It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory I thought of about the afterlife.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
If it responded to our prayers, then there would be proof and it would be testable by science. It doesn't respond to our prayers, since we only want what will provide us with pleasure, and God wants us to provide us with spirituality. He knows better than any of us, so would you really want to put the wheel in your hands? The better driver should drive...

So no it won't answer. The only prayer that is granted is a prayer for deeper spirituality.

God is all good, and all bestowing, all loving. He is not "neither good nor evil". God is curious? Yeah I don't think so.

Your human memories, thoughts, emotions, skills don't go "poof", in spirituality everything is gained, nothing is lost. A person's "loves" certainly does not get cast off. The things that a person desires are the wood for their spiritual fire, I just made that up off the top of my head lol, but it's true. The body certainly doesn't resurrect, that's for sure though. Heaven is the spiritual fullness, so of course its not archaic. It doesn't matter what you call it, the upper light, heaven, the pleroma ect.

You don't get to make the decision to incarnate or not. Again, you don't know best, God does. And considering people's natures are designed in a way for them to seek out the most pleasure, there isn't really a choice, and the same pleasure-seeking part (ego) still exists in the spiritual world, and really the ego is the entire makeup of a person..

And if you do incarnate, its as a human, not some other creature lol.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RokNinja
reply to post by BenIndaSun

you don't have to belive in god to be a good persion and beleving in him doesn't make you one ethier. if infact it makes you arraogant, if your the favourate creation of god then everything's beneath you. there are a long list of evil people in history who truly belived they were doing gods work.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by RokNinja]

I agree. I think being a good person means that you don't do bad to others. I think man can do whatever he wants, and as long as it doesn't hurt someone else.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

again i dont want to hear about god. (FAKE)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Im hoping thats true because well im a good person never mean to anyone unless they start it..

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I myself have long been confused about religion/afterlife/all that jazz...An interesting movie to watch is called What the bleep do we know: Down the rabbit hole. It pretty much talks about how science and religion are very closely related...I see MOST (not all) religions as a search for purpose. Personally, I don't know what to believe, but just in case, I try to be a decent person. I think that the truth is something far, far beyond human comprehension. As for the afterlife, I know a few people who have had near death experiences, during which they saw/heard/felt whatever and it has completely changed their lives. There is a famous guitarist, Jason Becker, played with cacophony, david lee roth, etc etc. Well he was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) at like 19 or 20 years old. He was given 2 or 3 years to live, and 20 years later, hes alive and well. Granted, he's in a wheel chair and can move nothing but his eyes...On his site jasonbecker.com... you can read his story. When he first had the disease, he had a gimp leg. He could hardly walk on it. One night, he woke up and walked to the bathroom. On the way back it dawned on him...he walked with no issues with his leg...and then no sooner did he realize that, he was on the floor. Later on in the story he tells of how he was in the hospital, essentially waiting for death, and he pretty much describes a dream world where thought was instant reality. he imagined a guitar, poof, a guitar. He imagined the most beautiful music, poof, he was playing again. He was getting used to this world, and he felt something tug on his foot. It snapped him back into reality and no one was there. His story has given me a new outlook on everything. Life, death, existence. I encourage you guys to read his story, and to encourage others to do the same.

-Chaos

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Good theory. I have always believed in a before existence and an afterlife.

I think of life as a university experience of sorts. The inner essence, the soul or whatever you prefer, enters this consciousness and it is nothing more than an exam. Depending on how it performs on this "test", it either goes on to the next level, is held back and lives again, or seriously fails and is sent to a purgatory of sorts.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Your mind, or "consciousness", is the portal that connects your soul to this plane. Dreaming is a way for you to reconnect to your soul on a more personal level. Think of it as a way of recharging oneself.

Haven't you noticed that your emotions run much higher in your dreams than if your were "awake"? Almost as if you are feeling true fear? True happiness? True wanting? That's what your soul feels and you get to experience that through dreams. Don't worry yourself with what it's in your dream. Means absolutely nothing. Your soul finds ways to correctly connect visions to what it's feeling. Just focus on what you feel.

When you "die", your portal is severed and then you finally become one with your soul. You could call it dreaming but it's much more than that. Think of it as one big dream that every being shares when it passes on.

Dying isn't you finally going to sleep forever. It's as if you are waking up from a very.....long.....dream.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join