It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While I was OBEing, I attacked someone/something. Did I really hurt them?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ummm............I think merging ONLY happens when you meet another aspect of yourself.
Many aspects of self seem totally foreign, so at the level of understanding that you are at it seems very like a different being altogether......but from a higher place of understanding you will then see that these are just aspects of yourself you need to understand and embrace in order for your soul to 'move on' to the next lesson.
I also tend to think that when confronted with different aspects of yourself you may feel compelled to fight it off instead of embracing it, as it seems so opposite of yourself and its attempt at merging feels so much like an attack.

Suggested reading on this subject:
ULTIMATE JOURNEY by Robert Monroe......

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by mjl_says

You are hallucinating. OBEs originate from trauma. It is a form of dissociation.

You are SO incredibly WRONG...and once you come into the learning of your huge mistake on this issue you will not only be humbled but feel stupid for holding to falsehood as truth.
If you had the experience yourself you might then
be able to speak about it with some authority, but since you never have, your foolishly just tossing out 'ideas' you have as fact. If you were a blind person, you would be arguing with others about what the color blue was, and how the sky 'looks' according to your 'ideas' on them...I know for a FACT you have never had such an experience by the things you 'claim' to be true about it.

It is IN FACT Near Death Experiences (NDE) that come about via trauma....not OOBE.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
ummm............I think merging ONLY happens when you meet another aspect of yourself.
Many aspects of self seem totally foreign, so at the level of understanding that you are at it seems very like a different being altogether......but from a higher place of understanding you will then see that these are just aspects of yourself you need to understand and embrace in order for your soul to 'move on' to the next lesson.

What a very interesting take on the subject of astral mergers, thank you. That we are meeting an aspect of ourself that we need to understand.
This may explain why after every merger I did feel like I had become more aware, the fact that Id understood that particular lesson and now I had to move on to the next. Very interesting theory and one I have not heard before, thank you. All different opinions count very much, they all add to the bigger picture dont you think RiverGoddess.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
YES MrGreen.....I do agree with you.

I want to add for everyone else that mere merging is NOT astral sex.....astral sex has physical orgasmic feelings with it. just like real sex, so you are CLEARLY are aware your having sex, not just some merging with others...

In one of Robert Monroe's books, he describes being attacked by 'little demons' clinging to his back, and he could not get them off, he was fighting them and shouting until one of his guides came banished them for him.
,,,,,,,,,...much LATER in the book he describes years later, an OOBE where he was compelled to help someone who was crying out for help, and he came into his OWN bedroom of the past, where a past aspect of himself was running around tearing at his back and yelling for help, because 2 of his pet cats who had passed on were clinging desperately to his back, in the joy of seeing him again, and he had to go after his running self & gently take the kitties off of 'himself' so that this past version of himself could calm down.
Once he helped this past version of himself he instantly moved on with a chuckle at gaining this whole new perspective on it being himself WHO was really helping the 'him' of the past.....

As for the original Post...I have never attacked anyone, nor been attacked via OOBE....so I can not honestly give advise on the subject.........but a freind told me once, that they were fighting a war via OOBE, and when I got 'out' I should follow the sound of a crackling fire where they gather to prepare for the fight.........MAYBE you should follow that sound as well, and join up with others on this quest of battle.......I bet the battling people can help you with your questions.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
But some people say that it is alright to go superheroing in lucid dreams, but not OBEs. If it is ok to do that in lucid dreams, why not OBEs (especially since some people say that they are one and the some)?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

lol I wish Id never mentioned it!

To merge or not to merge that is the question...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Wow!!
Thanks, thats a great idea!! I really apreciate yor post. Also, all of the info on merging is very interesting. The astral is really fascinating, isn't it. It is truly the final frontier! Don't you feel sorry for people who don't think it is real?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
You are SO incredibly WRONG...and once you come into the learning of your huge mistake on this issue you will not only be humbled but feel stupid for holding to falsehood as truth.

If you had the experience yourself you might then
be able to speak about it with some authority, but since you never have, your foolishly just tossing out 'ideas' you have as fact.
If you were a blind person, you would be arguing with others about what the color blue was, and how the sky 'looks' according to your 'ideas' on them...

I know for a FACT you have never had such an experience by the things you 'claim' to be true about it.

I have been out of my body since the age of five due to being physically, sexually and mentally abused. I have only just learnt how to stay in my body

I suffer from PTSD...

Psychology of the body - PTSD (questions, observations from personal experiences)

I also suffer DID.

Multiple Selves and Multiple Consciousness, Being and Knowing...

I have had extensive therapy, body work to learn how to stay in my body

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mjl_says
Here is my problem: I'm really scared that I actually hurt someone/something. Did I? Can you really hurt another creature in the astral?

This is the reason why I responded to you. YOU were scared that you actually hurt a someone/something whilst out of your body.

If you have this fear then perhaps you fear you are losing control?

I contributed to the discusssion not to be attacked but to offer a psychological perspective.

all the best

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mjl_says
Here is my problem: I'm really scared that I actually hurt someone/something. Did I? Can you really hurt another creature in the astral?

Here is some writing I did and posted up here at ATS (if your interested)

The Abyss of the Soul

What concerned me about your post was that it reminded me of an issue I experienced.

The very scarey thing for me was to discover that whilst I thought I was only seeing things and doing things in my mind, I was unconsciously doing them whilst I was out of my body

So in my mind I was cutting and hurting myself, then I look again and see that I have cut myself and I am bleeding. That is what happened to me.

