual contact it will hit the news

But we did here about the laser signal from SETI Optical

[edit on 28-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

hi, well the seti team based out of hatcreek using the ATA are looking for radio signals of non-natural origin from other star systems. So that could be a deliberate powefull beacon signal, leaked transmissions from a powerfull transmitter (military) or radar signals.

Other seti programs include searching for light signals (optical seti) and searching for dyson spheres. Some other proposed seti efforts include scanning the solar system for alien probes.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by yeti101]

Would it not seem a little far fetched to look for radio signals in space? The optical search is a little more relevant, i think. But to expect any ET to use radio is nuts.

I wonder who picked up on the research from SRI, or if there was any headway made in other programs that ran concurrently (I know the Army had one)? I think that if we look for communication we should look at a mode of communication that is more "personal". 1 to 1. Not radio, but instead using the same method that folks like Ingo Swann, Pat Price, and Joe McMoneagle were researching.

SETI is a nice attempt. It just seems like there are other trees that would bear more fruit.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

But to expect any ET to use radio is nuts.

why? do you think humans are so special we are the only ones to discover radio/radar?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join