It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paulson reveals US concerns of breakdown in law and order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

www.independent.co.uk

The Bush administration and Congress discussed the possibility of a breakdown in law and order and the logistics of feeding US citizens if commerce and banking collapsed as a result of last autumn's financial panic, it was disclosed yesterday.

Making his first appearance on Capitol Hill since leaving office, the former Treasury secretary Hank Paulson said it was important at the time not to reveal the extent of officials' concerns, for fear it would "terrify the American people..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod edit: Fixed URL problem apparently caused by a server-side parsing issue. -- Majic

[edit on 7/18/2009 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
One can only speculate on what kind of horriffic scenarios are being gamed out at the moment.

I have no problem with the govt discussing such things -- anything less is denial. I include this only to show that situations many consider "cranky" or "infoil hat" are (presumably) soberly discussed with the utmost seriousness in the halls of power. It should also serve as proof that economically speaking things were -- and are -- much worse than the MSM would like you to imagine.

[url=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/paulson-reveals-us-concerns-of-breakdown-in-law-and-order-1750076.html]www.independent.co.uk[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hmmm, so they only started worrying about the "possibility of a breakdown in law and order" last Autumn?

The Bush administration and Congress discussed the possibility of a breakdown in law and order and the logistics of feeding US citizens if commerce and banking collapsed as a result of last autumn's financial panic, it was disclosed yesterday.

Then why is it they were building these so called "FEMA concentration camps" years earlier?

Fema and Rex 84 Program

Posted 08/10/2004

There over 600 prison camps in the United States, all fully operational and ready to receive prisoners.

And here's a thread about these "camps" on ATS from back in 2003!

U.S. Concentation Camps, FEMA, and the REX 84 Program

[edit on 7/18/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

The two aren't mutually exclusive in my opinion. For instance back during WWII they rounded up a bunch of Japanese people and put them in camps.

The FEMA camps could have been preparations for a similar event. The break down of Law and Order there would be no need for FEMA camps because there would be nobody there to enforce it.

Paulson among others played the game looted everything they could in hopes that things would remain stabilized. Well as they have seen that isn't the case. Things don't work according to plan.

When they talk about the break down of law and order they are talking about people not being there to enforce the law. The people that would do the rounding up would be risking their lives on every trip they went to get people.

Now I'm not saying that they don't have purpose even in a situation like this. But from what I can gather they were talking about it as it being a serious concern and a possible real life scenario. Whereas before hand it was all hypothetical.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What's astounding is that this whole economic mess is of such a national security problem both here and abroad that its amazing that no ABC intelligence agencies seemed to be bothered with it.

Sure, you might not ever hear about them investigating this problem, but on the other hand, we shouldn't ever hear about these Treasury and Fed guys out there threatening congress over bailout funds and possible audits.

Bankers can't hold spooks and the military hostage with something like this. So it must be the reverse, which would explain why they are so quiet about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This guy who looks like Colonel Kurtz goes before congress to inflate his self-conceived savior status once more. He is about as cunning and sinister as a snake in the grass. He was the man that will be remembered as the one that sold the US down the river to save his banker brethren. His TAARP legislation started the deluge which we are experiencing right now with all the catastrophic deficit spending.

Don't worry folks he made sure he protected his billions but the average Joe is "SOL." Make mo mistake commotion, is what the government wants and are expecting. This summoning by congress might as well be a rehashing of plans already conceived and slated for deployment.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Jakes51]

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The connection between the kind of operational plans and preparations begun long ago and their sensitive discussions appears self-evident.

Or are we to pretend it was synchronicity?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I think it also goes to show how much they don't tell us for fear of public panic. People who think the government hides nothing from us should take note of this thread.

And yeah, it also goes to show that even those in power see these scenarios that some get ridiculed for suggesting might happen as being entirely possible.

But why if they were so concerned about panic would they being telling us now? Hmmmm....

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
REX-84 has been on the books for a very long time, even before 1984 when it revised into the current program it is today and is tweaked from time to time.

There is credible evidence that the Powers that Be have had a logistical capability to spring a 'camp' system of feeding and employing citizens since the time of the Great Depression and possibly even before that.

Government all governments have only one ultimate goal and purpose and that is controll of society the populace and the citizens by any means required should any means be required.

I am still trying to figure out why the heck we all want to be 'governed' anyway.

I don't know about the rest of you but I couldn't wait to be old enough to leave mommy and daddy's home.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

S&F

Yes I figured they were worried. They had to shut down the banks and all electronic transactions for an hour to prevent a total collapse. This gave them time to up FDIC to 250,000?

Paulson got rich off his first term in the Bush administration, as well as Bush himself.

This could easily happen again. A silent run on the banks electronically. either that of a physical run causing chaos and martial law.

I dont have faith in FDIC either. CD's and money market savings accounts arent covered by FDIC. It's a risky game. We even saw trasuries drop below a buck last year. Unreal!

I havent seen Hank Paulson around. I think he's still in hiding.

They also have DHS on high alert blaming it on the flu pandemic. I think there is more to it. They are expecting something big to happen.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by wonderworld]

top topics

join