It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I Have or Probably Have Swine Flu" Thread..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm in NZ it's spreading here like wildfire. Looks like my 7yr old has it, we were up with her all night because she couldn't sleep, today her fever is less and stable. Docs here seem overloaded with cases, told us to stay home and do the usual 'flu' stuff and that Tamiflu would only be given out to those with underlying conditions. Actually we couldn't even get through to the local doc office on the phone and got redirected to the broader after hours hotline which was unusual. Doesn't seem like they want to test people for it any more. I now have my kid on a natural -antiviral- based diet of raw juiced apples, garlic, cranberry extract, vitC, OJ, chicken soup. She seems ok at the moment. I had the seasonal flu jab 1.5 months ago and I also feel sick as I'm typing this, very dizzy..

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Hang tough! My family and I went through it last month. Watch for dehydration, that's the big scare. Especially with the younger, little people.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I supposedly got the H1N1 virus a week or two before it went truly mainstream. I assumed it was just a bad reaction from being clogged up with allergies, and had it drain into my lungs over night.

The next morning, woke up with a headache and sore throat, sucked it up and went to college. By 4, my headache evolved into a throbbing migraine, and by 5, I was calling in sick for my last class and went home to show a 104.f fever to my mum.
It lasted for about a week and a half; headaches, exhaustion, hard to look around, and constant coughing up yellow-green phlegm. My dad got pretty upset with it, saying I may have had Encephalitis. :/

Never got it figured out since I'm so 'anti-doctor-I-can-take-care-of-myself' like, but a couple weeks later, H1N1 hit the mainstream and mum accused me of having it.
[/shrugs] Wasn't a pleasant experience though. Was drugged to hell and back to get a decent night's sleep. Wouldn't wish that on anyone, really.

join