Whatever you do when you OBE, ask yourself the question: would you act that way or do those things if you were in your body?

Perhaps then the fear will go?

All the best

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I have had extensive therapy, body work to learn how to stay in my body

Thank you for providing another perspective on this whole OBE thing. Sometimes we do need to ask what it is we are doing/trying to do here and sometimes the answer may just be that we are infact better off just staying in our bodies! This is something I have struggled with before, we are in physical bodies for a reason..to learn and this constant wanting to astral travel and see other dimensions sometimes isnt in our best interest.

I know when I first experienced the astral planes it was with total innocence and nothing attacked me/bothered me but over time fear/ego/wanting entered me and the astral became a whole new world. One of manipulation. If we do go there I think we need PhDs/degrees in discernment! Unfortunatly I dont know any University that offers such a course. I wish they did.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Here is some writing I did and posted up here at ATS (if your interested)

The Abyss of the Soul

Thank you for your link above. The Dark Night of The Soul is something I posted about also. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your writing on it is excellent. I held back on my experience but you shared all. You are a great inspiration for those who may still be in this night or about to enter it (its not just a night is it, it can sometimes be months, even years). The Dark Night has a myth that you just go to bed one night and feel immense fear and darkness, darkness like you have never felt before, almost like a night long nightmare but its OK because you wake up the next day and the night is over. The dark night is not just a night. The dark, awful Abyss as you so rightly call it does not leave the next morning, it stays . It stays until you feel you no longer actually have a soul, that you are an empty shell with no light. It is a terrible place and reading your description of it has brought back just how dark it is. I never want to feel it again.

Much love and light to you.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Thurisaz,
I owe you a HUGE apology my friend. You are on my friends list as I most always agree with your insight and ideas. Your a WONDERFUL poster and a kind person........I did not MEAN to bite your head off.....
You see, when writing the above I hear my own voice in my head speaking and it was a soft voice full of chuckles, but as I re-read it, I can see how those words certainly can seem biting, shouting and angry. I promise I was not angry and I am sorry that it sure looks that way......
We have the abusive past thing in common. I to, am being treated with PTSD......
I have NEVER once heard of OOBE being caused by a traumatic event. Not in any of my studies of this subject, which are quite vast by the way.....I have not heard of this happening. Hence my reaction and finger shaking at your words.......I DO realize however, that different people have different experiences. I would truly LOVE to hear about what it was that brought you OUT of yourself and how you felt when it happened. How did yuo learn from it, and what types of OOBE adventures you have had, were you frightened or not........
PLEASE accept my most sincere apology here.......it is NEVER my intention to come off as brass and angry.......it has taken me so long to apologize because I didn't come back to this thread till now and I feel like a heal. I truly did NOT mean to attack you, I was just shaking a finger at you in a tsk tsk manner....but I can SEE how it could be read as a serious cut down.
Your STILL on my friends list, where you shall remain......and its good for me to learn about your PTSD and I will be more careful in my wording when speaking about a post you have made.

So VERY sorry,
TRG

[edit on 1-8-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

RG I understand so please don't apologise, there is no need.

When the psychologist told me the diagnosis/evaluated me. I wanted to rip her head off. The moment I read your response I knew it was just like my response. I was angry too because I did not want to accept my own truths and really accept what my truth was.

OBE is not a natural thing, for those who can do it, they have a natural ability due to trauma and sometimes that trauma is locked away in the unconscious so accepting it is hard.

I am not suggesting that OBEs can't be achieved without trauma, but if fear is associated with it, then ... [swear] ! it certainly points to something much deeper. I truly hope that OBE can be achieved in a state without fear... or what I truly mean is that people can meditate and do it via learning and not due to experiences. Peace

Much love
Natalie

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think it IS a natural gift, and I will tell you why,
over on the huge OOBE thread......there have been a couple of folks who say they could OOBE since toddlerhood....it just was something they did and thought everybody else could do to. When they got older they learned it was not a regular ability in people, and they learned to be more quiet about it.
Yet here they are, adults now, and so proficient at OOBE they can go where they choose when they choose, at any given time really.....it seems very much like it is a natural thing for them, with no real 'cause' to blame it on.

I think its a spiritual/paranormal gift, like being a psychic, and maybe even just as common as being intuitive. I have this opinion from what I have learned on the big thread.

Big oobe thread linked for reference here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-8-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by anonamousantichrist

Interesting, people usually see what they want to see. Maybe you saw "anger" because you wanted to see it. That says a lot more about you than me.

@mjl
Lucid dreaming is not OOBE.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
in that world you should not be able to hurt/kill anything
Imagine an OBEer got killed in what world, how can they come back?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stcaf

You got that mental plane, that's you, that's the plane you created in your mind. everything that happends in that plane is you. The other planes are like everything else in nature. Predatorial.
Humans can't be killed in those planes, entities can take your energy, wich they like very much, and when they do that you retreat to your body to restore the lost energy. Your body is like a battery.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster
entities can take your energy, wich they like very much, and when they do that you retreat to your body to restore the lost energy. Your body is like a battery.

They are like vampires. Even when you totally deny them , once they have taken energy its like a connection is made. Some inter dimensional attachment I will always fight it, but it will always be there. The connection becomes weaker and it can be closed off but probably never totally stopped. I would say to others to never do this if it can be helped, this inter dimensional energy exchange has the potential to becomes a life long battle of wills .

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

It is easy to drink from a small stream, it's hard to drink from a waterfall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join