It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Revealed] Apollo Hoax Betrayed by UFO Reports?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
let's see you explain this, moon hoax proponents.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mookie89

Sibrel was very selective with the portions of the actual video which he decided to present, avoiding the ones that demonstrate that the video does indeed show the Earth seen through the window of the CM.

This website shows captures from the footage which Sibrel chose not to show. It also shows that weather patterns on still photographs taken with a Hasselblad match those in the video.
lokishammer.dragon-rider.org...

Here is the footage in question

It's Sibrel who is the hoaxer.

[edit on 7/17/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Sibrel was very selective with the portions of the actual video which he decided to present, avoiding the ones that demonstrate that the video does indeed show the Earth seen through the window of the CM.

This website shows captures from the footage which Sibrel chose not to show. It also shows that weather patterns on still photographs taken with a Hasselblad match those in the video.
lokishammer.dragon-rider.org...

Here is the footage in question

It's Sibrel who is the hoaxer.

This still doesn't explain why a third party voice was telling them when to talk and what to say. It still doesn't explain why the astronauts say the camera is pressed up against the glass, yet seconds later, an arm appears between the glass and the camera. It still doesn't explain why they were trying to portray the blackness around the Earth to be space, yet when they turn the lights on, it shows the blackness is nothing more than the walls of the shuttle. Yes it explains they left some parts out, but it doesn't explain why they were doing what they were doing.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale
let's see you explain this, moon hoax proponents.

Ever heard of an unmanned probe? They've done it for Mars, why not for the moon? For all we know, they sent an un-documented probe to the moon in order to drop this thing off.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Because the astronauts cannot see what they are actually transmitting it's not surprising that Houston would be "directing".

Did you watch the video? There is no "cutout" of Earth pasted to the window. They zoom out, they zoom in, they use a different window. The camera was not "pressed against the window".

You haven't explained why Sibrel chose not to show this footage. I'll tell you why. It's because it completely contradicts his stupid nonsense.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

spare me. there are 3 reflectors on the moon dropped by apollo, all working. two were dropped by lunokhod (russian unmanned probe), one of which never worked and the other which worked poorly. All of the apollo reflectors are exactly where they should be, where the Apollo missions landed. The Apollo 11 reflector was used immediately after being deployed.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Because the astronauts cannot see what they are actually transmitting it's not surprising that Houston would be "directing".

Did you watch the video? There is no "cutout" of Earth pasted to the window. They zoom out, they zoom in, they use a different window. The camera was not "pressed against the window".

You haven't explained why Sibrel chose not to show this footage. I'll tell you why. It's because it completely contradicts his stupid nonsense.

Then who is the person telling the astronauts when to talk? Isn't that even slightly suspicious to you? Houston says something, a few moments pass, another third party voice says for them to talk, and they talk right when he tells them to. It seems suspiciously like they are trying to simulate the delay between transmissions.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

on a tape supposedly leaked? come on, you can do better than that. I'm sure you know how easy it is to fake things like this and send them to gullible fools, claiming it to be an official leak.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale

on a tape supposedly leaked? come on, you can do better than that. I'm sure you know how easy it is to fake things like this and send them to gullible fools, claiming it to be an official leak.

Oh, but you can see the actual astronauts from the Apollo Mission in the video.

And it's funny you say it's easy for a regular citizen to hoax this, but NASA wouldn't dare hoax anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale

The tape was not leaked. It was furnished by NASA. Sibrel didn't like certain parts of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

my bad. I *was* wondering why they didn't show the tape in its entirety.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Well, let's see. There were three astronauts and Capcom in Houston, so we actually hear four voices.

Delay? What delay? At 27,000 miles the delay is a little more than .14 second. Why would they try to "simulate" that? That's goofy. Like Sibrel.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well, let's see. There were three astronauts and Capcom in Houston, so we actually hear four voices.

Delay? What delay? At 27,000 miles the delay is a little more than .14 second. Why would they try to "simulate" that? That's goofy. Like Sibrel.

But that delay was more than 1.4 seconds. And supposedly, they were halfway to the moon when this video was shot, and that estimates to about 125,000 miles roughly.

You still haven't explained why someone would tell them to talk and they obeyed it on a whim.

If they didn't hear what Houston said, then why did they give an answer to a question they didn't hear only after someone told them to answer?

[edit on 7/17/0909 by Mookie89]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You're right about the delay. I wasn't paying attention to the distances. There are three segments; one at 50,980 miles ( a test broadcast), another test at 119,116 miles (the one Sibrel doesn't like), and the live broadcast at 129,000 miles.

