It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members of Congress/Senate (alternate minorities)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I was reading up on the list of our (Canadian) current Members of Parliament and found we have the usual frenchies and Natives amoung them, and an upcoming large amount of East Indian or Pakistani (or even Arab) on our House of Commons floor (not to mention mayors or counsellors for many townships or cities). webinfo.parl.gc.ca... It all seems business as usual around here, they were voted in afterall.

I have seen the list of American Congress and Senate members also. Have you zero population of Indian/Pakistani (American born) within your cabinets? Is there any smaller cites with political figures within these minorities criteria?

If not, why do you thik this is? Would they never get the vote? Are they considered untrustworthy? When do you think the time will come when they will be voted in, and do you think it would be an improvement in the US's global involvement, or a loss of 'American-ness' for you (personally) in some form??

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

Bobby Jindal, govenor of Louisiana, is of Indian (eastern) descent. And actually, one of the front runners in the 2012 presidential election.

I don't know of any others.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
it wasn't that long ago when there where NO minorities represented.

in some cases progress keeps a snail's pace.

elected officials generally reflect the community they represent... well supposed to...

appointed offices are anybody's game. that is, anybody with important friends.

maybe we don't hear that much from the pakistani-american camp?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

wow, awesome, I will have to look him up.

I had no idea,

very hard to search with the keywords politics and minorities, lol, 10million hits come back...arrggggggg

*I checked, wow, wiki says: He was the second ever Indian American elected to Congress. (wonder who the first was??) He was appointed to the House Committee on Homeland Security, the House Committee on Resources, and the House Committee on Education and the Workforce. He was made vice-chairman of the House Subcommittee on the Prevention of Nuclear and Biological Attacks.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by suzque66]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is it possible though that Americans find foreigners untrustworthy?

or maybe Canada has more Indian/Pakistani population per capita and they get voted in?

Do most, in general find anyone from the East to be the enemy (given the news of the past decade)?

top topics

join