It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mythical Gay Penguins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
onenewsnow.com...

A pro-family advocate says the latest developments at the San Francisco Zoo show that nature prefers heterosexual relationships.

According to The Examiner, Harry and Pepper -- the zoo's same-sex penguin couple -- have split up over a female. The two penguins formed a bond when both helped raise a chick, but when zookeepers introduced a female named Linda, Harry rejected Pepper and both had to be separated. According to the zookeepers, Harry and Linda successfully nested later on.

Peter LaBarbera with Americans for Truth about Homosexuality says homosexual activists used another "gay penguin" example to normalize their lifestyle -- even turning the concept into a children's book titled And Tango Makes Three.

"Wayne Besen of Truth Wins Out and Ex-Gay Watch and all the radical homosexuals better get their nature examples right," LaBarbera urges. "We wouldn't want to see a flurry of 'ex-gay' animals become available to the pro-family world now."

Where are the gays now? Many of them used this as an example of how being gay was "natural". Can others now say that it is possible to stop being gay?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Maybe they prayed themselves out of gay.

Time to notify the others:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This supports bisexuality now ; )

Male rams still hump each other and I don't think that's changing any time soon.

We should be able to determine right vs. wrong independently from what animals do, I mean honestly....how stupid are we? Wait.....very stupid

[edit on 18-7-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by RRconservative

So why exactly are we getting our morals and values from penguins? If we're looking to the animal kingdom for our morals, why don't we all eat our young when food runs low or just take a dump wherever we want?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymouse876

because that would be too convenient

and besides no one was asking anyone to get their morals from the animal kingdom. these penguins were just examples that it happens in nature. (to combat the "its an unnatural abomination" argument)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well let's all praise Jesus for this miraculous turn of events eh?

I'd never have guessed that two animals who appeared to be acting in a homosexual relationship would fight over a woman.

Actually on second thought I've seen plenty of queers duke it out over a girl, but in most cases they are friends

But seriously, if we are just going to continually attempt to "one up" each other on both sides of the debate, than nothing will ever get solved.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymouse876
Reply to post by RRconservative

So why exactly are we getting our morals and values from penguins? If we're looking to the animal kingdom for our morals, why don't we all eat our young when food runs low or just take a dump wherever we want?

I've seen bent animals, kinda funny watching a male dog trying to hump another male dog. I was under the impression that homosexuality came from having more of the oppopsite sex's chromosomes or something like that, like a woman trapped in a mans body etc. My older brothers a big poof, i've learned to accept it (also freddie mercury was my fav singer and hero), and have come to realise that it is natural, not choice. I reckon bi-sexuals just have an even mixture (greedy sods that they are, lolz).

EDIT: Oh and btw, you DONT take a poop where you want??? weird.

[edit on 18/7/09 by woogleuk]

[edit on 18/7/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
That's wonderful news.

Now the author can write a sequel to "And Tango Makes Three" illustrating the fact that bisexuality is normal too.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymouse876

What the heck does morality have to do with nature?

One is a ever shifting, culturally/temporaly based, capricious man made construct where as the other is just truth personified.

And quite frankly, I'd rather you crapped on my lawn than being preached at by agents of fear, insecurity, and hatred towards their fellow man.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I know this is for the 'natural' argument, but does that really matter? When you think about it - whether you are gay or straight, black or white, Muslim or Christian - we're all human. Isnt it time we started acting that way?

Btw - Yes, Woo, I do but most people dont.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wait, so did these male penguins have sex?

Maybe it was a non-homosexual "my two dads" scenario

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
the reason males hump each other in the wild is not because they are gay. It is to prove their dominance over the other, if you havent noticed, most the dogs getting humped do tend to put up a lil fight. until they start to accept it and become submissive.
same as in prisons.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual, bisexual and transgender behavior in non-human animals. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting. A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior, has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms...
Wiki

Homosexual behavior is natural in humans, as well as non-humans, and religious types who say that it's unnatural are simply ignorant.

Ignorance plays a key role in faith and religion.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Somebody better keep an eye on scorned Pepper, he just might butcher Linda.
What type of name is that for a male anything?

Makes me wonder if Harry will soon be living on the down low some time later.
Brokeback Iceberg?

Hey, does anyone know the fate of Heckle and Jeckle?
...and Chip and Dale for that matter?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I always compare being gay to being a pedophile...big difference is consenting adults but still same warped mindset. I don't agree with people being gay...not for religious reasons..but because it is not normal. But then again as long as they don't bother me...I could care less who is doing who or doing what.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This should give hope to gays everywhere! If gay penguins can turn straight so can they!

Gawd I love it when you can use the same logic on the opposition!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Man, that title made me think of this.

Well I guess humpty & dumpty or whatever their names are were dressed for it.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I always compare being gay to being a pedophile...big difference is consenting adults but still same warped mindset.

same mindset huh?

having sex with children = two men or two women having sex

care to explain how that works?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I always compare being straight to being an arrow, one kills and the other....well can still kill. I don't agree with arrows, not for religious reasons but because killing is wrong. But I guess as long as the arrows don't kill me, I don't care who is killing who or what. So being straight I'm against, since straight things can kill people.

As for bi people....well they're two faced and I'd imagine each part of the face would be separated by a straight line, and straight things kill people as I have demonstrated, therefor bi people are evil as well.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

What don't you get sex with children, sex with animals and sex with same sex...is very warped. All I was saying is that there is nothing normal about the way they have an outlook on life. I am certain they will find a cure for all in the near future.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join