It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar orbiter photographs Apollo landing sites - NEW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Lunar orbiter photographs Apollo landing sites - NEW!

news.cnet.com

rty years after the Apollo 11 voyage to the moon, NASA released photographs from the new Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter spacecraft Friday showing five of the six Apollo landing sites. Shadows cast by the Apollo descent stages are clearly visible and in some cases, the moon walkers' paths can be seen in the disturbed dust.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
These images are a little blurry, and some of what the arrows point to just look like dots to me, but this is interesting if not proof. What I would like to see is actual hi-res images that I'm sure exist, not these low-res versions that they are giving to the media. Speak out! Is this evidence good enough for you?

news.cnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by axiomuser

Well, there's definitely something there, and it doesn't look like a rock.... so.... assuming there wasn't a structure built there by aliens....

I'd say.

Yeah.

I'd like better shots, but this is close to good enough for me. But I'm a believer. You'll more than likely be inundated here by tomorrow with about 1300 posts.

Have fun.

Oh.

S&F.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
They should buy some canon camaeras or some thing.
Why cant they just turn hubble around and take real pictures ??

Moon is the closest object to earth, and getting any solid from that place seems to be impossible ..

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It eventually will be maneuvered into a circular 31-mile-high orbit, allowing it to photograph surface features - including the Apollo landing sites - with three times greater resolution than the pictures released Friday.

3x greater resolution! These are the images that I am waiting to see!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the Link,

But as ecrap says on the page you linked to: "they could point those little arrows at any little bump or circle and say it was a landing site" - and you know they could....and would

I'm gonna hold of judgment until they release the high res pics. Those babies are gonna be 1/2 meter per pixel resolution.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9b28be05525.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44bbc597ddef.jpg[/atsimg]

Courtesy:news.cnet.com...

And the Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracy begins its flaming tumble down to non-existence. But has this gave support to the other major Moon conspiracy? It is interesting to note that these known artificial objects in the pictures look very much like some of the "Moon anomaly" pictures, especially some of Lear's. Back on topic now, just thought I'd throw that out there.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It's all a hoax! It's all part of NAZ(I)A efforts to cover-up the undeniable facts that we:

1. Didn't ever go to the Moon.
2. Didn't discover alien bases when we uh... didn't go to the Moon.
3. Have recordings of Neil Armstrong commenting on huge alien ships
4. Have images experts blurring out images of alien artifacts instead of... making up new ones like we have here, and...

Stop trying to confuse me with facts!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Awesome pics - at last - shame I can hear it already - Photoshopped, Fake.....

I recall the scene from life of Brian

Brian "Im not the messiah....."
Man in Crowd "Only the true messiah denies his divinity..."
Brian "Ok Im the messiah"
Crowd "He is the messiah!"

Paraphrased I know but I hope you see the point

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Even whilst I typed it LOL

Still it might put argument ONE

"Why cant you show me where we landed...."

To rest

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Silk]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
And still people do not accept that man landed on the moon.

Suppose these people will claim they were put there by modern technology should we get back there in 2019.

I think on balance that it is pretty unreasonable for people to continue to perpetuate this "hoax" myth.

And i'm not involved in the programme nor have i ever been.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I look forward to the non-test pictures, and the Apollo 15 site.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

This has been discussed about a million times. Hubble don't have the resolution to make out the objects from moon surface.
for you too

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by axiomuser

More crappy pictures.So are these the black-and-white images with resolutions down to 1 meter (about 3.3 feet) Nope I don't think so.
They must be the pictures from 3km(100-meter (almost 330-foot) resolution) above the surface but they look higher than 3km's
ing.

Source:
Orbiter Camera (LROC) will make high-resolution, black-and-white images of the surface, capturing images of the poles with resolutions down to 1 meter (about 3.3 feet). A third, wide-angle camera (WAC), will take color and ultraviolet images over the complete lunar surface at 100-meter (almost 330-foot) resolution.

Zelong.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
More pics are coming. These were just a preview
Takes awhile for them to get the prope into the final position.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
These picture don't prove a thing, show me something released by china or something and I might believe it but pictures released by the same people accused of creating the conspiracy in the first place really can't disprove the conspiracy now can it. What ever happened to denying ignorance?

top topics

join