I think I figured out what you're talking about with the voices. It's so ridiculous it didn't occur to me. Do you mean when Houston says "Say again about the vertical lines, Buzz"? "Say again" means that Houston did not understand what Aldrin said the first time and is asking him to repeat or clarify it.

031:02:24 Aldrin: Roger. Understand. They do seem to distort vertical lines though.

031:02:30 Duke: Say again about the vertical lines, Buzz.

031:02:35 Aldrin: Roger. When there's a vertical line, these horizontal bands tend to put small waves in it.

031:02:44 Duke: Rog. I copy. He didn't mention that. Stand by, I'll check again.

Here's the transcript of the mission (including this conversation), you'll find the expression, "Say again" is used quite a bit, even when they weren't "performing".
www.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

...the expression, "Say again" is used quite a bit...

ALSO, to add an opinion from the perspective of a pilot, the phrase "Say again" is also used routinely in radio communications between Air Traffic Control and airplanes. ALL of the Astronauts are pilots. The way they communicate is absolutely consistent with normal ATC communication procedures.

In that video (which I had seen before) there is an addition...someone else said 'speak'...truly a fakery to merit Bart Sibrel!!!!

He is a liar and a sheister.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The reason that the term "say again" is used as opposed to "repeat" orginates from the military. The phrase "repeat" is a term used in artillery which basically directs the artillery battery or air defense to "do again" the fire mission.

So that there was no confusion on this and to prevent "friendly fire", the term "say again" was incorporated when asking to send the same transmission a 2nd time over the net, so as not to confuse a "repeat" fire mission.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by OnTheFelt]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
When it comes to the UFO phenomenon, there is always someone who wants to get noticed. Before the internet arrived on the scene, people truly believed we landed on the moon. I think we now live in a world, which gives strength of influence to anyone with film experience. Even though their arguments are in contradiction to 'truth'. there are always someone gullible to follow.

We landed on the moon. NASA may have many faults, but I truly believe we did make it to the moon. Our government may also be guilty of many things, but I think they were being serious with their space ambitions.

As we get further away from the first moon landing (without returning), the more this type of junk picks up credibility. We did make it to the moon.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mookie89
Then who is the person telling the astronauts when to talk? Isn't that even slightly suspicious to you? Houston says something, a few moments pass, another third party voice says for them to talk, and they talk right when he tells them to. It seems suspiciously like they are trying to simulate the delay between transmissions.

High schoolers in Italy used echoes in the communications to accurately measure the actual delay in the transmissions and even used it to correctly measure the eccentricity in the moon's orbit.
arxiv.org...
They didn't "simulate" anything.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I agree with Kadinsky.
There will always be people so shortsighted in their vision of the abilities of man to accept what they themselves can't understand. (They probably won't understand that statement either).

Anybody notice the accents of the narrators of these bogus videos? That pretty much sums up that. So jealous are the Britains!

It's been a long time since I saw a debunking video that was so obviously clutching at straws! And the statement that one man's "theories were wrong". Theories are not wrong. Theories are not right or wrong. Theories are proven or disproven. The intelligence of the people who made these videos match the intelligence of the people that believe them.

And then the narrator gave all kinds of "facts" about conversations and the reasons why the astronauts said this or that. All I heard was "talk". Has anyone ever been in a high stress situation and had to be "snapped back" to answer a question? So much of the evidence is heresay and just plain conjecture because they don't have any real proof.

And then they get totally off topic and start talking about Hoagland and his theories. Anything to discredit Nasa. If they knew anything about anything, they would know Hoagland is one of Nasa's biggest rivals!

About the "c" rock, even if it actually had a "c" on it, you don't have to be an archaeologist to know that when you investigate a site, you don't immediately pick things out of the dirt. First you make a grid and label everything and you plot where things came from. I see no reason to think the astronauts did not do the same with the moon rocks.

I have seen all the debunking videos ever made about moon hoaxers. And believe me, I do not trust Nasa. So I looked at all the videos wanting to believe them. But in the end, when I looked at all the evidence, I had to side with Nasa on this one. Oh, I believe Nasa has lied to us about many things, but I know we went to the moon.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
For something to stay a secret, the government needs to commit huge resources because people cannot keep their mouths shut. There would be people from the inside talking about this by now if fraud we committed on the people of the country. You would have to get a lot of people to go alone with the fraud and you cannot tell me that hundreds of key scientist and engineers of NASA would have been corrupt and would just accept being part of a fraud.

Now politicians and heads of corporations, corruption would be expected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join